VFL Round 8 - Casey vs Collingwood at Casey Fields (Pies lost 83-102, Mayne booted 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon we'll take a few lessons out of that game from a discipline point of view, Kirby's the obvious one, but the whole group got sucked in at times and we also could have been better niggling Munro in return.

haha yeah. Although his (Weids) dad played for the pies but only 26 or so games.

So if they reduced it to 25 still would of got him! Luke Ball wants his kids Pies FS eligible so need it under 100.
Weids poor dad was trying to get a spot in the team that was taken by Peter Moore.. Doesn't get much more unlucky than that.

On E6653 using BigFooty.com mobile app

when-someone-is-over-exaggerating-a-story-and-you-were-19879405.png

Was still a good mark though. :D

Come on loki give him something.........

I am sticking with mark of the century! :p

Have they told Blair if he kicks the footy he'll get sacked on the spot? How many handballs did he have?

A lot was running at either 50% (or possibly 57%) halfway through the 3rd (roughly) according to VFL commentators. Was talking about him and his melbourne counter part both being in the 50s and needing to clean it up.

haha yeah. Although his (Weids) dad played for the pies but only 26 or so games.

So if they reduced it to 25 still would of got him! Luke Ball wants his kids Pies FS eligible so need it under 100.
That would be amazing if true. Imagine the salt from Saints fans if a 142 game former captains son went to us.

Kirby's 2 goals today takes him to 18 for the season, which was the tally that won our VFL goal kicking last season. Coincidentally Cloke also took 7 games to bring up those 18 goals, while Collopy needed 16 matches.

Didn't see a minute of it. Come in here and it would seem Mayne has played a blinder? Or at least for one quarter? Someone please explain!
Kicked four goals and had a ripping last quarter

So if they reduced it to 25 still get him! Luke Ball wants his kids Pies FS eligible so need it under 100.
If you add murray and mark weidemans games together its over 200 that should be enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayne was solid, lead well several time sin the first half get space and missed by miles on the pass. A goodish game in the VFL will be our best, but not a blinder.
Mayne kicked 4 set up 2.

Kirby failed to cope with a tag, close attention, (though seemed to get little support) Kicked 2 setup 2 (IIRC) in very in and out few good pmements but gave away plenty of free kicks and a few 50m. has to learn to cope with the attention. Better he gets a taste of what a hard tag is now and develops.

Blair in every thing, but turned it over, not enough support on ball.

Josh Daicos some really nice things, but cameo, occasional very high impact moments but struggled to be effective most of the time.

Keefe - moved well, get involved a lot, but skills not quite there. Something to build on.

Ramsay - some good moments, some bad monemets provided some goo run and carry at times, some neat work , but patchy.

Schade - started badly had some horrible dispels moments through the game

That would be amazing if true. Imagine the salt from Saints fans if a 142 game former captains son went to us.

He said it when he retired, said he really wanted to get 100 games at pies for father son eligibility in an interview done by the club around the BnF iirc.

But he kind of hints at it here also in this HS interview before retirement.

“That’s why I’m a Collingwood person. They are like my wife and the Saints are like a former girlfriend. But I want to stress I love my wife.”

They married eight months ago and are expecting a child in February. “That’s given me perspective. It’s funny, if it’s a young boy he’ll be wearing black, white and red if he’s good enough because I haven’t played 100 games for Collingwood.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/99db515ff3c158d26240a59075713d07

Mayne was solid, lead well several time sin the first half get space and missed by miles on the pass. A goodish game in the VFL will be our best, but not a blinder.
Mayne kicked 4 set up 2.

Kirby failed to cope with a tag, close attention, (though seemed to get little support) Kicked 2 setup 2 (IIRC) in very in and out few good pmements but gave away plenty of free kicks and a few 50m. has to learn to cope with the attention. Better he gets a taste of what a hard tag is now and develops.

Blair in every thing, but turned it over, not enough support on ball.

Josh Daicos some really nice things, but cameo, occasional very high impact moments but struggled to be effective most of the time.

Keefe - moved well, get involved a lot, but skills not quite there. Something to build on.

Ramsay - some good moments, some bad monemets provided some goo run and carry at times, some neat work , but patchy.

Schade - started badly had some horrible dispels moments through the game
It's a shame his disposal is sub standard, the wee man is always throwing himself into the bottom of packs but far, far, far, far too often his outlet handpass misses the mark.

Final analysis:
- Mayne summoned the spirits of Leigh Matthews and Cyril Rioli (neither of whom are dead as far as I know) to resurrect his career;
- Kirby kept having an influence on the game...usually a positive one;
- Daicos continues to show good signs. He'll develop some four-quarter consistency, hope to see him at AFL this year;
- Defence is entirely rudderless in the absence of Dunn. Shaz and Langdon in the seniors was also telling....Casey didn't capitalise.
- The errant handballs are very, very, very frustrating.

I don't understand why we leave Keeffe forward when our defense is spudding it up. Keeffe sucks up forward but plays to a good standard down back. It's the definition of a win win move. Is Rivers stupid or under senior coaches instruction?

I don't understand why we leave Keeffe forward when our defense is spudding it up. Keeffe sucks up forward but plays to a good standard down back. It's the definition of a win win move. Is Rivers stupid or under senior coaches instruction?
Keeffe was actually ok up forward today imo.

From the moment he returned to training, it seems the club have had a destiny beyond defence in mind for him...or at least that's my memory of some of the training reports. Keeffe looked okay around the ground today, but yes, I think he'd be more serviceable in defence.

Keeffe was actually ok up forward today imo.

Just okay though. That's all you'll get from Keeffe there. It's one of the best games he's had up forward and he still only managed the one goal.

How did Seir go? Lots of handballs. I can only assume from the bottom of the pack?
Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Has very quick hands, but needs to get his hands dirty a bit more. Too much skirtingbthe packs for a guy his size for my liking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back