Watching the Grand Final in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

"4 hour beverage package
Hentley Farm Sparkling Blanc de Nior, Jacob’s Creek Reserve Shiraz, Jacob’s Creek Reserve Sauvignon Blanc, Hahn Super Dry, West End Draught, 5 Seeds Crisp Apple Cider, Hahn Premium Light"

Hmm... what happened to those 'Premium Drinks' ?

Just got an email for the Holy Grail package.

Premium Beverages my ass

4 hour beverage package
Hentley Farm Sparkling Blanc de Nior Jacob’s Creek Reserve Shiraz Jacob’s Creek Reserve Sauvignon Blanc Hahn Super Dry, West End Draught,
5 Seeds Crisp Apple Cider, Hahn Premium Light
As a non-drinker, that all sounds good to me! ;)

"4 hour beverage package
Hentley Farm Sparkling Blanc de Nior, Jacob’s Creek Reserve Shiraz, Jacob’s Creek Reserve Sauvignon Blanc, Hahn Super Dry, West End Draught, 5 Seeds Crisp Apple Cider, Hahn Premium Light"

Yep, reply to the email, me and 4 mates have already sent them one complaining.

Yep, reply to the email, me and 4 mates have already sent them one complaining.

Yep, just did.

"Hi xxxx, thanks for the email.

I must say that i'm pretty disappointed with the drinks package. It was advertised as "Premium", which it obviously isn't. I need to talk to the other family going to confirm, but we may seek a refund here.

I'll be in touch, thanks for your time."

Yep, just did.

"Hi xxxx, thanks for the email.

I must say that i'm pretty disappointed with the drinks package. It was advertised as "Premium", which it obviously isn't. I need to talk to the other family going to confirm, but we may seek a refund here.

I'll be in touch, thanks for your time."

Nice job, everyone else who got a ticket please do the same. See if we can't at least get something a bit better.

"4 hour beverage package

Premium light...... lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ended up going the $99 AO package for myself, my wife and one of my workmates.

My dad, who died 4 years ago, was a mad Crows supporter. I'll be digging out his old scarf which I've had tucked away ever since then waiting for just such an occasion to bring it out.

So if the Crows win, you'll be able to spot me - I'll be the guy blubbering like a little baby into an outdated Crows scarf :p
There sure is going to be a lot of emotion pouring out of a lot of people if we win!

Beautiful tribute to your late father too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"4 hour beverage package

What the ****?

Hang on, this is outright false advertising. West End Draught and Hahn Super Dry about about as far from "premium" drinks as you can get. These are just about the cheapest, sh*ttiest beers one can buy.

I haven't got the email yet, but I will be replying to it when I do.

YES!!! Still not great by 150 lashes is miles above the other garbage.

Thank you for your feedback, West End Draught was initially added to the package after we received overwhelming requests for it to be available

We have taken your feedback on board and we will have the James Squire 150 Lashes Pale Ale available at the event, along with a range wines from suppliers such as, Jim Barry, Wirra Wirra & Ngeringa.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you to Adelaide Oval to celebrate the AFL Grand Final.

Thank you and kind regards,

OK, I just got the email and replied (firmly but politely) asking them to bring the selection of beers (and cider, for my wife's sake) in line with the "premium beverages" that were advertised on their web page and that we, in good faith, paid for. West End Draught, Hahn, Five Seeds - this is a base level drinks package, nothing "premium" about it. Hopefully they'll get enough similar emails complaining about it to do something about it.

If you have paid for this event, please do reply to that email ASAP to try and get it changed.

Also got it...

"Good Afternoon xxxx,

Thank you for providing us with your feed back
West End Draught was initially added to the package after we received overwhelming requests for it to be available,
We have taken your feedback on board and we will have the James Squire 150 Lashes Pale Ale available at the event, along with a range wines from suppliers such as, Jim Barry, Wirra Wirra & Ngeringa.

We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you to Adelaide Oval to celebrate the AFL Grand Final."

Seriously, don't piss on me and tell me its raining. Watch the 150 lashes supply be exhausted within the first hour.

Also got it...

"Good Afternoon xxxx,

Thank you for providing us with your feed back
West End Draught was initially added to the package after we received overwhelming requests for it to be available,

We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you to Adelaide Oval to celebrate the AFL Grand Final."

Seriously, don't piss on me and tell me its raining. Watch the 150 lashes supply be exhausted within the first hour.

If the 150 lashes runs out before the game ends, I vote we trash the room :p But I guess we can only hope that all those people who "overwhelmingly" requested the West End Draught will be drinking that instead of the 150 lashes so it might go the distance.

What I don't get is where these "overwhelming requests for it to be available" came from or how they were made. I didn't see anywhere on the website where we could nominate what drinks we'd like to see in the package. You'd think Coopers would be the bare minimum they could get away with calling a "premium" drinks package in this state. And no, most Coopers isn't "premium", but it's at least a step above the base-level slop that is West End / Hahn.

Maybe they've been burned by a bunch of p*ssheads drinking the place dry in the past or something. I'm really not a big drinker, I might have 3 or 4 drinks max and a bit to eat over the entire afternoon. There's no way I ever drink or eat my money's worth at an event like this. I just want a decent venue to watch it in and have a few good drinks, not a whole heap of bad ones. If they'd just advertised it as "beverages', I wouldn't have been so annoyed. But when you advertise it as "premium beverages" and then turn around (AFTER everybody has paid their money) and announce the exact opposite, that's pretty galling.

Although I haven't tried any of those wines, so I guess if they're any good then maybe I'll just bypass the beer and drink that. Wouldn't feel right drinking wine while watching the footy, though :p

If the 150 lashes runs out before the game ends, I vote we trash the room :p But I guess we can only hope that all those people who "overwhelmingly" requested the West End Draught will be drinking that instead of the 150 lashes so it might go the distance.

What I don't get is where these "overwhelming requests for it to be available" came from or how they were made. I didn't see anywhere on the website where we could nominate what drinks we'd like to see in the package. You'd think Coopers would be the bare minimum they could get away with calling a "premium" drinks package in this state. And no, most Coopers isn't "premium", but it's at least a step above the base-level slop that is West End / Hahn.

Maybe they've been burned by a bunch of p*ssheads drinking the place dry in the past or something. I'm really not a big drinker, I might have 3 or 4 drinks max and a bit to eat over the entire afternoon. There's no way I ever drink or eat my money's worth at an event like this. I just want a decent venue to watch it in and have a few good drinks, not a whole heap of bad ones. If they'd just advertised it as "beverages', I wouldn't have been so annoyed. But when you advertise it as "premium beverages" and then turn around (AFTER everybody has paid their money) and announce the exact opposite, that's pretty galling.

Although I haven't tried any of those wines, so I guess if they're any good then maybe I'll just bypass the beer and drink that. Wouldn't feel right drinking wine while watching the footy, though :p

Haha, i was of the same mind. If everyone wants WE, then the 150 will last. It's just a load of horse s**t to cover their arse, they tried to fleece us and got called on it. There was no demand. My wife will likely have 3 drinks, so when you pay for premium... you expect it. I responded again. I now want to know all the bottles.

"Thanks for the reply xxxx. While you may have received requests for west end, why would that have precluded other premium beverages from being included?

150 lashes is certainly a better option, will your supply be enough though? Which bottles of the aforementioned wines will be on offer as they all have base varieties? I'm sure you can understand the request seeing as we were initially not given what was advertised, especially when we paid in good faith before knowing the drinks.

Now i'd like to know.

Thanks again,

xxxx"

I feel like a whiner, but farrk'em. I normally roll over on this s**t. Not today. Especially considering the "premium" prices they charge us for the piss they sell during the year.

Last edited:
Haha, i was of the same mind. If everyone wants WE, then the 150 will last. It's just a load of horse s**t to cover their arse, they tried to fleece us and got called on it. There was no demand. My wife will likely have 3 drinks, so when you pay for premium... you expect it. I responded again. I now want to know all the bottles.

"Thanks for the reply xxxx. While you may have received requests for west end, why would that have precluded other premium beverages from being included?

150 lashes is certainly a better option, will your supply be enough though? Which bottles of the aforementioned wines will be on offer as they all have base varieties? I'm sure you can understand the request seeing as we were initially not given what was advertised, especially when we paid in good faith before knowing the drinks.

Now i'd like to know.

Thanks again,

xxxx"

I feel like a whiner, but farrk'em. I normally roll over on this s**t. Not today. Especially considering the "premium" prices they charge us for the piss they sell during the year.

So now that our expectations have been suitably lowered, what do you reckon the chances are that we'll be drinking our *ahem* "premium beverages" out of plastic cups? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back