Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 22: Kieran Lovell

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy, and Hardwick, will make it. Just watched nab2 and their post game interview. Composed, excited, but not overawed at all. Can see these guys each getting at least half a dozen games this year. Hope they get a look in Nab 3!

And if Burton makes it too the 2015 draft is killer

Hope they do

That's a very good point. Whilst we aren't talking about KPP, if all 3 end up fulfilling their potential, the 2015 draft could come as close as any to rivalling 2004 for the Hawks! I really like what Lovell & Hardwick has shown already, albeit only a small sample size. However, Burton could be the one!

That's a very good point. Whilst we aren't talking about KPP, if all 3 end up fulfilling their potential, the 2015 draft could come as close as any to rivalling 2004 for the Hawks! I really like what Lovell & Hardwick has shown already, albeit only a small sample size. However, Burton could be the one!
Nah - we just rely on heaps of free agents don't we?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy, and Hardwick, will make it. Just watched nab2 and their post game interview. Composed, excited, but not overawed at all. Can see these guys each getting at least half a dozen games this year. Hope they get a look in Nab 3!

I just don't see it.

If they are getting half a dozen games each we either have a lot of injuries or they have gone past JOR, Howe, Sicily, Whitecross, Langford, Hartung...

Very promising but I think it will be 12 months time before they area ear-marked for that number of games.

Clarko said he sees 8 - 10 guys ready to get games from the fringe and I saw that as Hartung, Langers, Litherland, Brand, Sicily, O'Brien, Howe, JOR, Heatherley...

I put these two at the next level with Miles, Pittonet, Burton...

I just don't see it.

If they are getting half a dozen games each we either have a lot of injuries or they have gone past JOR, Howe, Sicily, Whitecross, Langford, Hartung...

Very promising but I think it will be 12 months time before they area ear-marked for that number of games.

Clarko said he sees 8 - 10 guys ready to get games from the fringe and I saw that as Hartung, Langers, Litherland, Brand, Sicily, O'Brien, Howe, JOR, Heatherley...

CLA , if Gus is a player ill do strange things to myself never thought possible .....o_O

I just don't see it.

We've got 4 vacancies at the moment.
4x22 = 88
Your 9, minus Litherland,
88/8 = 11 games each on average.

plus Lovell and Hardwick... and taking into account injuries and resting players....

Pretty confident Lovell and Hardwick will play 6 games each (excuse my very rough math!).

I just don't see it.

Of the players mentioned, I would have it as

Tier 1 (showed strong signs in the seniors): Hartung, Langford, Howe, Swiss pre-injury
Tier 2 (Needs more time in seniors to cement claim): Sicily, Brand, JOR, Heatherley, Swiss post-injury
Tier 3 (Still relatively unknown, but flashes of promise and brilliance- one to watch): Miles, Lovell, Hardwick
Tier 4 (serviceable to exceptional at VFL-level but doesn't translate to AFL yet): Litherland, Pittonet, TOB

I certainly used to. Not giving up hope he can fix up his disposal under pressure. Essentially Langers has the same issue although his role is very different so it's not as pressing
His first game was good but he doesn't seem to have grown as a player since then which is frustrating.
Every year I hope he's spent the off season working on his decision making and short kicking game, maybe he has but it doesn't look like it even at an intraclub match so I've given up on him being any more than he is.

CLA , if Gus is a player ill do strange things to myself never thought possible .....o_O
Halfway through last season I thought I was seeing his development and presence around the contest at box hill going quite well, but the same questions remain regarding his decision making with his disposals. Having only briefly seen him in 2 pre season games I'm surprised that so many here are ready to jump off him, although I have to agree he hasn't done himself any favours in those games. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I'm going with my natural assumption of backing our systems and that he has also put in a good preseason and will be a better player over this coming season.

Pretty confident Lovell and Hardwick will play 6 games each (excuse my very rough math!).

Pretty confident that Lovell, Hardwick and Burton will play 0 games between them in 2016.

As to whether they have successful careers well that one is up in the air. I will say that Litherland will play 6 games this season.

Halfway through last season I thought I was seeing his development and presence around the contest at box hill going quite well, but the same questions remain regarding his decision making with his disposals. Having only briefly seen him in 2 pre season games I'm surprised that so many here are ready to jump off him, although I have to agree he hasn't done himself any favours in those games. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I'm going with my natural assumption of backing our systems and that he has also put in a good preseason and will be a better player over this coming season.

Just so we are clear p2w, i'm not jumping off him - I always found his decision making and disposal so poor that I was never even close to the Liquorland Bandwagon ;)

Halfway through last season I thought I was seeing his development, and presence around the contest at box hill going quite well, but the same questions remain regarding his decision making with his disposals. Haa,evving only briefly seen him in 2 pre season games I'm surprised b v so many here are ready to jump off him, although I have to agree he hasn'tazuzfuyffvi done himself any favours in those games. Maybe I'm too GAoptimistic but A'm going with my natural assumption of backing our systems and that he has also put in a good preseason and will be a better player over this coming season.
Just so we are clear p2w, i'm not jumping off him - I always found his decision making and disposal so poor that I was never even close to the Liquorland Bandwagon ;)
Did you like his game against Sydney at the MCG in 2014? I thought he did a few good things that night. It's only one game but I left feeling pretty happy with him

He was signed the next week too

He was also dropped though:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back