Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

CvLSjt6UEAAMLi2.jpg:large

More info to come?

Should play as a 3rd forward and i think youve got a great deal.
We thought he was unlucky with the amount of tall forwards we had and he just misses out in our forward line.
Now you have AT and WHE both should be 10 year players.
Good luck and enjoy their football talents.

2017 Second round pick would probably be wasted on some other injury prone 18 year old. At least this injury prone player has a few games under his belt.

Will HOSKIN-ELLIOTT

2016 NEAFL
10 games
Averages

• 15.3 kicks
  • 5.1 handballs
  • 20.4 disposals
  • 6.2 marks
  • 2.8 tackles
  • 0.3 frees for
  • 0.4 frees against
  • 0.3 hitouts
  • 2.4 clearances
  • 5.0 inside 50s
  • 2.2 rebound 50s
  • 91.20 DT points

Totals
  • 9 goals
  • 5 behinds
2015 NEAFL
6 games
Averages

• 16.2 kicks
  • 5.8 handballs
  • 22.0 disposals
  • 6.3 marks
  • 3.2 tackles
  • 1.0 frees for
  • 0.5 frees against
  • 0.0 hitouts
  • 2.3 clearances
  • 5.0 inside 50s
  • 1.5 rebound 50s
  • 105.50 DT points

Totals

• 13 goals
  • 7 behinds
pretty dismal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His stats aren't very appetising.

I agree. He looks to hardly get the Ball but Hopefully at Collingwood we can Fix That. We Fixed Aish who had same Problem early in the Season

he's been injured. And I reckon we were likely competing with another club (north?), hence the high price. Plus we likely refused to trade this year's draft picks (need the points), so that may also have forced us to accept a worse deal.

WHE has more talent than a lot of the other players moving clubs, tho, and that in the end is why we paid more. Could be an absolute gun recruit, if he stays fit. If we had picked him up in draft as an 18 YO for a second-rounder I'd be absolutely stoked tbh; don't get the angst here at all.

It's never been about quantity with WHE. The guy is a freak, super quick, great hands, very good around goals.
Backing him in to be very damaging for us. If he and Jamie can get fit together in our forward line we're finally threatening.

Now if we can just get one single backline player for our list of 40 that would be great.....

It's never been about quantity with WHE. The guy is a freak, super quick, great hands, very good around goals.
Backing him in to be very damaging for us. If he and Jamie can get fit together in our forward line we're finally threatening.

Now if we can just get one single backline player for our list of 40 that would be great.....
well that's encouraging - never seen him myself.

They picked Rhys Palmer ahead of him for the finals when Stevie J got the arse. No wonder he left. Hope he has a long and successful career with us. Go Pies and Welcome Will!

Wouldn't worry about those NEAFL stats. Sounds like he's been mentally 'over it' at GWS for a while, so definitely wouldn't be giving it his all in the reserves (which I concede, doesn't say a lot about him as a professional) but he's ours now, so hopefully he can turn things around.

Welcome, Will!

Rate him highly having watched him closely since GWS initial season.

Compared to other GWS trades though we've paid a huge premium which suprises me, but doesn't shock me wth our recent trade/draft history.

Have seen a bit of him while living in Canberra.

Beautiful hands. Takes a really nice clean overhead mark.

Has game-changing skills. Hopefully a good preseason and a change of environment are the boost he needs to live up to his abilities, because it's a pretty high ceiling he's got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back