• Yes, for any first rounder

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Yes, if it helps get Kelly

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Yes, if it helps get Dusty

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay. [Insert KPF here] took time to develop.
Development IMHO isn't the issue. Paddy is definitely AFL quality, so he needs to be ******* playing there, not at Sandy.

Every game at Sandy is stalling his development.

Every time we have a new item thread my heart sinks as they seem to always be designed to embarrass ourselves.

Whether it's scab rippers like this one, or the big noting ourselves ones that signal disaster - hats off to the physios, we can make the 8, this is the year.....

There isn't a sainter out there who didn't have some negative thoughts on paddys future when they heard of his Ko today but why do we have to stick the knife in on here. Let's not make robbo's job easier for him eh.

I think some posters care more about their faceless personas on this forum than they do about the club

Development IMHO isn't the issue. Paddy is definitely AFL quality, so he needs to be ******* playing there, not at Sandy.

Every game at Sandy is stalling his development.
He's not AFL quality. What makes you say that.

Think you just answered your own question. Why the **** did we select him with pick 1 if he isn't AFL quality?
I don't think it matters where he was selected. Not all #1 picks have turned out to be stars. I think he has the potential to be a star, but he hasn't shown it yet. So for now I think the VFL is where he belongs, until he can show that he deserves to play in the seniors.

I dont think we'll trade McCartin but I will say this.. The Dees, Port and Geelong are showing this year that you dont need lots of tall forwards to win games when you have a top quality midfield.
If i was offered a top 10 pick for him. Id take it
But certainly the club will try hell for leather to keep him and keep face.
They just cant trade him and say they got it wrong. It was pick 1.

Sometimes you can concede defeat and save face at the same time . If a good pick was offered , take it , get a mid or Dustin Martin and free agents and move on . Let's avoid another Koschitzke

I don't think it matters where he was selected. Not all #1 picks have turned out to be stars. I think he has the potential to be a star, but he hasn't shown it yet. So for now I think the VFL is where he belongs, until he can show that he deserves to play in the seniors.
I'm the opposite. He deserves to play & needs to play this year to get 'AFL fit' & up to the speed of the game so he's ready to go bang next year.

Don't blame him if he's seriously considering a move though. His manager is obviously fishing for a bite.

Depending on the potential return for him, if he wanted out, I'd definitely consider trading due to his health issues

I'm the opposite. He deserves to play & needs to play this year to get 'AFL fit' & up to the speed of the game so he's ready to go bang next year.

Don't blame him if he's seriously considering a move though. His manager is obviously fishing for a bite.

Depending on the potential return for him, if he wanted out, I'd definitely consider trading due to his health issues
Yep . Knees , hammies ******* most s**t can be fixed but I don't know if a solution to avoiding concussion when a jarring bump happens . Will only get concussed easier and easier each time . Just ask Dean Kemp .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can afford a Ferrari, you can drive it wherever the **** you like.

That a thread can be started about trading a future KPF who has hardly been able to get on the park in his first few years says more about the stupidity of people on here than anything else.

Really ******* pathetic.

Similar things were said about Scott Gumbleton.

Do you think we should be gifting games to players?

Every time we have a new item thread my heart sinks as they seem to always be designed to embarrass ourselves.

Whether it's scab rippers like this one, or the big noting ourselves ones that signal disaster - hats off to the physios, we can make the 8, this is the year.....

There isn't a sainter out there who didn't have some negative thoughts on paddys future when they heard of his Ko today but why do we have to stick the knife in on here. Let's not make robbo's job easier for him eh.

I think some posters care more about their faceless personas on this forum than they do about the club

i can assure you that what you said is not the case. i already know i am not well liked on here because people find me overly critical, so if i did care about being liked on here why would i go about it by making another post that can be seen as being overly negative?

Do you think we should be gifting games to players?
No at all, but how are you supposed to get a feel for the level when you only play 1-2 games in a row at best? Should pick him & stick with him for at least 5-6 weeks & give him a decent chance.

There are games this year where I'd have gone with Paddy, Roo & Bruce. Membrey hasn't been great & deserves a foot up the arse too. Happy for Acres to float forward in Membrey's role in that case while Membrey goes back to Sandy.

We're obviously not going to agree.

No at all, but how are you supposed to get a feel for the level when you only play 1-2 games in a row at best? Should pick him & stick with him for at least 5-6 weeks & give him a decent chance.

Agree. Which is why the club's bullshit about finals this year was a mistake. We got ahead of ourselves and that's making it harder to develop our players. If this was a development year, Paddy would play ones every week. But because we're pushing hard to win games, he can't be selected, because four key forwards messes with team balance. I kinda hope we lose to GC, get a few injuries to the established guys, then we'll be well placed to actually develop our young players, and therefore better off in 18/19.

6 concussions in 3 years is a massive concern. At this point surely he would start thinking about his long-term wellbeing. I think Paddy has the talent to be a very good player but he wouldn't be far off a forced retirement.

And how long did Watts take and how many times did he get dropped?
Took a long time.
But Watts is obviously taller, faster and more athletic than Paddy.
In his third season, Watts averaged 16 disposals and kicked 21 goals. That was 2011 and he was 20 years old.
Watts can also play in multiple positions. So despite how bad Watts supposedly was in in his first few seasons - he was still better than Paddy.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...&pid1=3107&pid2=4035&fid1=P&fopt1=2011&fid2=S

Despite how soft Watts supposedly was - he still gets more than 3 x as many tackles as Paddy. Paddy is so poor with his agility his tackling is basically non existent. Averages under a tackle a game. This is terrible.

Back