• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe that Floyd can TKO Conor, maybe not a KO though. I think if Floyd weathers the storm and the weird stuff that Conor is likely to do early, Conor will gas. I think then Floyd will have worked his style out and will be able to pick him off at will. I believe that this will happen actually, I'm looking for a TKO win to Floyd by about round 8-9.

I can't believe the odds are $1.27 Floyd and $4 Conor, for mine it should be about $10 Conor and 1 and **** all for Floyd. Sure Conor has youth and each on his size but the best boxers in the world have barely touched Floyd. Of course anything can happen in a fight and Conor has surprised me before (hello, Jose Aldo) but I just don't see it happening.

And there's no chance Floyd is taking this easy, he doesn't want to be embarrassed by an MMA fighter. Sure he needs the dough but he wants that 50-0 of course and he wants to be able to look his uncle and dad in the eye after it.

And **** going to a pub to watch this, i'm buying it at home with a handful of mates. Last big fight I watched at a pub was Lester Ellis v Mundine, there were *******s everywhere and this will be no different.

If it goes past 5 then Floyds chances increase. I doubt think he has the power to knock out Conor anymore but if it's a points decision then he will win it because he'll get more punches in and they will be cleaner to judge - but the power won't phase Conor enough to cause a TKO. He can gas him by focusing on body shots, however that requires close contact which will be dangerous for Floyd. He won't have the reach for a lot of head shots and Conor will sting him eventually if he tries. Floyd is used to boxing guys smaller than him or around his height and boxers usually box with a tight hunched position, Conor boxes with a straight back, arms forward and his head up high using his back leg to deliver the power, i don't think Floyd will be able to reach him without exposing himself.
Later rounds it will open up a bit more but thats why Conor is focused on an early knock out.

Floyd is taking it seriously in that he's been trademarking TMT50 and other '50' based things but i fear for him that he's assuming he will win it based on his history vs boxers, not a mixed martial artist at the top of his game.

Read today some Sydney pubs are banning it fearing fights breaking out! Haha.

He is taking the piss. Floyd is trying to put the message across that he is underestimating Conor, so people buy the PPV to see him get knocked out.

I guarantee he's training just as much as he used too.

Maybe but he's also stated he literally can't train like he used to. Conor is a training beast at his peak age so Floyd better be putting in extra work.
One thing is for sure he has no excuse to not leave everything on the canvas if its his last fight.

Floyd is used to boxing guys smaller than him or around his height and boxers usually box with a tight hunched position, Conor boxes with a straight back, arms forward and his head up high using his back leg to deliver the power, i don't think Floyd will be able to reach him without exposing himself.

Like you I just don't know how Mayweather will adjust to the 1 inch height advantage McGregor will have.

Like you I just don't know how Mayweather will adjust to the 1 inch height advantage McGregor will have.

I just started noticing Floyds last few matches were against smaller guys. Conor is much larger than him.
Even Pacquiao had a dud shoulder when fighting Floyd.
I reckon Floyd has crawled to his 49-0 legacy and like Conor said: "he got greedy, he could have retired 49-0 and the God of boxing but he got greedy and now i'm the God of boxing!"
I think Floyd wanted the 50-0 for his business and trademarks for TMT and he's underestimated Conor. Since signing the contract and doing the press tours his team are starting to realise this is no joke, Conor has a confidence no one else has had going against Floyd for decades and also Conor has a lot more to gain from it. I haven't seen anything logical coming from the Floyd camp which doesn't reference past performance in relation to making the most money or never being defeated - neither matter when the bell rings and the confident Conor comes at him. Conor has been analyising the fight and visualising the outcome, Floyd is trying to convince people because he earned the most money he will win.

I just started noticing Floyds last few matches were against smaller guys. Conor is much larger than him.
Even Pacquiao had a dud shoulder when fighting Floyd.
I reckon Floyd has crawled to his 49-0 legacy and like Conor said: "he got greedy, he could have retired 49-0 and the God of boxing but he got greedy and now i'm the God of boxing!"
I think Floyd wanted the 50-0 for his business and trademarks for TMT and he's underestimated Conor. Since signing the contract and doing the press tours his team are starting to realise this is no joke, Conor has a confidence no one else has had going against Floyd for decades and also Conor has a lot more to gain from it. I haven't seen anything logical coming from the Floyd camp which doesn't reference past performance in relation to making the most money or never being defeated - neither matter when the bell rings and the confident Conor comes at him. Conor has been analyising the fight and visualising the outcome, Floyd is trying to convince people because he earned the most money he will win.

You have a habit of using hundreds of words to try and get a point across when a few dozen would do. Confidence will not be a deciding factor in this fight, skill will. If Floyd is 70% of the fighter we saw against Pacquiao, he'll win this very easily.

If it goes past 5 then Floyds chances increase. I doubt think he has the power to knock out Conor anymore but if it's a points decision then he will win it because he'll get more punches in and they will be cleaner to judge - but the power won't phase Conor enough to cause a TKO. He can gas him by focusing on body shots, however that requires close contact which will be dangerous for Floyd. He won't have the reach for a lot of head shots and Conor will sting him eventually if he tries. Floyd is used to boxing guys smaller than him or around his height and boxers usually box with a tight hunched position, Conor boxes with a straight back, arms forward and his head up high using his back leg to deliver the power, i don't think Floyd will be able to reach him without exposing himself.
Later rounds it will open up a bit more but thats why Conor is focused on an early knock out.

Floyd is taking it seriously in that he's been trademarking TMT50 and other '50' based things but i fear for him that he's assuming he will win it based on his history vs boxers, not a mixed martial artist at the top of his game.

Read today some Sydney pubs are banning it fearing fights breaking out! Haha.

I think what might be a bigger issue than power is if Floyd is able to use the hand injections that numb his hands. i think this is not always allowed under all drug testing rules, they help him get through if he breaks a hand. Floyd's hands are pretty brittle which is a big reason he doesn't go for KOs anymore. I doubt this is under WADA rules anyway judging by the look of Conor ha ha.

And Floyd is giving up reach of course but he knows that Conor will come at him. Looking at some photos of his sparring with Paulie he was coming in throwing a left with his right hand down. That would be suicide against Floyd because if he slips it he's open for a left hook.

Conor is hittable even in MMA, Mendes was landing on him quite a bit from memory. If he can do this then surely Floyd will hit him at will. I'm not completely counting Conor out, he rises to the big occasion every time really and there is none bigger, but I just can't really see a logical reason why he'll win, other than there's something very special about him as a fighter.

And yeah if I was running a pub I wouldn't show it. With the prices they'd be charging you'd need to pack the joint to break even plus there will be punch ons no doubt. The safest place to watch is on my armchair!

You have a habit of using hundreds of words to try and get a point across when a few dozen would do. Confidence will not be a deciding factor in this fight, skill will. If Floyd is 70% of the fighter we saw against Pacquiao, he'll win this very easily.

It will help Conor no doubt. He does seem to be truly confident as a fighter, a lot talk up their chances in the fight game but I think he truly believes he'll win. It may not get him over the line but he'd be no chance if he didn't think this way.

It will help Conor no doubt. He does seem to be truly confident as a fighter, a lot talk up their chances in the fight game but I think he truly believes he'll win. It may not get him over the line but he'd be no chance if he didn't think this way.

So in much the same way Floyd's confidence will help him? It's a moot point as both fighters are going to be confident.

I think what might be a bigger issue than power is if Floyd is able to use the hand injections that numb his hands. i think this is not always allowed under all drug testing rules, they help him get through if he breaks a hand. Floyd's hands are pretty brittle which is a big reason he doesn't go for KOs anymore. I doubt this is under WADA rules anyway judging by the look of Conor ha ha.

And Floyd is giving up reach of course but he knows that Conor will come at him. Looking at some photos of his sparring with Paulie he was coming in throwing a left with his right hand down. That would be suicide against Floyd because if he slips it he's open for a left hook.

Conor is hittable even in MMA, Mendes was landing on him quite a bit from memory. If he can do this then surely Floyd will hit him at will. I'm not completely counting Conor out, he rises to the big occasion every time really and there is none bigger, but I just can't really see a logical reason why he'll win, other than there's something very special about him as a fighter.

And yeah if I was running a pub I wouldn't show it. With the prices they'd be charging you'd need to pack the joint to break even plus there will be punch ons no doubt. The safest place to watch is on my armchair!

Good points. Nit sure what rules this falls under, 8 ounce gloves already changes things let alone WADA. I think the rules are what ever Floyd demanded in the contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the Alverez fight, he's holding both belts and says "this is what i dreamed into reality".
He's the only UFC fighter to hold two belts in different weights.
His confidence absolutely plays a part, it's water torture on Floyds mind.

8 minute mark in this video - "if this was a real fight i'd smash you within an inch of your life within 20 seconds, you'd s**t yourself". I dare say no one has said that to,Floyd while standing an inch from his face.

Last edited:
So in much the same way Floyd's confidence will help him? It's a moot point as both fighters are going to be confident.

Look this is something I don't know much about cause I'm not a fighter but ask anyone who does fight and they'll tell you it's mainly a mental battle. Conor seems great at the mental part of it and it surely helps, I think it caused Aldo to go in with his chin out, he lost his concentration and he paid. Will it happen with Floyd? Most probably not but he is human and has an ego, deep down he'd think Conor has no business being in there with him.

Look this is something I don't know much about cause I'm not a fighter but ask anyone who does fight and they'll tell you it's mainly a mental battle. Conor seems great at the mental part of it and it surely helps, I think it caused Aldo to go in with his chin out, he lost his concentration and he paid. Will it happen with Floyd? Most probably not but he is human and has an ego, deep down he'd think Conor has no business being in there with him.

Floyd is also pretty good at the mental part of the game, a 49-0 record with wins over multiple world champions between 130 and 154 would attest to that. He's faced adversity plenty of times and over come it. How many times has Conor done that? My count is one in a very close decision against Diaz where he spent the better part of three rounds literally running away from him.

Floyd is also pretty good at the mental part of the game, a 49-0 record with wins over multiple world champions between 130 and 154 would attest to that. He's faced adversity plenty of times and over come it. How many times has Conor done that? My count is one in a very close decision against Diaz where he spent the better part of three rounds literally running away from him.

Hey no doubt Floyd is great at the mental game as well. And maybe my example of Aldo isn't a great one, i think the Brazilian fighters sometimes have a hard time separating the usual pre-fight hype bullshit from reality and they take it personally, Wand would be another one. And to be honest I can't think of Floyd overcoming much adversity in his career, basically because no one has landed too much on him. Mosely got him of course, the Maidana fight started off a bit rough for him, I think he struggled against Castillo as well but for a guy who has had that many fights at the elite level he hasn't been troubled too much.

And Conor started off poorly against Mendes and got clipped a fair bit and his fight against Diaz was against a bloke who had finished him previously and was much bigger than him.

I'm certainly not trying to s**t on Floyd here, he should win handily and I'll be shocked if Conor gets up. But Conor truly seems to love those big situations, I just can't completely count him out.

Just got my tax return, i don't gamble but a 27% bonus would be nice. As close to a sure thing as you can get.
Lol are you serious? There are afl games way more certain paying way more than Floyd's odds. You would be a fool to bet on him, mostly because he is going to lose, easily. Floyd is turning up for a paycheck, Conor is turning up to show the world he is special.

Conor will be the calmest, most switched on person in the arena... That's one thing that comes natural to him more than any other, I reckon.

My count is one in a very close decision against Diaz where he spent the better part of three rounds literally running away from him.
Hmm it may have been running, but it wasn't running from the fight. Conor got his back off the cage quickly sure, but he was the first to engage once he got the centre of the octagon back. Every time.

Last edited:
Reading this thread, it's becoming clear why the bookies have taken 80% of the money on Conor.

Realistically, he is a slim chance of winning this fight. I won't be completely shocked if he does pull it off, but that's not where anyone's expectations should be.

Besides Conor's bravado and a 10 seconds clip of him putting work on Paulie, we sit where we were 6 months ago. There is so much value in the $1.27 Floyd is paying.

Conors ability to make others believe in him, like he does himself, is something else. He really is a special dude.. which is why I can't count him out.

Last edited:
Back