Channel 7 airing MKR over ANZAC Eve on main channel

Remove this Banner Ad

Five extra games a week actually. Plus all the NRL, cricket tours, Sky channel and plenty of American sport.

If you're into sport, who wouldn't pay $40 a month?

Do you realise you're in a football forum?
It may be all well and good, but we could seriously get so much more for that money. Think the 7 Olympic app (with problems obviously ironed out).
Now think if the current pay tv set up and the online streaming set up went head to head. Who would win? We would. Prices go down, products improve, the consumer wins.

It also means it wont be in HD which is my main issue

It will be in HD but that's not the issue.

The issue is a club like Melbourne gets limited prime time exposure as it is. One of the few times we do we are shunted off to a secondary channel. This impacts ratings which in turn impacts sponsorship, membership etc and all that goes along with it.

If I were Glenn Bartlett or Peter Jackson I'd be asking some questions of Simon Lethlean and/or Gil.

"Reality" shows, ffs. When Big Brother first started around 2000 I thought "well this reality s**t will probably last a couple of years, buckle in" almost 20 years later people are still watching that rubbish. Every summer during the Australian Open I get a glimpse of what people without Foxtel/Netflix/Torrents actually watch on TV when they play those idiotic promos. Anyone who watches that s**t is bad and should feel bad.

Just press 73 on the remote?

d6f.jpg

Ever watch MKR? Know friends? Partners?

Tell them they are directly responsible for the dumbing down of entertainment.

I hope netflix dominates the market and buys up the AFL rights in 10 years and saves the AFL

If I even knew someone who watches a cooking show on TV I'd be embarrassed, much less watch it myself.

It's for emasculated pussywhipped dorky men and fatso soccer mums.

hold on, two mediocre clubs in a mediocre round, or mkr? reckon C7 checked the numbers and made the right call.

Dont think its big issue either changing channel but a bit pot kettle on mediocrity front dude.

It's an exposure thing. Yeah, all of us on BF know it's an extra button. But Melbourne are struggling for sponsors as is - anyone seen the back of our jumper this year? Every little bit helps, and when a blockbuster that we've put together is getting shunted for My ******* Kitchen Rules it's infuriating. And I don't give a s**t that it's the final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an exposure thing. Yeah, all of us on BF know it's an extra button. But Melbourne are struggling for sponsors as is - anyone seen the back of our jumper this year? Every little bit helps, and when a blockbuster that we've put together is getting shunted for My ******* Kitchen Rules it's infuriating. And I don't give a s**t that it's the final.

saw a bit of the Dees-Freo game last week.... thought i was watching a game from the early 90s when i saw the back of Dees' jumpers

Melbourne fans complaining about getting mediocre timeslots and crappy exposure? Guess that's the end result of being deplorable for 10 years. Perform well this year and you'll get better timeslots and match coverage

Unless of course, you're Carlton getting flogged every 2nd Friday night!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back