Traded Brad Hill [traded to Fremantle for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo's starting 18 looking pretty good assuming they land Kersten (and possibly Hamling)

Top 6 midfield in the comp if all fit?

Backline their biggest weakness? Unless Johnson plays a full season

Collins looks good

Yeah a full season from Johnson would be massive..... however I wouldn't be holding my breath with his recent history.

Its turned out this is the best trade hawks have got for a player and brad wasn't even in there top 10 players i think it was fair a trade. But after seeing what the hawks did with our pick anyways you just feel we could of got him for 35 instead of 24

Its turned out this is the best trade hawks have got for a player and brad wasn't even in there top 10 players i think it was fair a trade. But after seeing what the hawks did with our pick anyways you just feel we could of got him for 35 instead of 24

I doubt it. It's the salaries and the ages of Mitchell and Lewis that reduced their value.

BHill is much much younger and on significantly less cash.

I doubt it. It's the salaries and the ages of Mitchell and Lewis that reduced their value.

BHill is much much younger and on significantly less cash.
Its what they done with the pick that bothers me saints would of taken the 35 it was still a sensational deal in there favour

Its what they done with the pick that bothers me saints would of taken the 35 it was still a sensational deal in there favour
That deal was done with bigger fish in mind and that deal would not have happened until Brad Hill's trade was done. Thus not really comparable to the Brad Hill scenario.

Pick 23 is probably close to his market value, I don't think it's his value to Freo but sometimes you just need to get the trade done.

Hawks should be happy to get pick 23 for someone whose last two B&F results have been 15th and 19th

Bump. Dockers B&F obviously a much easier competition to win ;).

Freo won this trade. Nevertheless good to see Bradley getting recognised, particularly for his unrewarded running that the casual fans don't see or acknowledge. He's probably in a good space at home amongst friends (who some said might encourage him to stray), and this shows in his footy.

Has been a gun. Thought he was a gun at Hawthorn. Better than his much more hyped brother fwiw.

Good outcome for all parties so far.

Bump. Dockers B&F obviously a much easier competition to win ;).

Freo won this trade. Nevertheless good to see Bradley getting recognised, particularly for his unrewarded running that the casual fans don't see or acknowledge. He's probably in a good space at home amongst friends (who some said might encourage him to stray), and this shows in his footy.
Epic re-quote.

But there are/have been Brad Hill naysayers everywhere including at Hawthorn.

I personally think of him as a vital piece of the threepeat puzzle and I'm happy for him. Still much moved at Hawthorn

And Matthew Lloyd can get f**ked

Epic re-quote.

But there are/have been Brad Hill naysayers everywhere including at Hawthorn.

I personally think of him as a vital piece of the threepeat puzzle and I'm happy for him. Still much moved at Hawthorn

And Matthew Lloyd can get f**ked
Let me make a list of the times Matthew Lloyd was right about something:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the most talented player, but one of the most hard-working players you'll see on a football field. Last year at hawthorn looked fustraited, unsure of his role

Reckon he would just about be first picked by Lyon would love him with his attitude and running

Actually putting the FA compo to one side, this is a trade that should serve as a good example of a club actually having close to market value for a player in trade currency. He wasn't worth pick 3 (or 7) but high teens/low twenties is about right which is where Freo's second round pick (from FA but same same) was.

Hill was always going to Freo, but if he picked us for some reason we had picks 13 and 37 which would've just seen a whole lot of 'well he's worth pick 20 give us pick 20' and more dicking around. Would've been a similar story if he'd left at the end of 2015 when Freo were a finalist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back