VFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Box Hill at Victoria Park (Pies WON 62-60, replay links post 875, page 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Ben Reid performed well across half back before sitting out the final quarter.

Development Manager Craig McRae told the Herald Sun that it was a decision made to help manage Reid's work load as he returns from injury.

"He has had a history of soft tissue injuries in the past couple of seasons and we wanted to play (it) safe," he said."

A conservative approach approach by the club......Fantastic......but frustrating for the fans.

A conservative approach approach by the club......Fantastic......but frustrating for the fans.
More frustrating for Ben, he's been conservative all year and every time he gets to the final hurdle there's a twinge

but we don't win that game without Gault being competitive in the ruck.
Greenhough was far better than Gault in the ruck. I can't remember Gault getting too many taps. But I know what you're getting at. Gault has the athleticism to become like an extra midfielder when he's in the ruck. Today he showed he is comfortable further up the ground.

Looking at Stats and Watching the game can be 2 entirley different things

Moore had a pretty average game. Took two nice marks and converted them, but three kicks only is a bad game no matter how much you love him TradeDraft. That is the second week in a row that he has been ineffectual in the forwardline. I hope we persist, but I wouldn't say it has been a resounding success so far.

Greenhough was far better than Gault in the ruck. I can't remember Gault getting too many taps. But I know what you're getting at. Gault has the athleticism to become like an extra midfielder when he's in the ruck. Today he showed he is comfortable further up the ground.

Yeah for mine Gault did nothing in the ruck that impacted the contest, however his work around the ground at times was first rate and he made use of his mobility well.

On the back of that performance I wouldn't complain if we brought him back into the senior line up to support Cloke and White. Ideally he'd back it up next week at this level, however with Frawley out Schoenmakers or Spangher might get a call up and Gibson is forced to play more accountably.

Moore had a pretty average game. Took two nice marks and converted them, but three kicks only is a bad game no matter how much you love him TradeDraft. That is the second week in a row that he has been ineffectual in the forwardline. I hope we persist, but I wouldn't say it has been a resounding success so far.

That's real rough, IMO.

Our ball use forward of centre was atrocious! Moore aside I don't remember a Pies player taking a mark I50 (there was probably a couple). That Greenwood kick on the outer flank was a prime example Moore had 10 meters on his man deep yet wasn't used.

One thing I'd like to see is him lead up at the ball carrier more as the hit up target, but that will come with time spent up forward. Watching the way he flies at the ball and prowls around I50 it's clearly his natural position.

moore was inconsistent at under 18 level as well. hot and cold. needs to improve.

Saying Moore was ineffectual is just ridiculous bullshit honestly. He wasn't prolific by any stretch but he kicked 3 goals, 2 contested and gave away a contested assist too. Was desperately unlucky not to get at least one if not 2 more goals too.

I'm fine with anyone trying to talk his game down somewhat but saying ineffectual is just plain wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get sucked in believing the club about Reid! Will be at least a month before we see him in the seniors
Zero ice packs, walking freely, stretching on the boundary (which is the worst thing you could do with a soft tissue injury).

Don't really need to listen to the club to tell he's not injured. So why are you being a loudmouth and trying to get people worked up?

Moore did well with what was dished up to him.

Oozes talent and when he gets it together will be a star.

He would probably benefit in the seniors as he would have other players taking the better defenders. As he was shut down for periods when Spangher was up and about.

He may drift in and out of the game but is an option if we play both Witts and Grundy and drop White.

tumblr_mmrfpbW0Ey1sqqdgdo1_250.gif

What Kicking 3 means he was Usless????????:rolleyes:

He is a excitement Machine.

Did not get much as Delivery to the Forward Line was very poor that makes it hard for him

I get so confused sometimes when I read a thread for a match I can't watch then see the stats. Everyone talking about how good Moore was and that Gault was an absolute spud we did nothing. Yet I look at the stats and Gault in fact had 16 possessions 8 marks and 3 tackles.
There seems to be some real bias going on here. If a player is a whipping boy no matter what they do they are spuds but if it is a golden child one possession warrants senior selection.
Stats don't really tell the whole story though. Gault was playing further up the ground while Moore was playing deep forward, so he was bound to get more of the pill. Didn't use it particularly well though, and from memory didn't take a single mark inside 50 while playing at CHF either.

Moore on the other hand took two very impressive contested marks and then converted for two of his 3 goals, and was very impressive with his defensive pressure. Willed himself to the contest even when there was no chance of taking the mark, just to make sure there wasn't an easy defensive mark in our forward 50. He was involved in a lot without racking up big stats, and was the victim of some lousy forward 50 entries in a pretty scrappy game.

If you'd been able to watch the game you'd understand more why people are raving about him.

This will get shot down, but if he is "proper" injured again - should retire. Give us some cap space, he is costing us in more ways than one

I would rather see Tony Abbott retire.

Take Moore out of that game and we lose. Take Gault out of that game and the result is the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back