Review Good/Bad v GWS, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie has been nominated for this rounds for Mark of the Year. Surprised the Gov's goal didn't make it because that was some serious skill to do what he did.

I love re-watching that and listening to the crowd's collective disappointment when they thought he stuffed it, then hearing them slowly get excited as they realised it might go through.

Wondering if Tex's late omission might have actually helped with this. His injury allowed us to bring in another midfielder, increasing our ability to rotate players through the midfield. Maybe...
If your correct on that which you could be, Walkers probable inclusion next week may see Menzel back in the 2's. Unfortunate for him because I thought he played a reasonable game without being fantastic. I think Knight has to play, his run and composure in front of
goal was awesome.... he really surprised me TBO.

Nah that was deliberate. Bit of luck that it went in but it was his 100% intention.
I mean, I believe he intended to curve it through for a goal, I just think the ball took a different path to the one he planned.

I think it went more to the right initially than he was aiming for and that's why it only just had the legs to get over the line.

Same result though.

I mean, I believe he intended to curve it through for a goal, I just think the ball took a different path to the one he planned.

I think it went more to the right initially than he was aiming for and that's why it only just had the legs to get over the line.

Same result though.

No pictures on the score card :)

Since you mentioned him, definitely not in our top 5, probably not top 10, and contributed some incredibly ordinary turnovers by hand and foot - one in particular where he gave off a quick handpass to the nearest player who was already under pressure to avoid it himself, only for that player to be Sam Jacobs rather than a small actually capable of further quick disposal, was peak Matt Crouch.
Coaches votes:
ADELAIDE v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

10 Rory Laird (Adel)
6 Charlie Cameron (Adel)
4 Rory Atkins (Adel)
4 Richard Douglas (Adel)
3 Matt Crouch (Adel)
2 Eddie Betts (Adel)
1 Josh Jenkins (Adel)

Coaches votes:
ADELAIDE v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

10 Rory Laird (Adel)
6 Charlie Cameron (Adel)
4 Rory Atkins (Adel)
4 Richard Douglas (Adel)
3 Matt Crouch (Adel)
2 Eddie Betts (Adel)
1 Josh Jenkins (Adel)
So it probably went:

5: Laird/Laird
4: Atkins/Douglas
3: Cameron/Cameron
2: Crouch/Betts
1: Jenkins/Crouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly for Lever
Riley for Tex
Hampton for Crouch

Would have thought Crouch is doubtful to be right for an SANFL trial game. Would not drop Knight either, Mackay's ceiling is 22nd best, Knight was only marginally behind despite an interrupted preseason and 140 less games. We're trying to build a flag contender, not maximise our chances of finishing 6th.

Free kick. Don't do it.

I think it's a great rule, with an absolutely clear line of when it's on, and when it's not.

It means a defender should never get penalised for rushing inside of the 9m.

What if they're not deemed to be under enough pressure? It's auto outside the line, but I'm not sure it's a free pass inside it.

Hypocritical? It's a clear rule, with a line painted on the ground !!

Outside of the line you can't rush it through, it's your responsibility. I tell you what ... I hope our guys are practising kicking the ball to a spot 10 metres out. That is hell for a defender as he has to spoil back into play. I hope our defenders are practicing dealing with that too.

Just said by one of the coaches on 360 that you can still spoil a marking contest through the points from anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back