Autopsy Seen this before - Pies lose again

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow just ..............wow.

I love you long time FAIRBALANCED but it's time we part ways brother...............I thought Langdon was as good as Blair tonight maybe I was watching a different game.

I'd argue Langdon and Crisp were probably our best players tonight.

Does that mean they were both really good? That's another story.

In 2016 we came 12th in the AFL at the end of the season with 9 wins. I cannot see us winning either of the next 2 games against Geelong or Melbourne, respectively. If that does occur then we end up at best 13th on the ladder and so another year of decline. So how can anybody justify Buckley keeping his job after 6 years? Or does the club simply succumb to the orchestrated media campaign that Nathan is a good bloke who conducts good press conferences & apparently has thw players playing for him? Therefore he should be automatically be re-appointed not for 1 year as that would unfair but for at least 2, if not 3. I am totally mystified. Where is the logic? As the Gold Coast chairman put it so succinctly last week, it is all about wins versus losses! But what would I know.
The "logic" is that you make management and personnel decisions looking forward, not looking back. You judge the person's attributes, past results and professional progress (and the odd other factor) in conjunction, weighting them as you deem appropriate. In that way you make a decision informed by as much evidence and mature judgement as you can make available. The alternative, to judge on the basis of a succeed/fail ratio alone, would be too narrow and too full of impact from uncontrolled external influences to give a result you could be confident about. Life ain't that bloody simple.

What has Eddie got to do with our gay footballer B_W?

Why the **** would Eddie want to advance his career?

We lost today because of s**t coaching...........was Eddie in the coaching box tonight?
I reckon you might be on the angry pills tonight CFC and who can blame you. I hope it all gets sorted quickly for you.
It's not so much about ED advancing his career. But Ed would very much want to advance his football club and TV show (which he has just been installed into to rescue). This would be huge for the Collingwood football club and for TFS. I can see MAJOR incentive for a man in Ed's position.
We had half our first choice midlfield out today in an interstate away game against a top 8 team. Why was this one down to the coach CFC? What should've he done/not done and what were your thoughts on Langdon btw. (not doubting you.. just asking for your further thoughts)

I'd argue Langdon and Crisp were probably our best players tonight.

Does that mean they were both really good? That's another story.

Crisp first half was rubbish (I love the boy) second half just a pass.

Langdon showing no respect to his opponent gives me the absolute shits.
Yes I still haven't gotten over him losing the Adelaide game.

What has Eddie got to do with our gay footballer B_W?

Why the **** would Eddie want to advance his career?

We lost today because of s**t coaching...........was Eddie in the coaching box tonight?
The footballer in question didn't have a good game.
Plenty of rumours abounded last week about said footballer.
Ed, ch9 promoted a big "Collingwood" story on TFS Thursday night.
Word was the father of a player had terse words with Ed about his insistence about using said player to make a big splash for the return of TFS,.
TFS had no story about CFC on a Thursday night.
Was Ed in the coaching box tonight's?.
Great question.
No he wasn't, but his Captains pick was.
And by all reports, that Captains pick is about to be offered an extension.
Ed may not be in the box, but his influence is felt there/at the selection table/ and the recruiting table.
Time for a fresh prospective, because if he Re-signs Buckley, we have a decade of also rans to come.

Five years of Bill Davoren now is it? I don't see it. He has no place in the AFL. He was a Commonwealth Games triathlete who lucked his way into a triathlon coaching position. A sport which requires competitors to cut as much non-essential mass as possible in favour of endurance... looking at our boys today, bouncing off Port players when attempting to tackle and getting mauled if they tried to break free from a tackle themselves, it certainly seems his philosophy hasn't changed.

Let's face it, the guy's a joke. Under his regime, we've had the calamity of soft tissue injuries which were entirely the fault of a fitness department over-working the players to the point of breakdown. Having "learned" from that experience, he's delivered a team of players who can run a pretty decent distance without any explosiveness whatsoever. Very little power, very little speed, just the ability to keep running. And even that, to be honest, is not at a level I'd call elite.

We're now a team of wanna-be triathletes who are far too easily bullied at the contest and out-sprinted in short bursts. Scharenberg, Crisp, Maynard, Treloar, Pendles, Steele - they've all lost size and strength since Billy boy has been given free reign over our fitness regime. Worryingly, we're seeing our young bulls like Maynard and Adams following the same path of shedding weight at the expense of strength and speed. It's insanity.

And on top of all that, he presents terribly, speaks poorly, and the bastard is an overweight mess himself! I want a high performance coach who can push, inspire, and say "do as I do" not just "do what I say". He's a fat-gutted, twig-armed, generally uninspiring non-event.

How he's survived so long is a mystery. If you were to make a list of people who must depart the club before success can be achieved, he'd be first name written down, in bold, underlined and circled.

Bill - go back to coaching non-contact endurance sports. Your approach has been one of the more abject failures in an era in which Collingwood failures are a competitive field.

Edit: apologies for the rant folks, but seeing such painfully obvious areas of abject failure continue to go unaddressed is nothing short of torture for somebody who genuinely cares about our great football club.

Word was the father of a player had terse words with Ed about his insistence about using said player to make a big splash for the return of TFS,.
Great question.
Ed may not be in the box, but his influence is felt there/at the selection table/ and the recruiting table.
Time for a fresh prospective, because if he Re-signs Buckley, we have a decade of also rans to come.

And that was all rumour and heresay. We don't even know if Ed wanted or pushed for the 'story' or if the said players family had any beef even if he did.

I reckon you've taken a flimsy half baked rumour and treated it as gospel.

A lot of big-noters on bulletin boards, a lot of s**t talkers too. A lot of posters are gullable and are probably having the piss taken out of them aswell.

This is going to sound harsh, but I think the drafting of Brown is symptomatic of what's wrong with the club. Whilst I am sure he will go on to have a great career, a non- dangerous small fwd/inside mid is not the player the club needs. IMO the club picked him up to appease the fans instead of drafting with strategy and addressing deficiencies. Sean Darcy, Josh Battle and Brennan Cox (player types needed) were all taken just after Callum. Would we have even condsidered him if he wasn't the son of a club champion?

Great question.

How much longer are you going to persist with this arguement?

Wow just ..............wow.

I love you long time FAIRBALANCED but it's time we part ways brother...............I thought Langdon was as good as Blair tonight maybe I was watching a different game.
Don't tell me you expect defenders to actually defend and not just take a few intercept marks?

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were no shocks with how the match played out. Port Adelaide is a finals team and we're not, and the scoreboard reflected that in the end. Although, they're not convincing and I don't think they'll get far in September anyway.

Considering the number of exclusions we had which consisted of Pendles, Grundy, Wells, Greenwood and Varcoe it was always going to be difficult to win this game, especially against a Port Adelaide team that had been humiliated the previous week against their arch-rival and wanted to make a statement.

We played better football in the second half when we took the game on and played instinctively. The high possession game plan which was implemented in the first half was rigid and the players looked uncomfortable executing it. Our ineffective use of the ball exacerbated the issues with this particular game plan.

I had some hope in the third quarter when we mounted a come back, but at no stage did it look like we would win the game. However, we didn't get blown out of the park and we fought out the match reasonably well, especially when it looked like Port might blow us away at various stages of the game.

Reid's performance was excellent as he presented in the forward contests and got reward for effort more often than not. The improvement of Langdon and Scharenberg is another positive I could identify today as well.

Elliott and Fasolo are having a dip in form at the moment, and while De Goey is still a young player, his inconsistency will continue to be a source of frustration for supporters.

It's a sombre feeling when we're mathematically gone now, as we enter four years without finals (our third worst period in the club's history), and who knows when we'll be back in the eight again.

It's going to be a big psychological test for the players to see how they motivate themselves for the final two games. I'm sure some supporters will want us to "tank", but I'd like to see us go out on a high and ruin the chances of Geelong and Melbourne who still have much to play for.

Collingwood lacked urgency going forward, so many times we would succumb to slow ball movement, "crab" movement as Tony Shaw called it. Jeepers, we miss Pendles and Wells, when they don't play we are hopelessly inefficient going inside fifty.

I thought we made the most of our opportunities considering the poor supply, Reid and Moore can walk away feeling mystified about the ball movement.

And that was all rumour and heresay. We don't even know if Ed wanted or pushed for the 'story' or if the said players family had any beef even if he did.

I reckon you've taken a flimsy half baked rumour and treated it as gospel.

A lot of big-noters on bulletin boards, a lot of s**t talkers too. A lot of posters are gullable and are probably having the piss taken out of them aswell.
Yes.
But why did Ed and ch9 advertise a big Collingwood story?
As much as there was rumour and heresay, the rumour was up and about when Ed and 9 were promoting a scoop.
Ed and 9 ended up not delivering.
Did Peter have his say? Who knows.
But...smoke,...fire.....
Pretty hard to argue against.

Collingwood lacked urgency going forward, so many times we would succumb to slow ball movement, "crab" movement as Tony Shaw called it. Jeepers, we miss Pendles and Wells, when they don't play we are hopelessly inefficient going inside fifty.

I thought we made the most of our opportunities considering the poor supply, Reid and Moore can walk away feeling mystified about the ball movement.
We don't miss Pendles.

Yes.
But why did Ed and ch9 advertise a big Collingwood story?
As much as there was rumour and heresay, the rumour was up and about when Ed and 9 were promoting a scoop.
Ed and 9 ended up not delivering.
Did Peter have his say? Who knows.
But...smoke,...fire.....
Pretty hard to argue against.

Never saw any advertising of a Collingwood scoop here in Perth. Might have missed it.
Anyone see it?

Can't help but laugh at the idea of a team with a forward line crying out for a dangerous crumbling forward not finding a spot for Kirby.

Laughable.

I've got no idea about Kirby's fitness (I haven't seen the VFL play this year) but ...

... we do regularly see players like Elliott hovering around the defensive 50 when we're looking for an outlet. So the fitness demands on the modern small forward would seem to be pretty high. It'd be a pretty easy thing for the coaching staff to measure, so it's not unreasonable to assume that they would know what they're doing.

Elliott, Fasolo and JDG - 33 possessions and 1 goal between the three.

That was the difference in today's game.

With Pendles and Wells out, Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom needed more from our HFers and didn't get it.

If Blair gets a game ahead of a kid next week, I'll lose my mind.

I reckon you might be on the angry pills tonight CFC and who can blame you. I hope it all gets sorted quickly for you.
It's not so much about ED advancing his career. But Ed would very much want to advance his football club and TV show (which he has just been installed into to rescue). This would be huge for the Collingwood football club and for TFS. I can see MAJOR incentive for a man in Ed's position.
We had half our first choice midlfield out today in an interstate away game against a top 8 team. Why was this one down to the coach CFC? What should've he done/not done and what were your thoughts on Langdon btw. (not doubting you.. just asking for your further thoughts)

Let me start with the coaching.

Maynard on Gray = wrong If he kicked straight he would have kicked five again.
Brown & Aish on ball = WTF
Howe was rubbish first half = move him forward because Reid was rubbish first half
Cox gets one more chance next week then delist
Langdon doesn't respect his opponemt

Same mistakes made again by our coaching group.......I reiterate Port are not a good team.

As for Eddie and our gay player he has categorically said he wouldn't "announce it" on the FS.
Does he need to write in stone for people to believe him?

Once that player announces it (and he will) the pink money will flow into our Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back