List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, Wells is a slightly different kettle of fish but it's the whole direction I have an issue with.

We aren't Geelong or Hawthorn who've topped with the similar age players because they are/were just about to contend.
We aren't GWS whose 18 year old headless chooks needed guidance early on and are now about to contend.

We are the Club that has botched this ludicrous and unnecessary rebuild.
We are the Club that couldn't hold to our own experienced players we had.
We are the Club that is nowhere near a certainty to even make the finals in the next year or two unless we get another quality big forward.
We are the Club that should be fostering our own leaders and not expecting our youngsters to look up to the likes of Mayne..

All we're doing is simply paperwalling over the cracks to achieve a momentary boost in on field performance, off filed revenue that has suffered of late and to create an illusion of salvaging something from the total wreck the succession plan has been.
In the long run it will achieve big fat nothing.
Is that what the Dogs did bringing in Matt Suckling?

There is know such thing as a silly question though that does rank up there. Spec means scrotum. ;)

Best joke involving scrotums was when Billy Connolly said that God made them out of left over elbow skin.

thanks for the clarification Jmac. I owe you an apology for bringing up the 180 on the Cloke thing... you know I don't care.. just thought it was funny.

reminded me of this:

No apology needed mate.

If Mitch McCarthy is available late we need to pounce has A grade CHB written all over him imo. Shame about his foot injury. But whoever gets him are very lucky imo.

Very true, however a bit of selfishness is what the team needs in front of goal in my opinion, At the other end of the scale I am sick and tired or seeing 10 plus handballs once inside 50 to try and find a clear player only to turn it over. I actually think a lot of our forwards need to pull the trigger a lot earlier.
Rather kick 10 goals 20 than say 6 10
Spot on! The best forwards are always selfish. I don't remember Plugger giving too many joe the gooses. If you are a certain type of player.. playing a bit selfish is actually in the teams interest.. see Kevin Bartlett. Boomer sits in this category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 saying Jong left out of GF side because of his move to Collingwood.
I think that's quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard a journo say.

David Schwarz said it this morning, and it's just utterly stupid. He got injured, missed two weeks and therefore missed his chance. The Dogs were never going to make any changes this week, especially to bring in someone off a 6 day break from the VFL grand final.

Astoundingly dumb comments.

Channel 7 saying Jong left out of GF side because of his move to Collingwood.

I think they are speculating that he MAY have been overlooked due to the mid season visit to
Collingwood's facilities. Not because he is definitely on his way to us.

Either way BS call. Can't fit them all in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

David Schwarz said it this morning, and it's just utterly stupid. He got injured, missed two weeks and therefore missed his chance. The Dogs were never going to make any changes this week, especially to bring in someone off a 6 day break from the VFL grand final.

I for one hope whiskeytown is right

Channel 7 also said that we aren't taking Harvey. We talked to him about an assistant role. I call BS.

Yeah that's Tom Browne on 7. He and Scoop McLure going with the Boomer to Pies as off the mark.

Barrett saying a playing deal has been put to him.

Who knows!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did you actually make out what he Said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back