Autopsy Seen this before - Pies lose again

Remove this Banner Ad

The footballer in question didn't have a good game.
Plenty of rumours abounded last week about said footballer.
Ed, ch9 promoted a big "Collingwood" story on TFS Thursday night.
Word was the father of a player had terse words with Ed about his insistence about using said player to make a big splash for the return of TFS,.
TFS had no story about CFC on a Thursday night.
Was Ed in the coaching box tonight's?.
Great question.
No he wasn't, but his Captains pick was.
And by all reports, that Captains pick is about to be offered an extension.
Ed may not be in the box, but his influence is felt there/at the selection table/ and the recruiting table.
Time for a fresh prospective, because if he Re-signs Buckley, we have a decade of also rans to come.

If it is true that you know Steele then you should ask him.

It's well known within our Club mate who the player is.

I call bullshit on the part about Peter stopping Eddie from running with it on the FS.

I can see Cox retiring at the end of the year. Give the game up. He didn't grow up playing it, and he has a very good career ahead of him in engineering.

We shouldn't be naming names in this unsubstantiated rumor. I regret doing it and have deleted my posts that did so. Would be good if others could follow suit.
Good on you.
I've not named names. Because it isn't any of my business.
But as an aside, I'm a YES vote in the upcoming plebiscite.
As much as it's not my business, I'll certainly try and make sure that no one profits by exposing people's personal circumstances.

All this talk about trading Pick 6. I believe the rules state we have to use it as you are not allowed to go three years in a row without a first round pick. Same goes for the Cats.

All this talk about trading Pick 6. I believe the rules state we have to use it as you are not allowed to go three years in a row without a first round pick. Same goes for the Cats.
That rule doesn't apply yet

We shouldn't be naming names in this unsubstantiated rumor. I regret doing it and have deleted my posts that did so. Would be good if others could follow suit.
Good call, it's not the place for public or media to disclose such things given the topics private and sensitive nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

45 inside 50's vs a side that just gave up 81 inside 50's 7 days ago...Yep Collingwood is flying
Port were smashed last week.
By the side we had a 50 point lead on, yet succumbed to a draw.
Would have thought we were favourites on those realities.
But the effort, the game plan, conspired to produce an insipid performance.
Yet.....the assistants will be sacked, Pert is sacked. The footy department is restructured with plenty of sackings.
Only one man stands above all this retribution.
A man who's own admission would see him gone.
A man who I held in such esteem that I expected him to fall on his sword.
But I'm a dreamer, even though I pretend to being a realist.

I wouldn't be upset if they just left him in SA. He's a nothing player.

I just tried to spread some butter on my sandwich and because it's so cold it tore up the bread. Then I realised that many of the players at Collingwood are actually softer than butter. Opposition players just run straight through, or past our guys and when a tackle does stick from the likes of brromehead, Blair, aish, pendles (sorry) elliot, goldsack, brown, crisp, moore they look like children trying to tackle an adult.
The whole league knows this and it shows in the opposition's arrogance when they come to play us.

For those who don;t agree, please tell me one hard footballer we have? Don't say Taylor adams....he may be desperate but tough he is not. Wills I would accept, but he got the kibar a few weeks back in preference for Blair

The Butterfinger brigade. I think they may even spread some of it on their boots too

I just tried to spread some butter on my sandwich and because it's so cold it tore up the bread. Then I realised that many of the players at Collingwood are actually softer than butter. Opposition players just run straight through, or past our guys and when a tackle does stick from the likes of brromehead, Blair, aish, pendles (sorry) elliot, goldsack, brown, crisp, moore they look like children trying to tackle an adult.
The whole league knows this and it shows in the opposition's arrogance when they come to play us.

For those who don;t agree, please tell me one hard footballer we have? Don't say Taylor adams....he may be desperate but tough he is not. Wills I would accept, but he got the kibar a few weeks back in preference for Blair

The Butterfinger brigade. I think they may even spread some of it on their boots too
Why wasn't Grundy playing today?

Five years of Bill Davoren now is it? I don't see it. He has no place in the AFL. He was a Commonwealth Games triathlete who lucked his way into a triathlon coaching position. A sport which requires competitors to cut as much non-essential mass as possible in favour of endurance... looking at our boys today, bouncing off Port players when attempting to tackle and getting mauled if they tried to break free from a tackle themselves, it certainly seems his philosophy hasn't changed.

Let's face it, the guy's a joke. Under his regime, we've had the calamity of soft tissue injuries which were entirely the fault of a fitness department over-working the players to the point of breakdown. Having "learned" from that experience, he's delivered a team of players who can run a pretty decent distance without any explosiveness whatsoever. Very little power, very little speed, just the ability to keep running. And even that, to be honest, is not at a level I'd call elite.

We're now a team of wanna-be triathletes who are far too easily bullied at the contest and out-sprinted in short bursts. Scharenberg, Crisp, Maynard, Treloar, Pendles, Steele - they've all lost size and strength since Billy boy has been given free reign over our fitness regime. Worryingly, we're seeing our young bulls like Maynard and Adams following the same path of shedding weight at the expense of strength and speed. It's insanity.

And on top of all that, he presents terribly, speaks poorly, and the bastard is an overweight mess himself! I want a high performance coach who can push, inspire, and say "do as I do" not just "do what I say". He's a fat-gutted, twig-armed, generally uninspiring non-event.

How he's survived so long is a mystery. If you were to make a list of people who must depart the club before success can be achieved, he'd be first name written down, in bold, underlined and circled.

Bill - go back to coaching non-contact endurance sports. Your approach has been one of the more abject failures in an era in which Collingwood failures are a competitive field.

Edit: apologies for the rant folks, but seeing such painfully obvious areas of abject failure continue to go unaddressed is nothing short of torture for somebody who genuinely cares about our great football club.

Hell yes. This and more of this.

In Ed we trust.
Hahahahahahaaahaaaaahhaaaaaaahaaaaahaaa....
Oh god, now I've got a stomach cramp.

Eds not got the best record when it comes to telling the truth.

Whatever the opinion of Ed ...

... he's not somebody who would publically deny saying something that he was on the public record as saying. For all his faults (and I reckon he has a few) publically contradicting himself is not one of them.

Aish weak as piss

Finally Reid looks like our CHF for next year

Recruit Lever down back

Target a KPF in the draft or through FA next year

Get Lever in and our backline is fairly solid on paper.

Give Kirby and Daicos another preseason and we will be that one Key Foward away from being a Top 6 side

Oh and * Buckley off please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back