List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing we're looking at Smith and Kennedy from GWS.

If the jungle drums are right I wouldnt be surprised to see something like [Lever + 36] head to the Dees for [10 + 28] and Cameron head to Brissy for their pick 19. That gives you blokes 10 + 18 + 19 + 28 which isnt a bad haul after reaching the G/F.

We give you Gibbs, they give us Kennedy and Smith, and you can sort out the rest with the Giants.

How long before Carlton changes to orange guernseys?

If the jungle drums are right I wouldnt be surprised to see something like [Lever + 36] head to the Dees for [10 + 28] and Cameron head to Brissy for their pick 19. That gives you blokes 10 + 18 + 19 + 28 which isnt a bad haul after reaching the G/F.

We give you Gibbs, they give us Kennedy and Smith, and you can sort out the rest with the Giants.
Yeah.......Nah

Giants aren't going to roll over just for Carlton....other than Marchbank....... Kennedy and especially Smith are a big step up from the previous spuds they handed over willingly

Maybe instead of using that pick on Gibbs we should go after Kennedy and use it on him.

Made the 3 man emergency list multiple times.
Never made the final 22, so that puts him behind the 31 players who did.

I'd also have him behind Poholke and Doedee, both of whom were also named on the emergency list at various times. That puts him as #34 at best. It's not like-for-like, but I'd have Cheney & O'Brien ahead of him as well, shuffling him down to #36.

He'd be ahead of Gore, Hunter, Dear, and our other 2016 draftees - but the class of 2016 would be expected to surpass him next year.

Yeah.......Nah

Giants aren't going to roll over just for Carlton....other than Marchbank....... Kennedy and especially Smith area big step up from the previous spuds they handed over willingly

Club: 'So SOS what's your recruiting plan this year?'
SOS: Well I've got a very complex two part plan. It's titled "GWS and keep Bryce Gibbs".

Never made the final 22, so that puts him behind the 31 players who did.

I'd also have him behind Poholke and Doedee, both of whom were also named on the emergency list at various times. That puts him as #34 at best. It's not like-for-like, but I'd have Cheney & O'Brien ahead of him as well, shuffling him down to #36.

He'd be ahead of Gore, Hunter, Dear, and our other 2016 draftees - but the class of 2016 would be expected to surpass him next year.
Opinions are like....

Opinions are like....
Yes... but any opinion which rates Wigg as being even remotely close to our best 22 is clearly a wrong opinion.

If he was "fringe 22" as you claim, he wouldn't be the red-hot favourite to top the Crows' delistings this year. Adelaide normally does 2 rounds of delistings - one before trade week, for players they have no hope of trading; the other after trade week, once they've failed to offload them. I expect Wigg to headline the departures in the first batch.

Yes... but any opinion which rates Wigg as being even remotely close to our best 22 is clearly a wrong opinion.
How many vacancies did we have during the year position specific to Wigg.....He's hardly going to come in for anyone other than a HBF or an outside mid.

How many vacancies did we have during the year position specific to Wigg.....He's hardly going to come in for anyone other than a HBF or an outside mid.
Seriously? If he was actually any good then they would have made room for him - just as they rested Mackay in order to give Gallucci a game against Brisbane.

Yeah.......Nah

Giants aren't going to roll over just for Carlton....other than Marchbank....... Kennedy and especially Smith are a big step up from the previous spuds they handed over willingly

If Kennedy and Smith go to Carlton for anything less than 2 picks in the top 25, if not significantly more, then the AFL should be investigating what's going on between GWS and Carlton. Something rather fishy going on. No way is Gibbs worth Kennedy and Devon Smith.

How long before Carlton changes to orange guernseys?

Its already happened:

CarltonRespectsJuly13Article_620X370.jpg

Dunno if you'll get Kennedy + Smith for Gibbs. You'd probably need to give a bit more. Not much, but a bit.

Also I'd want more for Lever than that. He was pick 14 and has had 3 years invested into him. And looking at that draft, I reckon he'd go #1 (maybe with Heeney and Petracca contesting) if it was done again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been over this a billion times. Marchbank, Plowman and Pickett are no spuds.

We took spuds as salary dumps (Sumner, Lamb, Palmer, Gorringe) to lower the draft price of the players we actually wanted (Marchbank, Plowman, Pickett).

We got [Plowman (former pick 3) and Pick 8] from the Giants in exchange for Picks 17 + 28.

They would only do it if we also agreed to take Sumner, Lamb and Phillips of their hands (freeing up a million in S/C space for them)

We got [Marchbank (former pick 6), Pickett (pick 4) and pick 32], in exchange for [15 + 45 + 58]. Pick 32 has about the same points value as 45 + 58 so they cancel out, making it essentially Marchbank and Pickett for pick 15 this year.

Again, they would only agree to do it if we picked up Palmer, which we did (trading a token pick of 135 to do it) letting them dump his salary and freeing up salary cap space for the Giants.

Talk this year is we're eying off another salary dump from the Giants to lower the price of the blokes we want. Griffen is a name that has been floated.

lever 1st pick this year and 1st pick next year if they want to pay him 900k then he is worth that. Cameron to stay. Gibbs to miss and we get him for nothing next year. Lets be honest we don't need Gibbs he needs us. If Lever does leave make a play for a backman or a ruckman.

He's uncontracted.

He's contracted till the end of 2019.
Either that or Lever goes in the Draft and on Gibbs soz meant 2019 either way not paying overs for him Carlton had a shot last year and were greedy.
Lever is the next Rance but better so will play hardball and is a GF player at 21 better than Rance at that age.
Adelaide has a very good midfield Carlton will not dictate on this.

So they are picking up Griffin to help GWS free up cap space?

Am I wrong in thinking that about 6 weeks ago, Carlton supporters were sure they needed 2 first rounders for Gibbs because they needed them to get Kelly this year and now they are helping GWS free up the cap space they need to keep Kelly by taking a cooked 32 year old?

and people on this board ( me included) had a go at Reid for being underwhelming last year, my goodness, at least he isn't the GWS cuckold like SOS. Instead of addressing depth issues in the club they have gone down this path of submissiveness, which is what it is, no matter how they try to dress it up

So Carlton make out like bandits and the AFC and GWS cop it up the arse

That is terrible for us.

That is unders for Lever and unders for Cameron. Horrible, horrible.

That is terrible for us.

That is unders for Lever and unders for Cameron. Horrible, horrible.
It's unders for Lever, overs for Cameron. Still horrible what Carlton fans think they're going to get away with.

I wouldn't even do a straight swap of Devon Smith for Bryce Gibbs, let alone throwing in Kennedy as well. Good luck with that one SOS...

Great result for Carlton if he gets you Smith and Kennedy. I'd almost swap Gibbs for one of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back