Surely the Bulldogs win is the greatest ever triumph in AFL/VFL history

Remove this Banner Ad

A Dogs supporter saying the only opinions he's interested in hearing is from supporters of Hawthorn, the overwhelmingly dominant club of recent years, and everyone else can get stuffed - that's not arrogant, but "reasonable"?

Yeah, OK then.
No,I just can appreciate Hawthorn in this instance,not because of their success but how I believe they can relate to the sad behaviour of those that don't win. The dogs put together a terrific finals series but the losers want to sell it short by talking about things like the bye while forgetting the dogs had the shortest bye or that they had injured players return for the bye while forgetting they had to get that far without the injured players and some carrying on like the players were never on the list and the clubs brought in some ringins or something. Some are even upset Murphy was given Bevs medal like the medal is theirs and they get to choose what happens to it. Here's a news flash,it was Bevs medal and he can do with it whatever he wishes. I guess 'reasonable' can relate to what is the norm and it's becoming very normal for people to sook it up if someone else wins. This phenomenon hasn't been around for ever,it's a product of the new generation which I think Hawthorn fans unfortunately know a bit more about than anyone else. You sound like you think the losers can carry on anyway they wish but there are rules the winners must accept this in order to not be seen as arrogant. The logic of so many is to topsy turvy and its this way because it's wrong.

Breathtaking arrogance. Almost like you're claiming to be a successful club, winning a flag every 50 years or so.
Nice way to completely miss the point. I never said the dogs were the most successful club I said it seems like losers are big sooks these days. Maybe not being a supporter of an overly successful club has given me a look at how the losers carry on from a different angle this year with a different perspective. Since when did being such a sook become the norm and an appropriate way to carry on.

No,I just can appreciate Hawthorn in this instance,not because of their success but how I believe they can relate to the sad behaviour of those that don't win. The dogs put together a terrific finals series but the losers want to sell it short by talking about things like the bye while forgetting the dogs had the shortest bye or that they had injured players return for the bye while forgetting they had to get that far without the injured players and some carrying on like the players were never on the list and the clubs brought in some ringins or something. Some are even upset Murphy was given Bevs medal like the medal is theirs and they get to choose what happens to it. Here's a news flash,it was Bevs medal and he can do with it whatever he wishes. I guess 'reasonable' can relate to what is the norm and it's becoming very normal for people to sook it up if someone else wins. This phenomenon hasn't been around for ever,it's a product of the new generation which I think Hawthorn fans unfortunately know a bit more about than anyone else. You sound like you think the losers can carry on anyway they wish but there are rules the winners must accept this in order to not be seen as arrogant. The logic of so many is to topsy turvy and its this way because it's wrong.
Not at all.
The arrogance, as has previously pointed out, was the absurd claim that you only needed to listen to views from Hawthorn and nobody else matters after winning one flag in 50 years. Doesn't really matter if history is a guide, you'll be back in your box for the next 50 years.

Not at all.
The arrogance, as has previously pointed out, was the absurd claim that you only needed to listen to views from Hawthorn and nobody else matters after winning one flag in 50 years. Doesn't really matter if history is a guide, you'll be back in your box for the next 50 years.
Well I'd much rather be back in a box than be some of the bitter,sad and pathetic people who think sooking about not winning is of some type of merit.
But yes,I do think Hawthorn supporters have the greatest understanding of these sorry and sad people and no I couldn't care less what the sooks think and have no intention on being one myself if we don't win a flag for another 50 years.

Not at all.

Hi Adam H you campaigner

Very nuanced post that still basically just says that because (in your opinion), losers these days are sookey, (a perception which does seem to exercise you rather more than is healthy - just my opinion) you're only going to hang with the winners now, e.g. Hawthorn.

That of course is your right. My opinion is that there are winners, and there are multiple winners.

Hawthorn are the latter but I'm not sure you really ought to be mentioning yourself in the same breath just yet.

You may well win three in a row and good on you if you do.

But history says anything can happen in just twelve months and there's no guarantee anyone will make the finals.

I'd like to say I played a part in this flag when I put $5 into a tin on a tram in 1989.
In some ways I think this is why our win resonated with so many neutrals. They had lived through our troubles and remembered how close we had come to the edge.... And its part of why it meant so much to our fans......

Not at all.

Even if you won 5 in a row it wouldn't rate with opposition fans as much as a single Doggies flag has with those same fans.

When did you start feeling you speak for everyone?

The moment I lived in the state of Victoria all my life surrounded by fans of all clubs.

You get a general feeling of how people feel when you're constantly surrounded by them.

Doggies are quite well liked by opposition clubs fans. The total opposite of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The moment I lived in the state of Victoria all my life surrounded by fans of all clubs.

You get a general feeling of how people feel when you're constantly surrounded by them.

Doggies are quite well liked by opposition clubs fans. The total opposite of you.
I continue to beleive your speaking for yourself, and you should be able to figure that out.

Im sure, just like any other clubs fans, if we are good and lucky enough to get a flag we wont give two fifths of * all about what oppo fans feel.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think my views are reiterated by a great many on BF, thus I speak more for the majority than anything you type does.
Arrogance at its peak

So they dont like the bloke.
That, and they were more concerned about getting in his face like the idiots they are, rather than focusing on the game.

Jeremy Cameron in particular really is an embarrassment. Prelim final, big game, on a million a year (IE-same as Boyd) and all he could manage were 5 disposals against our backup defender Fletcher Roberts, but he was more than happy to talk s**t all game like the moron he is. Give me Tom Boyd every day of the week.

How's the audacity of the 5 out of 100 Giants fans that exist pulling out the 'arrogance' card? Not only is there side one of the most arrogant sides in the comp who harbour w***ers like Shaw, Patton, Greene, Lobb and coach Cameron but their inaugural coach was Sheedy was one of the most arrogant figures in the game.
FYI - If you want to release a meme/article with this title http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-10-21/lost-dogs-home then you better well had beat us to a premiership. :D
Maybe us Dogs fans are a little arrogant though...:rolleyes: I know for sure I've given back 19 years of s**t to Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon fans and anyone else who bagged out the dogs during the finals in the last 7 or so weeks.
Giants fans please go back to your hole, it was good you saw some real supporters at the preliminary final, hopefully you learnt something about footy ;)

So they dont like the bloke.

By the sounds of it he wasnt too popular down south either till he played his 1 great game so far.

Sounds of what? What is 'it'? Damien Barrett?

Your players acted like a pack of tools in the prelim, tried to rough us up and take our eyes off the ball. Ended up doing that themselves.

Look at what happened to Cameron. Talking s**t to Boyd, getting physical and in the face of our players, and then dished up one of the absolute shittest performances you could find. Regardless of his feelings about Boyd, Cameron's pathetic attitude and that of others cost you the game. He was more interested in rubbing Boyds face in the victory he assumed you'd have than playing football.

Without Boyd we wouldn't have beaten you. We wouldn't have beaten Sydney. He played well throughout the finals series. Big game player, with a great attitude, unlike your pack of chokers.

I'm still slightly interested in what Hawthorn supporters think because they can relate even better in regards to the modern day phenomenon of sore losing and whining that some other club was obviously better. All the other people though can eat what you suggest. People will come up with any story to be sad these days,the bye for goodness sake?Every club had it and the dogs had the shortest break.
None of us are quite ready for those types of revelations yet. We're still getting used to the notion of not being premiers...

F### me, GF day was boring without a vested interest and not enough beer to compensate and no idea how I was supposed to act. Is that what the rest of you guys have to put up with every year when we're in it...? I felt like a Liberal politician handed a shovel at a construction site opening...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back