The diving thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DISGUSTING that a club would question the doctor's report.
The Dogs have said absolutely nothing. Furthermore Wood has accepted the 1 week suspension without any complaint or comment whatsoever. Sharp contrast to your fragile coach and CEO who felt the need to go public after their loss to the Dogs last season.

As for the vision, it is there for all footy fans to see and to comment on. McGovern went down like he was shot. His rib damage was so bad he played the rest of the game without any problem and was even taking hangers for fun.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You lied about that the first time it was being discussed and here you go again

Yeah at first glance it looks pretty bad as a dive for Wingard. My only thought about the injury grimace was did Wingard cop a wack to his nuts by the tacklers arm on the way through?

Edit: seen rest of gifs in thread with high contact to Wingards face so not a dive as much a reaction to the nose whack.

Last edited:
Really? We cast doubt on Oliver's 'sore jaw' a couple weeks back. There is a component of self-reporting, and the bruised ribs could have been associated with a different knock.
I was referencing the Bulldog's comments last year when our coach questioned the 17-1 free kick count from one umpire (A bulldogs supporter none-the-less) in a game against the WB, and Beveridge described it as "Disgusting".

The Dogs have said absolutely nothing. Furthermore Wood has accepted the 1 week suspension without any complaint or comment whatsoever. Sharp contrast to your fragile coach and CEO who felt the need to go public after their loss to the Dogs last season. As for the vision, it is there for all footy fans to see and to comment on. McGovern went down like he was shot. His rib damage was so bad he played the rest of the game without any problem and was even taking hangers for fun.
Lol. A bit each way there? Either Wood hit him in the ribs, the doctors are telling the truth and he deserves the fine OR you think it is a big conspiracy by McGovern AND the Adelaide footy club AND it's medical staff to get Wood a week suspension? Right-o.

I was referencing the Bulldog's comments last year when our coach questioned the 17-1 free kick count from one umpire (A bulldogs supporter none-the-less) in a game against the WB, and Beveridge described it as "Disgusting".

Lol. A bit each way there? Either Wood hit him in the ribs, the doctors are telling the truth and he deserves the fine OR you think it is a big conspiracy by McGovern AND the Adelaide footy club AND it's medical staff to get Wood a week suspension? Right-o.

If that tap resulted in bruised ribs, i'll suggest moving McGovern onto a diet of Osteoporosis tablets and fullcream milk.

As a mug punter, my thoughts on this incident are that there is recent history of angst between the clubs stemming from Talia-gate and Pannell-gate, and I would not be surprised in the slightest if Wood was shafted in this instance. Of course nothing will ever be proven or disproven, so I'll let the vision of that vicious hit speak for itself.

My initial point was that our club has kept completely silent on this issue despite no doubt seething behind the scenes, something your club failed miserably to do after the 2016 H&A match. That is irrefutable, even for the most one-eyed Crows supporter.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My initial point was that our club has kept completely silent on this issue despite no doubt seething behind the scenes, something your club failed miserably to do after the 2016 H&A match. That is irrefutable, even for the most one-eyed Crows supporter.
It's alright mate, I'm sure once Cloke and Crameri come back into your 22 you will start to soar and you can get back to focussing your posts on how the umpiring discrepancies are because the Bulldogs are first to the contest :rolleyes:

McGovern obviously faked it, the Doctors obviously faked the medical report, Wood was obviously setup and unfairly treated by the obviously corrupt AFL and AFC working together. Obviously.

It's alright mate, I'm sure once Cloke and Crameri come back into your 22 you will start to soar and you can get back to focussing your posts on how the umpiring discrepancies are because the Bulldogs are first to the contest :rolleyes:

McGovern obviously faked it, the Doctors obviously faked the medical report, Wood was obviously setup and unfairly treated by the obviously corrupt AFL and AFC working together. Obviously.
Like I said, happy to let the vision speak for itself. You may not have to defend McGovern for much longer anyway.

When did Melbourne supporters become such campaigners?

I dunno when people started trolling Oliver in every single thread? Are we supposed to just take it without firing back? Or are you like typical Carlton supporters who can dish it but can't take it.

The Dogs have said absolutely nothing. Furthermore Wood has accepted the 1 week suspension without any complaint or comment whatsoever. Sharp contrast to your fragile coach and CEO who felt the need to go public after their loss to the Dogs last season.

As for the vision, it is there for all footy fans to see and to comment on. McGovern went down like he was shot. His rib damage was so bad he played the rest of the game without any problem and was even taking hangers for fun.

Seems a weird stance to take when Bont came out sooking last year after a high tackle from Lindsay Thomas...

Rance dived again on the weekend after Roo took a mark. He went to bump Billings and fell over.. come on he would have 20kgs on him.

So now you're in freefall and Oliver's been exposed as a mental midget who cracks under the slightest pressure you'll be settling right back down yeah?
Freefall?
Cracked under pressure? 19yo kid who lead a severely undermanned midfield to a win on the weekend? How much more pressure does he need to stand up under before you pull your head in?

So now you're in freefall and Oliver's been exposed as a mental midget who cracks under the slightest pressure you'll be settling right back down yeah?

This is a pretty dumb comment. He's probably leading our best and fairest as a 19 year old despite being in the news every week. If you're gonna try troll at least attempt to get it close to something true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back