Prediction The Future of Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

He's needed more now given Mayne's elite pressure has moved to Collingwood. And 9 games to go until his 150th. If Clarke, Mzungu, Clancee Pearce got their chance at 100 games then Hayden at least gets the chance.

M
If the club wants to develop the next generation, then in choosing between two players who are both performing well and deserve a spot, they have to choose the younger one. It's not scapegoating - Barlow, De boer, Ballas aren't being blamed for last season freo_leo29. It's just a recognition that we need to turn the list over and develop both a best 22 and depth from our kids

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
y point still stands, the wording may not be quite right but the rest of the post still makes sense.

Players may feel they are being scapegoated anyway but again even without the word scapegoat he has to look out for his future etc

He's needed more now given Mayne's elite pressure has moved to Collingwood. And 9 games to go until his 150th. If Clarke, Mzungu, Clancee Pearce got their chance at 100 games then Hayden at least gets the chance.
I'm hoping that with a forward line including Bennell, Walters, Yarran, and McCarthy, and with Fyfe, Neale, Weller and the Hills delivering the ball or running through there themselves, we finally might be able to focus on actually kicking goals, rather than just worrying about locking it in once we miss for goal or from a bomb in to the F50 #anewparadigm

I'm hoping that with a forward line including Bennell, Walters, Yarran, and McCarthy, and with Fyfe, Neale, Weller and the Hills delivering the ball or running through there themselves, we finally might be able to focus on actually kicking goals, rather than just worrying about locking it in once we miss for goal or from a bomb in to the F50 #anewparadigm
Wouldn't be upset if we added ainsworth to that mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Mitchell got in the way of us trading Ballantine? I have one more reason to dislike Sam now.
Haha I dislike purely on the fact that he didn't play out his career was a loyal Hawthorn champion. Instead he up and leaves after winning his 5th best and fairest for 1 or 2 years before he start coaching. What?

At least with Ballas he can put this behind him, and focus on his footy. He's a purple through and through and it was his own manager putting him through the crap that was reported in the media.

Ballas didn't want to go anywhere TBH he just wanted another year added to his contract . So he did the only thing he could TEST THE WATER .
So many posters on here are just so dumb to believe rumors that he would say anything about players on our list that would harm him or anyone he played with Give me a FU##ing break .The guys a professional in every sense of the word and he bleeds purple.

Isn't it nice of Craig Vozzo to continue commenting on Ballantyne who is contracted to us, ****in pot stirrer.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-24...lantyne-becoming-second-shock-eagle.mobileapp

Blame the *******s (6pr) that keep asking him about Ballantyne

So they wanted him but couldn't get him. Sucked in.

Bullet dodged. Good news

It's a polite way of saying they completely stuffed it by signing Mitchell, the money allocated to Ballas has suddenly disappeared.

It's a polite way of saying they didn't want him

So Mitchell got in the way of us trading Ballantine? I have one more reason to dislike Sam now.

Yeah we didn't have pick 88 left to trade anymore

I think Ballas still has a place in the 22.

Yarran plays more like a lead up forward, although he is creative when the ball hits the deck. Walters is a gun, but a lot of his value comes from his ability to rotate through the midfield. Langdon is still unproven. Again prefer him running up and down the wings as a link player, running forward for the odd over the top goal.

On exposed form, Ballas is still our best crumber, so he gets first dibs. With a new forward line structure we will need someone to mop up and provide pressure, especially in the absence of Mayne. I still think we will prioritise the youth, but nobody is currently demanding the role and we have lost a lot of experience (Pavlich, Mayne, heck even Barlow was played as HF).

The whole scenario was handled abysmally, but he's one of ours. I'll back him in next year.

I think Ballas still has a place in the 22.

Yarran plays more like a lead up forward, although he is creative when the ball hits the deck. Walters is a gun, but a lot of his value comes from his ability to rotate through the midfield. Langdon is still unproven. Again prefer him running up and down the wings as a link player, running forward for the odd over the top goal.

On exposed form, Ballas is still our best crumber, so he gets first dibs. With a new forward line structure we will need someone to mop up and provide pressure, especially in the absence of Mayne. I still think we will prioritise the youth, but nobody is currently demanding the role and we have lost a lot of experience (Pavlich, Mayne, heck even Barlow was played as HF).

The whole scenario was handled abysmally, but he's one of ours. I'll back him in next year.
Can see the big Ape dishing out some pain and Ballas bringing some niggle at his feet :rolleyes: That's a combo capable of unsettling a few backlines.

Add in the class of Walters & Bennell and some fast leads from Yaz/Sunshine/Kersten. Hell, maybe Tabs continues to improve his contested marking with another preseason under Hale and we should have multiple options for multiple goal scorers.

Out of form? Go back to peel and earn a recall!

Then why didn't they say that in August when his manager approached you
Who says we didn't

Vozzo has said we never spoke to Ballantyne which was confirmed by Young and both clubs have said they never contacted each other over Ballantyne

I have no idea why young did what he did but whatever it was didn't work and it wasn't west coast pushing it

As it turns out Ballantyne will likely finish his career as a docker as he should. All jokes aside it would have looked weird him playing for west coast and his standing as a heart and soul docker doesn't get diminished. It's a good result and I believe he be better in 2017 than his more recent form

Ballas didn't want to go anywhere TBH he just wanted another year added to his contract . So he did the only thing he could TEST THE WATER .
So many posters on here are just so dumb to believe rumors that he would say anything about players on our list that would harm him or anyone he played with Give me a FU##ing break .The guys a professional in every sense of the word and he bleeds purple.
Well to be honest most of that crap was being reported only by the Media. They have very little integrity and most of them would sell a story on their Grandmother if they thought it would gain some momentum!!

As it turns out Ballantyne will likely finish his career as a docker as he should. All jokes aside it would have looked weird him playing for west coast and his standing as a heart and soul docker doesn't get diminished. It's a good result and I believe he be better in 2017 than his more recent form

And yet far less weird than Mitchell turning out for WC as a 3 time premiership winner and 5 time B&F winner of Hawthorn. How much do you think his standing has been diminished?

So they wanted him but couldn't get him. Sucked in.
Us saying he doesn't fit into tpp is a polite way of saying we don't want him. We would have made it work if we wanted him. Now you guys are stuck with a nob who doesn't really want to be there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back