Review Good/Bad v GWS, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you suggesting that we are better off without him?

Admittedly we did look very good with 3 tall forwards.

Mind you Tex isn't the one i'd drop if were to go that seeing he is our best forward.

If your correct on that which you could be, Walkers probable inclusion next week may see Menzel back in the 2's. Unfortunate for him because I thought he played a reasonable game without being fantastic. I think Knight has to play, his run and composure in front of
goal was awesome.... he really surprised me TBO.

Menzel got 3 JLT games, gives us a small forward which allows us to rotate Cameron into the midfield more and had a excellent game.

He is a lock.

The loser is between Hampton, Knight, Mackay and Lynch if we go with three talls (and form).

Menzel got 3 JLT games, gives us a small forward which allows us to rotate Cameron into the midfield more and had a excellent game.

He is a lock.

The loser is between Hampton, Knight, Mackay and Lynch if we go with three talls (and form).
Yeah Nah on Lynch. He's a lock.

Had a poor game but battled all day. Thought he did a lot that didn't convert to stats or bounce his way.

Which is 100% correct. There's not much point in comparing apples with oranges - if we want to imagine what could have happened with a full strength team, then we also have to factor in that the opposition weren't at full strength either.

Did you forget which account you were logged into when you decided to quote yourself and agree with your point?

Had a poor game but battled all day. Thought he did a lot that didn't convert to stats or bounce his way.
Yep, it seems the offseason has impacted on some people's memories.

Lynch has been one of our gun players for the last 2 years, so much so the opposition are trying to stop him. He is about 6 poor games away from being dropped, not a quiet preseason and an ok game away.

I hate to sound like Vader, but the majority of our best 22 are locks, it's only the bottom 3-4 where changes will come from and even that's hard after the weekend, but changes are coming if we are going to fit Tex, Lever and eventually Brad in. Otten, Kelly and whoever performs poorly from Hampton, Mackay and Menzel are eventually in trouble. Mackay needs to keep performing like he did and if he does hooray. Menzel played well, if he keeps that up and improves he isn't going anywhere, the pressure is on Hampton another couple of games like the weekend and he will be in trouble, if not sooner. The club loves Knight, he's not going anywhere after the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the loser if we do go three talls (however unlikely that is).

Tex won't be because he's the best.
McGovern won't because he oozes talent, and we want to keep him.
Jenkins won't because he is the 2nd ruck.

There is only one person left on that list if this is the route we take.

He's the loser if we do go three talls (however unlikely that is).

Tex won't be because he's the best.
McGovern won't because he oozes talent, and we want to keep him.
Jenkins won't because he is the 2nd ruck.

There is only one person left on that list if this is the route we take.
That's not the route we will take

Coniglio, Deledio, Hopper, Whitfield and Wilson. Fairly decent list.
Wilson was an emergency so for some strange reason he wasn't considered best 22, Delidio? looking more and more like father time has caught up with him body wise with persistent calf problems for several seasons now. Whilst Hopper and Whitfield are both excellent footballers someone has to come out for them to get in...who? Coniglio when right probably replaces Kennedy in that side?? Mzungu was the odd selection, he's not best 22 ever if I'm a selector. I really think we were more "undermanned" than GWS with Walker, Lever, Seedsman and even Cheney not available.

Hopper Whitfield and Wilson are marginal and Deledio hasn't played a game

The list begins and ends at coniglio
Whitfield is probably in that 19-24 range, same with Wilson. Hard to say on Hopper, depends on how he's progressed.

Lever, Tex, Brouch all in our top 15 players

Wilson was an emergency so for some strange reason he wasn't considered best 22, Delidio? looking more and more like father time has caught up with him body wise with persistent calf problems for several seasons now. Whilst Hopper and Whitfield are both excellent footballers someone has to come out for them to get in...who? Coniglio when right probably replaces Kennedy in that side?? Mzungu was the odd selection, he's not best 22 ever if I'm a selector. I really think we were more "undermanned" than GWS with Walker, Lever, Seedsman and even Cheney not available.
Looking at the preseason threads, apparently Wilson picked up a wrist knock in JLT1. Then missed the next 2 games.
So it's possible he was just underdone.
From their team on Sunday, you'd have
In: Coniglio, Deledio, Whitfield, Wilson (assuming he is just underdone)
Out: Buntine, Mzungu, MKennedy, AKenney
Hopper vs Taranto is the other lineball one.

We were also missing a fair bit, though. Tex, Crouch and Lever is significant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back