WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are in D3 in the Ammos and are getting flogged most weeks, there are better sides in div.3 that should go up before them

With a percentage of 81%, I wouldn't think they are getting flogged most weeks. That would put them 4th on the WRFL Div 2 ladder with that %
It's only what I have heard, requesting that they enter WRFL in Div 2 (feel like I'm repeating myself - see WRFL Div 3 page)

With a percentage of 81%, I wouldn't think they are getting flogged most weeks. That would put them 4th on the WRFL Div 2 ladder with that %
It's only what I have heard, requesting that they enter WRFL in Div 2 (feel like I'm repeating myself - see WRFL Div 3 page)

Which club would request to join wrfl div3? So my point being if you want to come across to wrfl I agree you ask to go straight to div2 or stay where you are.

Interested in why Point Cook would come directly into Div 2? (No disrespect to them) Are we back to a bye situation?, or is somebody likely to drop out?, or none drop at end of year with a couple to come up? Is there another Ammo's team also being lined up? I would have thought 3 x Divisions of 8 each makes more sense, but am interested to see what transpires. All makes for an interesting 2018.

Has the WRFL got an official "policy" on how clubs enter the league? Would think new start up clubs (e.g Tarneit in 2014) should enter via Division 3 but established clubs (e.g Point Cook) should be assessed as to their playing and off field strengths and slotted in to where they would be competitive. No one would think Werribee Districts should have started in Division 3 in 2014, that's ridiculous.

If the WRFL assess PC as being competitive in Division 2 from day one so be it. Its not as if a club needs to be relegated to slot them into Division 2.The WRFL will be a better comp with PC in it, that should be the main consideration.

The current Point Cook team is a mid table div 3 team BUT with the players that will return there they will be competitive in the new Div 2 next year.

Many players only left because they have zero interest driving to the other end of Melbourne to play footy.

I expect them to be a very strong team in a few years pushing for Div 1 if they can find the revenue stream.

The current Point Cook team is a mid table div 3 team BUT with the players that will return there they will be competitive in the new Div 2 next year.

Many players only left because they have zero interest driving to the other end of Melbourne to play footy.

I expect them to be a very strong team in a few years pushing for Div 1 if they can find the revenue stream.
Plenty of advertising space on the three ovals down at Saltwater for any local businesses

Whats going on at Yarraville....rumour has it there best player and league runner up last year Longmire was cleared back to his old club for the queens birthday weekend and ended up doing his calf. Nipper not very happy about this and also heard there are a few grumblings going on at Williamstown rd. Even a few of there good players like Topalidis who kicked 7 a few weeks back Krakouer and a few others are playing ressies this week

Ando, don't know the ins & outs at YSE but that not unusual a player might go and play for his old "home" club over a bye/long weekend. I'm guessing with the number of games you guys play his gone home to make some extra coin. Bit unfortunate if he got injured though. Can imagine the coach is not happy but surely it's just bad luck. Let's remember it's div2 and from what I can see there is only 2 teams in it so as long as his back before finals it's all good. Maybe they will save some $$ and play some kids. No offence to clubs in this division but the WRFL has made an absolute mess of div2 mate. It's a wonder any decent player stayed and played div2. Not any fault of the clubs but this league is a joke mate.,

Any word on the happenings at NP? Heard a few players have been training at other clubs during the week but playing at NP on Saturdays. After the loss to WF yesterday and the apparent fights, could this be a space to watch? Has the coach lost the players already?

Any word on the happenings at NP? Heard a few players have been training at other clubs during the week but playing at NP on Saturdays. After the loss to WF yesterday and the apparent fights, could this be a space to watch? Has the coach lost the players already?
Is it true game called off was it through injure or fighting today ?

Word is it was an Ali Fahour inspired performance by Newport yesterday, and the game was called off. If the league are going to let these ferals run around every week, then they owe it to the other clubs to have a WRFL representative witnessing and reporting on each of their games, as they can't be controlled.

Word is it was an Ali Fahour inspired performance by Newport yesterday, and the game was called off. If the league are going to let these ferals run around every week, then they owe it to the other clubs to have a WRFL representative witnessing and reporting on each of their games, as they can't be controlled.
Newport of old.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true game called off was it through injure or fighting today ?

Don't want to play the blame game but it appeared that YSE were sniping players. 1 kneed a NP player in the head while on the ground. NP predictably retaliated. Also a YSE player that got carded had 2 jumpers with different numbers and removed the top jumper to avoid being found by the umpire. Final incident was an overreaction by both sides and a player was bumped in to the umpire and they called the game claiming it was unsafe for them which is their right. Disappointing and a shame for all the hard work done by so many at NP. Word is that some NP players will be given their marching orders.

Happened most weeks in div 3

None. Just a local. I like to be able to be as impartial as possible. But I was there on Saturday and that is what I saw.
Wasnt accusing one way or the other bud.
As an impartial, is there a systemic issue with Newport? They seem to be a common denominator in these issues.

The WRFL go as hard as they can to hide it, even when radio broadcasting they wouldnt go hard on the way Newport carried on at west the other week.

There was last years div 3 grand final, reserves grade called off, countless incidents and now this on Saturday.

3 years in and more incidents than any other club. Surely they arent innocent victims?

There defiantely seems to be a common denominator with Newport, including fights involving supporters etc. Listening to the radio a couple of weeks ago the commentary was very PC. Time for all clubs in all divisions. Senior and Junior to say no more. People were against Newport coming back into the league for this exact reason. I was at that very meeting so it is not hearsay. Has they league got the balls to put them on notice. I doubt it. To scared of the race card being pulled if they were deregistered. I bet nothing done and same issue in a couple of weeks

Long time reader first time poster. It's unbelievable that at senior football level games can still abandoned. Media will no doubt get wind of this and there'll be video footage of what took place. So if this league wants to continue their weak stance and tolerance on onfield violence then it will backfire. Clubs should also make a stand and for the safety of their players simply agree to boycot games against this feral club.

Wasnt accusing one way or the other bud.
As an impartial, is there a systemic issue with Newport? They seem to be a common denominator in these issues.

The WRFL go as hard as they can to hide it, even when radio broadcasting they wouldnt go hard on the way Newport carried on at west the other week.

There was last years div 3 grand final, reserves grade called off, countless incidents and now this on Saturday.

3 years in and more incidents than any other club. Surely they arent innocent victims?

Wouldn't say it is systematic for NP. Definitely a couple of bad apples in the bunch. Have spoken to a few players and they are fed up too and they are some absolute class acts being let down by their 'mates'. Especially after the success they had last year, it seems like a massive drop in culture. I know they had a player driven code of conduct at the start of the year but something in that must be failing. Also seeing players in there cars as soon as the siren goes isn't ideal.

Wouldn't say they are victims. But its an easy weakness for opposition to exploit which has happened in some of these cases. However all this overshadows the great work done behind the scenes by the volunteers. See them setting up that spit while there's still frost on the grass. Plus the junior club is thriving and an auskick clinic with over 200. The senior club is definitely letting down everything the juniors have built. Interesting to see if/when they start giving players marching orders. The club is 99% great people. The 1% must be thrown out.

Wouldn't say it is systematic for NP. Definitely a couple of bad apples in the bunch. Have spoken to a few players and they are fed up too and they are some absolute class acts being let down by their 'mates'. Especially after the success they had last year, it seems like a massive drop in culture. I know they had a player driven code of conduct at the start of the year but something in that must be failing. Also seeing players in there cars as soon as the siren goes isn't ideal.

Wouldn't say they are victims. But its an easy weakness for opposition to exploit which has happened in some of these cases. However all this overshadows the great work done behind the scenes by the volunteers. See them setting up that spit while there's still frost on the grass. Plus the junior club is thriving and an auskick clinic with over 200. The senior club is definitely letting down everything the juniors have built. Interesting to see if/when they start giving players marching orders. The club is 99% great people. The 1% must be thrown out.

Often are. Hopefully it corrects itself quickly down there

Just found this on the web. It does seem to be getting out of hand out there.

A football club has come under scrutiny after a player filmed himself burning and urinating on another club’s jersey before sharing the video on a messaging app. Generic picture: Supplied
VIC News
Newport Power under 17s football player films himself burning and urinating on Spotswood jumper
CASSIE ZERVOS, Herald Sun
July 10, 2017 8:50pm
Subscriber only
A FERAL football club has come under scrutiny after a video has emerged of a player burning and urinating on another club’s jumper.

The under-17s Newport Power football player last week filmed himself performing the lewd act and sent the video around on messaging app, WhatsApp.

The Herald Sun can also reveal a brawl between Newport Power and Yarraville Eagles forced the Saturday match to be abandoned at halftime.

A witness at the Western Region Football League Division 2 seniors decider, who wished to remain anonymous due to safety reasons, said Newport players started to get rough.

He described the brawl, as a “scuffle that got out of hand”.

“Newport has a bad reputation and it’s disappointing the game was called off,” the Herald Sun was told.

“What happened on Saturday is shocking for the Western Region Football League and football culture in general.”

The witness said umpires felt so threatened they were forced to call off the game.

Newport Power under-9’s junior coach Jason Cranage said the club’s senior sides had a long history with cultural issues.

“Our junior club is against the behaviour of some of the players on the senior team and we are passionate to change the culture of our club,” he said.

“The junior teams, their parents, and the players have a really high expectation of values and moral and we will fight to change our club.”

Newport Power president Peter Young told parents and players the “undesirable video” originated from the club.

“The player responsible owned up to his involvement directly to myself and his coach,” he said.

“After understanding what he thought initially a harmless prank has ramifications for his team and the greater club, he immediately imposed a suspension upon himself from playing in the Newport jumper until the matter could be heard by our club’s disciplinary committee this week.”

He said Newport had been “let down by just a handful of players” in Saturday’s brawl.

“A number of Newport Power’s players have had prior warnings ... they will be asked to leave the club immediately.”

Western Region Football League said it was investigating both incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back