Preview Changes: Round 23 v West Coast - Walker and Talia OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

All Cameron needs to do is turn those near-misses into goals. He also kicked a poster last weekend, so hopefully a turnaround isn't too far away. His defensive and tackling pressure is still first rate. This weekend should determine whether he stays for the Finals or makes way for the other incomers.
Fair points. He might well be 'on trial' in tomorrow's game.
You'd think it'd be easy for players of their quality to "turn those near-misses into goals" but it seems to be easier said than done. :(

The most interesting thing about this game won't be the result, but how we react to the result. We've deliberately rested 3 key players with basically nothing on the line, and West Coast have a lot to play for.
If we lose, just keep in mind that Sydney lost their last two games in 2012 and went on to win the flag. Our planning and management is clearly on the Qualifying Final, as it should be.
Yes :thumbsu:, very sensible, good thinking.

The most interesting thing about this game won't be the result, but how we react to the result. We've deliberately rested 3 key players with basically nothing on the line, and West Coast have a lot to play for.
I hope to see the same as the Sydney game. Win or lose it will be about intensity and desire. Sure the intensity might be down a little but there are players playing for a spot. They should be be amped up ( not medically) to bring intent.

And Beech won't be an AFL level player as long as his brown eye points to the ground.

I thought Otto's ankle was pretty bad. Missed 2, so not too surprised he doesn't return in the 1's. He's borderline to begin with. But you'd think with a game under the belt he'd be a chance if someone Tex or JJ misses during finals. Reckon he'd need 2 injuries to get a crack in the back half.

The patented 10 possession last quarter after the result is decided will get a run I'm sure. Hopefully we don't fall for it (again).

I actually think the type of players that have come in is quite pointed.

Hendo was our best on round 23 and was still dropped while Mackay remained and he was in terrible nick. But perhaps these guys have actually learned.

Yes, the Thommo decision was a howler, especially after his return when he looked slow and out of place, poor bugger.
Many were screaming in here when Mackay continued to be selected on mediocre-to-poor form, then dropped but re-selected without a run in the SANFL, but have gone quiet since his last month. It ebbs and flows
CC seems to have a golden pass in spite of dismal form and goalkicking and that might prove to be a mistake.

And he was dropped again. It's gone quiet because he's earning his spot in the 22 on form. Proof that it's never been abiut him bring a whipping boy. It's always been about s**t selection policy and refusing to use the SANFL as a tool to get a player back into form.

Might be a silly question but if Milera wasn't taken with Geelong's 1st rounder they gave us for Dangerfield would he of been given as many chances as he has been this year, his selection this week & for the Collingwood game have been so out of place with our whole selection policy this year

He would be regardless as we rate Milera very highly.

You play the youth that you believe will be stars as much as you can, and we believe Milera will be a star.

It's about putting as many games as possible into him and hoping he works it out too be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of run added to the side Milera, Seedsman, Rat, Cameron, Rat and DMac all fighting it out to play in the Aualifing final

Yep. Looks a dead set opportunity for Seeds and Wayne to push their way in. Especially as Tex was dropped and Menzel has been in good SANFL form. Surprised and telling he wasnt brought in as the forward to replace Tex. No surprise about Otten as he was underdone and also we can be reasonably confident what Otten will bring if he is called upon. We still dont know/cant rely on - what Menzel will bring. Says to me Otten is next forward up if we need someone in finals.

He would be regardless as we rate Milera very highly.

You play the youth that you believe will be stars as much as you can, and we believe Milera will be a star.

It's about putting as many games as possible into him and hoping he works it out too be.
Milera seems to lack confidence in his own ability. So far this year he looks like he doesn't want to make errors or something. Looks like he is always under pressure to perform.
Perhaps he has been given this opportunity in what amounts to a NAB cup game to break the shackles and show what he can do.

I thought Otto's ankle was pretty bad. Missed 2, so not too surprised he doesn't return in the 1's. He's borderline to begin with. But you'd think with a game under the belt he'd be a chance if someone Tex or JJ misses during finals. Reckon he'd need 2 injuries to get a crack in the back half.
The way better option would be Hartigan comes in to defence and Keath plays forward.

Keath will provide the same speed and defensive pressure that McGovern does, similar without being as freakish aerially, and is a dead eye dick shot at goal with a booming kick.

Why wouldn't they say rested ?

Surely he is not legit dropped
Yes, I was pretty annoyed to think he'd been dropped, but found it understandable when someone said it was for personal reasons. But if he's travelling that doesn't make sense. A bizarre omission, imho.

Greenwood's the travelling emergency.
Also, If West Coast beat the Crows, they can knock Melbourne out of the 8 and creep in themselves, so more incentive for them.

Ok guys, I know we've had our differences. We might have knocked you out of a few finals, ruined a few top four finishes, and generally been a thorn in your side. Let's put all that behind us though.

The important thing is- * Melbourne. The second important thing is that if we play Port at AO in a final, we'll knock them out, guaranteed*.

So just rest Sloane as well, sit back nice and comfy in that top 2 spot and don't think too hard about it. Please.

*guarantee void in Tennessee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back