MRP / Trib. Hawkins 2 weeks, Duncan 1

Remove this Banner Ad

If they thought there was a low chance of getting it graded lower then they would have been stupid to challenge it.
Nothing to do with being soft.

45 minutes on and the Facebook page hasn't posted anything about the Club's gutlessness.

Herald-Sun has reported all suspended players - Hawkins, Duncan, Grundy, Mumford and Zach Merrett - have accepted their bans.

Herald-Sun has reported all suspended players - Hawkins, Duncan, Grundy, Mumford and Zach Merrett - have accepted their bans.
Does a player have to formally accept or is it just assumed if you don't challenge?

Does a player have to formally accept or is it just assumed if you don't challenge?

I haven't checked the actual rules but I believe players have until 11:00am the following day to file their objection otherwise they are deemed to accept.

The only way of fixing the MRP is to have a set of standards with precedence. No discounts. If the AFL want to suspend players and by that I mean revoke their ability to work then the player must have the recourse of defending without penalty.

I haven't checked the actual rules but I believe players have until 11:00am the following day to file their objection otherwise they are deemed to accept.
So there is no formal acceptance. Funny if there was and Duncan does not do it....would that mean he could turn up and play?

45 minutes on and the Facebook page hasn't posted anything about the Club's gutlessness.

Dont worry they are just delaying the announcement because they also have to announce that Danger is out for the year with a foot injury that they have known about for weeks but didnt think to tell anyone about because its not a big deal, they have also decided to have Selwoods ankle cut off but he will only miss an extra week, usual s**t from GFC :rolleyes:.

I've heard it said that in not challenging Mitch will benefit from a 'rest'.

That needs to be considered alongside with the fact he now has a conviction and it will be easy to rub him out if he is again brought to the attention of the MRP kangaroo court. I think a challenge would have succeeded but even if it failed Geelong surely could have put reasonable doubt in the minds of the panel and the penalty may have remained as one week.

Really surprised Grundy accepted his ban, what have the pies got to lose by challenging, it was clearly a great tackle and just an unfortunate accident...wait where have i heard that before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proud Geelong fan all my life. Whole family is right back to 1800s. I go to every victorian game and at least 1 interstate game each year.

I will not be attending anymore games this year because of how spineless our club has become.

We need a review. Bring back Bomber, Balme and Costa. Hocking and Scott have to go.

We are as soft as any club both on and off the field.

I might come to the GWS game to see off SJ.

AND I WILL WEAR ORANGE.

I've heard it said that in not challenging Mitch will benefit from a 'rest'.

That needs to be considered alongside with the fact he now has a conviction and it will be easy to rub him out if he is again brought to the attention of the MRP kangaroo court. I think a challenge would have succeeded but even if it failed Geelong surely could have put reasonable doubt in the minds of the panel and the penalty may have remained as one week.

Just wait when one of these stupid ass mrp decisions costs a player a spot in a Grand Final team then see the lawyers get involved, wont be a Geelong player though because they wont be allowed to advance as far as the GF.

Duncan and danger have good records.

Danger tackle no free kick to big kruz has he didnt have the ball danger didnt know,but free kick to kruz.

Grundy gets a free for a rough tackle but gets a 2 week holiday.

I wonder if kruz and Brown get free kicks maybe a 50 would the MRP ruling be the same?

Prawns. The lot of them.
Weak as piss.
Reminds me of the 89 Granny when Derm trotted down to the forward pocket half dead and his awaiting opponent was very careful not to cause any more damage, wait that was Steve Hocking too wasn't it. Weak as piss.

Can you think what would happen if your boss comes to you and says..."Fred, I'm sorry but you upset the receptionist and I have to suspend you from work for 2 weeks. But if you go and say sorry then I will make it 1 week".

Proud Geelong fan all my life. Whole family is right back to 1800s. I go to every victorian game and at least 1 interstate game each year.

I will not be attending anymore games this year because of how spineless our club has become.

We need a review. Bring back Bomber, Balme and Costa. Hocking and Scott have to go.

We are as soft as any club both on and off the field.

I might come to the GWS game to see off SJ.

AND I WILL WEAR ORANGE.
So, 3 posts and you've declared your a gws fan...................

Can you think what would happen if your boss comes to you and says..."Fred, I'm sorry but you upset the receptionist and I have to suspend you from work for 2 weeks. But if you go and say sorry then I will make it 1 week".

I'd take the 2 weeks as long as it was with full pay ;) stuff the receptionist, id go back and get another 2 weeks after that :p

Reminds me of the 89 Granny when Derm trotted down to the forward pocket half dead and his awaiting opponent was very careful not to cause any more damage, wait that was Steve Hocking too wasn't it. Weak as piss.

Definitely weak, only played most of that game with a ruptured testicle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back