Vintage Bay Bay 13 Special - Rebecca's Journey - Thread of the Year 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

It did? I thought Ye Olde won it.

Well I will bow to far better posters than I….. Starburns_ and er…um….ahem…. Jade's_

I wasn't here then, I just judge it off the title and the vagur memory of checking what was TOTY when we first started with the 'vintage' tags.

I wasn't here then, I just judge it off the title and the vagur memory of checking what was TOTY when we first started with the 'vintage' tags.

Nah, it totally was. I'm pretty senile these days. Got owned by Jade's_ and all!

Bloody funny thread. I was one of the few Doggy supporters who liked SLF. I even managed to garner a PM confession out of him admitting that he actually liked us and his dear old Granny was a lifelong member. Leon always wanted to throttle him! Some epic sledging between those two blokes! :thumbsu:

Re: Bay 13 Special - Rebecca's Journey

Here you go, a teaser from The Magical Transformation Of Miss Brendina Fevolina ... (Yep, anything to distract from the s**t my boys are serving up)

“Jesus,” said Ratts, “If Fev gets a set of ****, we’re gunna be looking for a new full forward. He’ll just sit on the couch playing with them all day.”

A silence descended over the match committee. It became apparent all of them were of the opinion that if they had a set of ****, they’d spend all day sitting on the couch playing with them too.

“Grrghh orgghhrgr grhghgffgs,” said Sticks, his low growl causing the windows to shake and setting off alarms in car park.

“Sticks, turn your translator on mate,” said Ratts.

Kernahan reached to the small black device at his throat that adjusted his voice to a pitch that humans could hear.

“Dunno about you blokes, but if Fev gets a big pair of perfectly formed funbags, don’t you reckon there’s a danger some of the other boys are gunna want to root him? At least toss off onto them?”

Ratts looked around the table. Heads nodded sadly. It was true. They would.

“Fear not!,” said the unmistakeable voice of Richard Pratt’s ghost, who sat at the end of the table, just like how Yoda and Obi Wan would appear in slightly smaller and blurrier form in Star Wars to dispense wisdom, or offer advice on the best strategems for maximising revenue by working in conjunction with competitors.

“I have a solution!”

TO BE CONTINUED
This is the funniest peice of writing I have ever read. I had to stop reading after the bit about heads nodding. This is great stuff SLF. I know I'm five years behind the times here but it has made me laugh hard and often! I hope this thread has been put in a time capsule somewhere for posterity. It's the best writing I've ever come across on Big Footy. I never thought the Biffinator could be trumped but hats off to you.

Yeah but he is MaddAdam these days.

More the pity he's not a Bay 13 regular. Same as my old school chum Biffinator. Sorely missed the pair of them, despite hating one another. The one thing they had in common was that they had a complete and total understanding of what The Bay represents…. not shitfights and circle-jerks, but some classic and intelligent sledging, cleverly written posts, successful (but at the same time witty) trolls and the ability to get under their opponent's skin that was hilarious to all but said opponent.
Thankfully we still have plenty just like them (Mofra, oogac etc.) but those two guys were pioneers around here.

More the pity he's not a Bay 13 regular. Same as my old school chum Biffinator. Sorely missed the pair of them, despite hating one another. The one thing they had in common was that they had a complete and total understanding of what The Bay represents…. not shitfights and circle-jerks, but some classic and intelligent sledging, cleverly written posts, successful (but at the same time witty) trolls and the ability to get under their opponent's skin that was hilarious to all but said opponent.
Thankfully we still have plenty just like them (Mofra, oogac etc.) but those two guys were pioneers around here.
Different time then though...

I was one of the few Doggy supporters who liked SLF. I even managed to garner a PM confession out of him admitting that he actually liked us and his dear old Granny was a lifelong member. Leon always wanted to throttle him! Some epic sledging between those two blokes! :thumbsu:

SLF was and is a fool. He actually started a thread once praising Brad Scott for making Jack Ziebell wash the dishes, then letting Jack get away with hiring a cleaner

SLF was and is a fool. He actually started a thread once praising Brad Scott for making Jack Ziebell wash the dishes, then letting Jack get away with hiring a cleaner

Didn't Scott go round his house and have an aneurysm about how messy it was - apparently not equating to professionalism somehow?

Didn't Scott go round his house and have an aneurysm about how messy it was - apparently not equating to professionalism somehow?

Yep. A "high performance culture" means taking care of things at work and at home...

It would be funny if it stopped there, but for Brad to let him hire a cleaner instead of doing it himself and say he was "satisfied with that", then for SLF to come and brag about it - we were poking fun for years. The Brad Scott Diaries thread was entirely based on this and got 3rd in TOTY. It was a bigger meme than the Etihad roof being open

Yep. A "high performance culture" means taking care of things at work and at home...

It would be funny if it stopped there, but for Brad to let him hire a cleaner instead of doing it himself and say he was "satisfied with that", then for SLF to come and brag about it - we were poking fun for years. The Brad Scott Diaries thread was entirely based on this and got 3rd in TOTY. It was a bigger meme than the Etihad roof being open

The Brad Scott Diaries were popular because of the retorts at your entries though, it was those that made the thread (was it by the guys with the Brisbane guy with the Ron Burgundy avatar?).

There are essentially two types of threads that get TOTY, one where the input of the poster drags the thread to greatness, Oogac, mofra or a well known poster who did the bear grylls thread , are examples of this.

The other is wherethe input of the bay makes the thread.

The monopoly thread was exceptional because it was the rare thread that had both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Brad Scott Diaries were popular because of the retorts at your entries though, it was those that made the thread (was it by the guys with the Brisbane guy with the Ron Burgundy avatar?).

Reardo. He only appeared about 400 posts in. He used the same format of diary entries against me which took it to another level

I never thought the Biffinator could be trumped but hats off to you.

I liked some of the gags I wrote but none them were as good as the Biffinator masterpiece about Arden Street being "Oil Drum Lane"

It is interesting to reflect on the relative fortunes of our respective teams since that magical period.

And look at how that turned out hey.

I liked some of the gags I wrote but none them were as good as the Biffinator masterpiece about Arden Street being "Oil Drum Lane"

It is interesting to reflect on the relative fortunes of our respective teams since that magical period.
Is that the name of the thread?

Cheers bro. Some of the Hawthorn folks like Chewy (whatever he posts under now) and Frankston Rover also played a great part.

And gogriff, you will die never seeing those flogs win.

You will however, live to see Shauny Higgins win a flag at a real club.

Is that the name of the thread?

Its not far off, search that and you'll find it.

In which Scully, Trengove and Watts will streak ahead of "plodders" like Ziebell, Cunnington, Bastinac etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back