Bumped Heritier Lumumba - Retired today 21/12/2016 (see post #82)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weirdly my fondest memory of him is when Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall took on the Prince, and Johnno Brown pulled his hair and Harry turned around and nearly took his head off.

Not a smart move in either, but a primal, proud and bloody strong move and I take my hat off for that.

Yeah his Copeland speech was right up with a Trump debate so we'll move quickly past that... and his misguided ego... and just say "Thank you" to helping us achieve our quota of a premiership every 20 years :)

Weirdly my fondest memory of him is when Big Bad Bustling Barry Hall took on the Prince, and Johnno Brown pulled his hair and Harry turned around and nearly took his head off.

Not a smart move in either, but a primal, proud and bloody strong move and I take my hat off for that.

Yeah his Copeland speech was right up with a Trump debate so we'll move quickly past that... and his misguided ego... and just say "Thank you" to helping us achieve our quota of a premiership every 20 years :)

He was the Buffalo Soldier in those days. Great memories.

H has both a fascinating and sad back story, and tragedy in his life. He was idiosyncratic, a bit touchy/sensitive, a bit preachy. But at his best all his irritating qualities could be forgiven. He embraced the club, and was key to delivering that elusive 15th flag. I hope he stays healthy and has no lingering effects from his concussions.

He will have the last laugh

I don't think he meant that in the way it was interpreted. Whatever was meant only he really knows, what he does have though is a premiership medallion for the Mighty Pies. They are pretty rare.

He was a very good player for us and one that I admired for a long time. A premiership player and unique individual who is hard to forget.

Well done on your career Haritier. Collingwood premiership player and hero. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Legend.
images

That's the moment I knew we had it won. Which for me is kind of annoying since her developed into such a flog. I wish it was a Pendlebury or Swanny goal instead

It doesn't matter. It was a magical moment and H will forever be one of the favoured few at Collingwood. Life membership awaits and will always be welcome.

That's the moment I knew we had it won. Which for me is kind of annoying since he developed into such a flog. I wish it was a Pendlebury or Swanny goal instead

If it helps, the moment I knew we'd one is the Didak smother and goal Q3. Didak being defensive?!? OMG! WE'VE WON!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all the best for the future H. made the right call. he was different, but his heart was in the right place.
a former premiership player is always welcome back at the club

Can't believe he's a premiership player
Luckily he was for US.

So I join in your congrats that he worked hard to get on a rookie list. Then worked his way to a senior spot.
Then improved enough to play 200 games (199) for our great club, including the Premiership.

So yes it is a bit unbelievable he achieved so much from a rookie spot, good call.:thumbsu:

Was at that game in brissie and brown was pulling Harry's hair was just in front of us I gave brown a massive spray most of it very inappropriate going by the looks I got kept my head down for the rest of the game and we bloody lost,anyway cheers harry

Harry was one of my favourites when he broke into the team. I remember he quickly cemented a spot. He had a wonderful knack of beating his opponent, taking a big step and propelling the ball forward. I think some are forgetting how consistently good a player he was for us in a five year period. A very important part of that back six which won us a premiership.

I never really understood the hate over his personality. A bit preachy maybe; but it always struck me as people not liking someone who was a bit different and eccentric. Which is a shame I think. I reckon he's an interesting guy, who's had some horrible personal experiences that have happened to him, but who ultimately has a good heart. I'm sad to know his career has ended this way, and hope he moves on to good things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back