Surely the Bulldogs win is the greatest ever triumph in AFL/VFL history

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna happen. We're happy to be your worst nightmare. You'll return to lurking in shadows soon enough. Not like you support a successful club after all.
That has to be one of the more moronic responses I've heard. Worst Nightmare? The only time I've dreamt about your shitkicker mob was reliving that time we beat you in the prelim, talk about your worst nightmare. You've only beaten us twice in your history? You choked in your biggest game in history against us at YOUR HOME, you got outnumbered by away supporters ffs, and you're trying to claim the current premiers are not a successful club.
Even any success your club has is worthless and tainted... it'll all been contrived from draft and salary concessions the AFL gave you in your first 5 seasons that you've used to poach other teams' players and off-load players for more draft picks.
I do have to thank you shitkickers though... if you didn't poach soft nuts Griffen, we'd likely never had ended up recruiting who many believe was best on ground in the grand final Tom Boyd and wouldn't have signed Luke Beveridge as coach - without question the best coach over the last two seasons. Talk about nightmares and your past coming to bite you on your arse... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You haven't given much to this thread either.

Keep telling everyone how the reigning premiers aren't succesful though.

It's amusing.
You didn't sound very amused a few minutes ago? This thread is on the main board, height of arrogance to suggest who can or should post in it, obviously

Still waiting for a response as to whether you believe you're a successful club? On second thoughts talk amongst yourselves.

You're now calling them thoughts??

Lol.

So they dont like the bloke.

By the sounds of it he wasnt too popular down south either till he played his 1 great game so far.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
On the evidence of everything we've seen during and since the prelim, it's looking like the attitude problem might be on the Giants' end, despite their pitiful efforts to slander Tom.

Im sure, just like any other clubs fans, if we are good and lucky enough to get a flag we wont give two fifths of **** all about what oppo fans feel.

Yeah, you don't even comprehend the awesomeness of the football fans experience.

Clubs with rivalries, clubs with history, they love to feed off what the opposition fans bring their way.

But by all means you keep on thinking your circle jerk mentality is what most fans are into.

I think my views are reiterated by a great many on BF, thus I speak more for the majority than anything you type does.
When did you start feeling you speak for everyone?
Bostonian has some pretty unsupportable stereotypical views on the fundamental characteristics of his opposites in the political sphere so I would take any claim of his to speak for the majority in any situation with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited:
Ahh so the year and a half before is forgotten due to 2 games? Oook

Well, that's assuming there's anything to forget.

I don't know if I buy the word of Dave Matthews, Jonathon Patton and various jilted forum posters as evidence of poor character.

One every 50 years isn't a real good outcome
Just keep the history references out of discussiins until your club has a history Wampeter... Not having a go, im impartial in the dogs v giants discussion, but it just looks silly bagging out a club who has been around for a century, and is reigning premiers, when the giants have only just won their first final.

Just keep the history references out of discussiins until your club has a history Wampeter... Not having a go, im impartial in the dogs v giants discussion, but it just looks silly bagging out a club who has been around for a century, and is reigning premiers, when the giants have only just won their first final.

We have had 5 years so far. Very exciting at all times.

That one finals win has caused much angst in the heartlands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fitzroy won the spoon in 1916 with a record of 2 wins 1 draw and 9 losses, went onto win the premiership knocking off 1st place Carlton twice in the process, once in the prelim and then backed it up in the Grand Final
Yes but the umpires gave them those wins and you should have seen how many throws they got away with !!!

Bostonian has some pretty unsupportable stereotypical views on the fundamental characteristics of his opposites in the political sphere so I would take any claim of his to speak for the majority in any situation with a huge grain of salt.

I have no opposites in the political sphere. Stop making things up.

I laugh and scoff at attacks on Giants before they have won anything. Pre-emptive strikes to devalue the flag when it comes. More incentive to win one, and to celebrate wildly when they do. It'll be a delicious middle finger presented to the whiners.

I laugh and scoff at attacks on Giants before they have won anything. Pre-emptive strikes to devalue the flag when it comes. More incentive to win one, and to celebrate wildly when they do. It'll be a delicious middle finger presented to the whiners.
If we are lucky enough to win itll be great.

Like we Bulldogs fans are doing now

If it comes. Very good chance it will, but I don't subscribe to this theory that they are a sure thing to win multiple flags.

If it comes. Very good chance it will, but I don't subscribe to this theory that they are a sure thing to win multiple flags.
All true. But if it does, wow, those whiners saying they aren't a real club will get slapped around one hopes.

Not quite a fair comparison. Loads of neutrals like me got behind the Dogs Premiership charge. Giants, not and won't be such.

Not true at all. It depends who GWS are playing. In most cases, they actually get more neutral support

Any of the below list will result in majority neutral support for them:
Collingwood
Essendon
Sydney
West Coast
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Geelong

They'd still get close to or over half if you played the below:
Richmond
Carlton
Port
Dogs (after this year)
North

There would be very little interest vs. the following so neutral support wouldnt matter or would be random.
GCS
Brisbane

They'd get none vs. the following:
St Kilda
Melbourne
Fremantle

Edit: I assumed for some reason that you support GWS, I've edited it to change the point accordingly.

Last edited:
Not true at all. It depends who you are playing. In most cases, you actually get more neutral support

Any of the below list will result in majority neutral support for you:
Collingwood
Essendon
Sydney
West Coast
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Geelong

You'd still get close to or over half if you played the below:
Richmond
Carlton
Port
Dogs (after this year)
North

There would be very little interest vs. the following so neutral support wouldnt matter or would be random.
GCS
Brisbane

Youd get none vs. the following:
St Kilda
Melbourne
Fremantle
Who's you? Soytainly not my beloved Tigers?
You'll be proven wrong when / if Giants make the GF. Their neutral support won't be anything like the Doggies. Dogs had virtually no haters (sans jealous Saints fans called Plugger). Giants already are building a solid base of haters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back