Review Dees v Collingwood: Judgement Day. The Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

This team is just unbelievable.

Yet, I had a feeling that this would happen.

Can always count on a heart attack when it comes to this team needing to put together a good effort.

This team is just unbelievable.

Yet, I had a feeling that this would happen.

Can always count on a heart attack when it comes to this team needing to put together a good effort.
I think everyone did

Good: We have about a 20 point buffer. If the eagles win 100-80 we will scrape in. 100-79 we miss out. I'm not gonna subscribe to the theory we don't deserve to make it because we couldn't beat Collingwood. If we finish 8th we have deserved it. I just want to play a final.

Good: Chances are we now avoid Sydney ,either by playing Port or not playing anyone.

Bad: We couldn't get it done today. I'm as disappointed as anyone but s**t we need a week off. Young players combined with a heap of blokes returning from injuries is catching up. If we make it I'm confident we can still put up a good show.

Ugly: Some supporters comments in the game day thread.

Good: Oliver, Hibberd, Melksham, Lewis, Pedo, Petracca
Still in the eight
Might have done enough for Bucks to keep coaching Collingwood

Bad: No run in first half
No tacking in first half
Gawn's ruck work
Gawn's forward ruck
TMac's kicking
Hunts kicking
Having to wait until tomorrow night

Fugly: Umpires only seeing in black and white

Highs, lows, lows, highs, lows, lows and embarrassing. That is our current position. Nothing changes much.

Tremendous negativity for a first-time poster. You are a quick study, sir.

Lets melt for now as tomorrow we will be back on the eagles loosing to ensure we play finals.

My immediate and completely rational rage thought was; 'stuff it I want to watch the world burn' and thus the eagles win and we miss finals. But I progressed rapidly through the stages of grief and am now ready to see us play finals.

Please watch the following video of me working my way through to a renewed desire to see us play finals:

Funnily enough, I reckon if we make it we will put in a much better effort.

Good
- Trac, he will be a clutch player for us
- Watts and Salem - a little off the pace but good to have them back
- Hunty, mostly good
- ANB and Jeff, again pretty good from both but a couple of really poor moments

Bad
- Jones, I expected him to lift but clearly has scars
- Hibberd, fumbled all day
- Gawn, heck me he has not hit a teammate for a month
- Hannan and Harmes, did nothing

Fugly
- out coached
- Swinging Watts out of the F50 and putting TMac up forward then back down back - we needed Watts linking in which he was doing well in the first half
- In fairness we were unlucky not to get a few holding frees in F50

Good: We have about a 20 point buffer. If the eagles win 100-80 we will scrape in. 100-79 we miss out. I'm not gonna subscribe to the theory we don't deserve to make it because we couldn't beat Collingwood. If we finish 8th we have deserved it. I just want to play a final.

Good: Chances are we now avoid Sydney ,either by playing Port or not playing anyone.

Bad: We couldn't get it done today. I'm as disappointed as anyone but s**t we need a week off. Young players combined with a heap of blokes returning from injuries is catching up. If we make it I'm confident we can still put up a good show.

Ugly: Some supporters comments in the game day thread.
We've been average for about 5 weeks.
This is pretty revisionist.

I just can't comprehend the lack of effort early. You'd think the finals would motivate the playing group but apparently not.

We won all quarters except the first, just let than sink in. Hawthorn game all over again.

I honestly think the expectation and pressure was too much - Jones, Gawn, TMac were all very off.

Goody probably could have been more pro-active in the first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't comprehend the lack of effort early. You'd think the finals would motivate the playing group but apparently not.

We won all quarters except the first, just let than sink in. Hawthorn game all over again.

First quarter was so poor from an intensity point of view. If we started the game like we were playing in the last quarter, we'd have been fine. Teams with nothing to play for drop off pretty quickly if they get behind, but the latitude we gave them early on led to us being smashed. Credit Collingwood, they brought the level of intensity required to win for most of the game.

Funnily enough, I reckon if we make it we will put in a much better effort.

You think so? We've been fairly ordinary for a while now, and if they couldn't rise to the occasion today, what changes in two weeks?

f453e23f42d3d326a04ed0d424cf9b45--wedding-veils-wedding-bride.jpg

heck the veil :thumbsdown:

Good: Supporter disdain for our Phuk-hole football club.

Bad: All of the players mentioned so far.

Ugly: 51 a-hole, campaigner lip, heck face, ball bag, dick weed, soft utensil, lung cookie, poo stain, dirty nappy, s**t head, poopy pants, utensil nose, busted ball sack, burst retina, vomit inducing, hair lip, premature male balding, horrific ******* cold sore, Thai-lady-boy-when-you-thought-he-was-a-she-blow-job, acid tongue ucking tackles.

We've been average since the Eagles game with a couple of good halfs of footy getting us important wins. I'd like to see how we go after a week off.
I don't see how the week off will help that drastically. We basically had our best 22 out there minus 1. We just brought watts back off average vfl form and Salem off a suspension to shore up the side.
I don't think a week off will change half a season of average footy.

Do you seriously think West Coast can win by more than 20 (you still have percentage over them) against Adelaide.

You guys are in next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back