Changes for 4th test v India

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember in 2004 that curator that did for the 3rd Test. He didn't last very long.
For what it is worth, I can't see any chance of a deck being prepared that even gives the pacemen a sniff.
2004 was exceptional circumstances. There was some political stoush between the state association and the BCCI so they served up a pitch favouring Australia as sort of a deliberate '**** you'.

I remember reading about Ganguly rocking up and being shocked at the amount of grass on the pitch; the English umpires said it reminded them of home.

It was probably covered in the match day thread, but what's the reason behind the difference in time off the field for an external injury? Doesn't really make sense to me.

I always assumed an external injury could be seen and therefore definitely legit, other injury being unseen could be easily faked. But I'm sure there is a better reason than that!

No way India will prepare a deck that has any pace in it. They've seen what Cummings can do and they won't fancy facing him on anything that offers pace and/or bounce. So, I doubt if we would even think about a third pace man.

The hype over the deck seems to be mostly driven by our media anyway and those were the same blokes who were trolling over the 3rd test pitch telling us it would be a 2 day game.

I always assumed an external injury could be seen and therefore definitely legit, other injury being unseen could be easily faked. But I'm sure there is a better reason than that!

The reason I'm guessing is that an external injury is something that you can't condition or prepare for. An internal one is usually one that has been or at least could have been taken into a match, thus it is perceived as being the player's own responsibility to avoid it.

The hype over the deck seems to be mostly driven by our media anyway and those were the same blokes who were trolling over the 3rd test pitch telling us it would be a 2 day game.

No it's not, its based off the T20's and ODI's and Ranchi shield played there.

The altitude and climate is completely different to anywhere else on the Indian schedule.

Ranchi shield games often get snowed in at this ground, there's a lot of moisture compared to down south and the average temp for the players in the t20's there at night is about 7 degrees.

For instance, today is Sunny and 21 with 40% humidity. It's climate is probably similar to Tasmania's.

Two different things though aren't they?

I don't know much about the place and the atmospheric conditions you describe might mean the ball does a bit more in the air but how does that equate to the curator producing a pitch with plenty of pace and bounce?

The reason I'm guessing is that an external injury is something that you can't condition or prepare for. An internal one is usually one that has been or at least could have been taken into a match, thus it is perceived as being the player's own responsibility to avoid it.
It feels rather arbitrary though. Yes, conditioning will help, but sometimes muscles just tear/strain. Doesn't really seem much different to me.

Yeah, these "doctored pitches" are sure bringing out one-sided displays of hometown heroics, eh? ;)

To be honest, after the criticism of the pitch for the third test (even from our captain), it played like a pretty prefect test wicket to me. Produced an even battle between bat and ball and a compelling match of cricket!

It feels rather arbitrary though. Yes, conditioning will help, but sometimes muscles just tear/strain. Doesn't really seem much different to me.

They do, but often a player - marsh regularly for example - comes into a game under a cloud and then exacerbates his problem. I guess this was how they thought they could make sure that they wouldn't have that problem. In addition to avoiding players simply knocking up and claiming they had an internal issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They do, but often a player - marsh regularly for example - comes into a game under a cloud and then exacerbates his problem. I guess this was how they thought they could make sure that they wouldn't have that problem. In addition to avoiding players simply knocking up and claiming they had an internal issue.
Totally get that and agree with it, but just think it should be for all injuries.

Yeah, these "doctored pitches" are sure bringing out one-sided displays of hometown heroics, eh? ;)

To be honest, after the criticism of the pitch for the third test (even from our captain), it played like a pretty prefect test wicket to me. Produced an even battle between bat and ball and a compelling match of cricket!

I haven't seen an issue with any of the decks, i just think people need to understand we aren't going to get much pace in the track for this one no matter it's domestic history or what it might be like for international limited overs games.

Will be a huge blow to Australia if Virat doesn't play.
Yeah. We can't have them bringing in a batsman that may get 10 runs (or even 11 !!!), or who knows how to review, or can field, and not be able to just drink tea (served to him on a platter) and relax upstairs for 3 days..............

Yeah. We can't have them bringing in a batsman that may get 10 runs (or even 11 !!!), or who knows how to review, or can field, and not be able to just drink tea (served to him on a platter) and relax upstairs for 3 days..............
Kohli's going to come good sometime, better he does it against someone else.

Also, saw footage of the team training and Cummins was charging in at full pace. He'll definitely play.
Cant wait till next summer.

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Pattinson terrorising the poms.
Plus all can bat (except that Haze doesn't know how to ground his bat when running...)

Lets do what BCCI do and give the soapy's 5 hard green tops to deal with.

Cant wait till next summer.

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Pattinson terrorising the poms.
Plus all can bat (except that Haze doesn't know how to ground his bat when running...)

Lets do what BCCI do and give the soapy's 5 hard green tops to deal with.

Yes because Australia handle green tops so well. Hell, even India has beaten Australia on one over here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back