Injury Jamie Elliott leaves training on crutches

Remove this Banner Ad

So is this going to be the injury that niggles away at him all year keeping him out for 2 to 4 weeks at a time in between stints of one match here and there?

To provide an actual answer as well. I doubt it, but there is enough history with injury recovery time frame's to ask the question.

Freeman, 2014-15, Reid 2014-15, Oxley 2014, Ramma 2015 and Elliott himself early last year are examples of guys that were initially given short estimates on their recovery and ended up missing either a full season or most of.

Wish you would!

59710-Brent-Rambo-approves-CG13.gif

To provide an actual answer as well. I doubt it, but there is enough history with injury recovery time frame's to ask the question.

Freeman, 2014-15, Reid 2014-15, Oxley 2014, Ramma 2015 and Elliott himself early last year are examples of guys that were initially given short estimates on their recovery and ended up missing either a full season or most of.

How many of them had ankle injuries?

List should also include Langdon's ankle injury morphing into knee surgery during his recovery. Witt's 5 week split webbing, Beams' quad (lol).

List should also include Langdon's ankle injury morphing into knee surgery during his recovery. Witt's 5 week split webbing, Beams' quad (lol).

Thought about all three and decided against Beams for the obvious reason that his quad was the biggest myth in footy. Witts' webbing was a disaster, but it didn't cone back to trouble him until this pre-season after the initial setback.

I probably should have included Langdon because HTF do you injure your knee so badly you sit out 6 months of footy whilst rehabbing an ankle injury??

Thought about all three and decided against Beams for the obvious reason that his quad was the biggest myth in footy. Witts' webbing was a disaster, but it didn't cone back to trouble him until this pre-season after the initial setback.

I probably should have included Langdon because HTF do you injure your knee so badly you sit out 6 months of footy whilst rehabbing an ankle injury??
Witt's webbing getting infected due to lack of Savlon cream basically killed his season and career at our club. He's at Gold Coast now because of it. He was our first choice ruck when that happened. As for Langdon, yeah that takes some doing when you are limited to the exercise bikes. Slipped in the bath ? or perhaps the club went for a variation from the "quad" injury excuse?

Any thoughts on Will's quad injury Sco?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many of them had ankle injuries?

Oxley's was an ankle and remarkably similar to Elliott's in that he was initially diagnosed as having only turned it in an intraclub. He was never considered to be long term and given the "2-3 weeks" diagnosis until we decided to get him in for surgery later in the year.

Goldsack was another who we tried to "manage" through an ankle, but ended up doing a Greenwood and was put in for surgery on the eve of the season. I didn't include him because I think that pre-dated some of the current high performance group so benefit of the doubt and all that.

Again though I'm taking this on face value because I haven't heard of any setbacks and he hasn't been invisible so I think we'll see him soon.

Witt's webbing getting infected due to lack of Savlon cream basically killed his season and career at our club. He's at Gold Coast now because of it. He was our first choice ruck when that happened. As for Langdon, yeah that takes some doing when you are limited to the exercise bikes. Slipped in the bath ? or perhaps the club went for a variation from the "quad" injury excuse?

Any thoughts on Will's quad injury Sco?

General thoughts on Wills status is that its bad timing for him because were he up and about he'd now have 6 weeks in the seniors locked and loaded. Deeper thoughts are lets wait and see because there has been a rule change on those "quad" injuries. If he returns in round 5 of the seniors it wouldn't be a good sign considering those one's are 4 weeks from memory.

There's a pretty big distinction between football clubs and corporates lying which is the incentives. There is nothing to be gained from a sporting club lying to members whereas lying to shareholders can result in any number of benefits in the corporate world. Surely you see the difference?

FWIW unlike JDG I don't think there's anything sus at all about Elliott's layoff. Our "high performance" group is inept that's all.
Not so big a distinction as it may at first seem Sco, EVERY public body is paranoid about litigation. They are made so by the legal profession - who coincidentally are the vehicles for said litigation - lawyers win coming and going.

Not so big a distinction as it may at first seem Sco, EVERY public body is paranoid about litigation. They are made so by the legal profession - who coincidentally are the vehicles for said litigation - lawyers win coming and going.

You're joking aren't you? I can guarantee you that has nothing to do with it.

The irony is they actually had reason to provide disinformation on JDG and they decided to try and be honest! How dense to you have to be to lie about Wells getting kicked to the calf only to try and be up front on JDG's hand?

If that level of ineptitude had't become the norm it would be funny not sad...

To be fair I doubt Witts would have ever passed Grundy on a permenant basis. Sure he had a good preseason. So did Gault!!!
Yeah, but Witts actually earned his round one spot from good ruckwork, unlike Gault who got a bunch of goals cheating out the back without the coaching panel catching on to what he was doing somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back