Votes: 16 3.2%
  • 2016 Luke Beveridge

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • 2017 Damien Hardwick

Votes: 91 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

People saying Hardwick have a right to, but let me ask you this.

If Hardwick was appointed coach of Geelong in 2011, would Geelong still have won the flag? Probably yes.

If Chris Scott was appointed coach of Richmond in 2017, would we have won the flag? Answer would be a resounding no.

I'd say Longmire. Sydney is probably the most well run club and their list and talent is unbelievable. His mistreatment of Tom Mitchell was shameful.

Chris Scott was voted by other coaches as the most difficult to coach against, up until this year he's always out coached us. Geelong never did a proper rebuild and I'm not sure he has the list to win a flag, but as long as Danger is around they'll be playing finals.

I'd say Longmire. Sydney is probably the most well run club and their list and talent is unbelievable. His mistreatment of Tom Mitchell was shameful.

Chris Scott was voted by other coaches as the most difficult to coach against, up until this year he's always out coached us. Geelong never did a proper rebuild and I'm not sure he has the list to win a flag, but as long as Danger is around they'll be playing finals.

Hawthorn supporters are very happy at how he treated Mitchell. Was interesting that at the Brownlow night Mitchell was hanging out with a bunch of the Swans players. Clearly they didnt have an issue with him departing.

I wonder if Jake Lever will hang out with Adelaide players in future years...

As for Chris Scott, I think he is a good coach, but he is an incredibly lucky one. He got a top 3 player for chump change through pure luck. Geelong are a far worse team without Dangerfield.

Hawthorn supporters are very happy at how he treated Mitchell. Was interesting that at the Brownlow night Mitchell was hanging out with a bunch of the Swans players. Clearly they didnt have an issue with him departing.

I wonder if Jake Lever will hang out with Adelaide players in future years...

Mitchell was pretty much forced out, based on finals it should have been Parker gone. Between the big 3 midfielders, the co captains and MIlls and Heeney, thats probably 4m in midfielders right there. Tom's place in the team shouldn't have been questioned for so long.

I mean not sure if you are serious. But in general we have some people saying Hardwick is the worst coach and Richmond is the worst team ever to win a flag, how can this be s**t coach and s**t team = flag??

Anyone who holds these two beliefs concurrently is delusional.

Not serious at all but just a bit tired of these Richmond 'pat on the back' threads dressed up as some kind of scientific study (I mean seriously - a thread on who has been the worst coach since 2000 ???)..

I get it though - Winners are grinners at all of that. Enjoy !!

PS: Kudos to Richo for giving the cup and not milking the moment like some others have. Class act.

A bit unfair on Chris Scott here considering every scribe in town has been gunning for Geelong blood since 2010?
I voted "Choco" Williams with Paul Roos second.

I find this all so bizarre.
How is Choco or Roos better? Here is Scott with a weakened side in 2011 knocking over Collingwood 3 times who easily beat us in 2010.
Choco choked 3 years in a row with a great side. Scott just can't get this supposedly average side to the Grand Final.
The list now is his and not many rate it yet he is consistently top 4.
Hardwick has had one almighty year. One! He completely changed the way the club went about things and delivered a premiership. One of the best coaching years I've seen but it is only one year.
If they have an almighty hangover next year like a lot of people expect, all they are is a poor version of Leicester City.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott and then daylight...

Mission Accomplished!

And lol at Clarko even getting a vote, the bloke has won Premierships at every club he's been involved with, Central district in the SANFL, Port as an assistant and 4 with the Hawks not to mention the amount of Coaches he's turned out from hawthorn.

Last edited:
Chris Scott for me. Comfortably.

Was handed a side who, besides Ablett had already won 2 flags in the previous 4 years and made the GF in 3.

Since he was practically handed a flag, Geelong have become perennial finals chokers. Year in, year out he loads for a flag by bringing in talent but never gets any closer because his list aren't cohesive.

2015 it was watch out for 2016 when we get Danger and Henderson. We will win the flag.

2016 rolls around, Geelong fail in a Prelim AGAIN, and all of a sudden it is "wait until we get a better ball user out of the backline."

2017 they get Tuohy. Geelong fail AGAIN. Now it is "we need better forwards. Devon Smith or Jake Stringer".

The fact is, Chris Scott is a horrible coach who is relying on bringing in gun players to win the flag and has sacrificed a lot to get one and has failed dismally.

At the end of 2015, he loaded for a flag. So far he has failed. Dismally.

Yeah it’s pretty easily to replace 12 all Australians without ever dipping below 12 wins in a season. Should have won 7 from 7

Longmire having only 2.2% in that poll right now shows how overrated he is.

Added Franklin and Tippett to a premiership team and has achieved nothing since. Inherited a team with bloods culture and an ability to punch above their weight talent wise and perform on the big stage and unintentionally installed Bondi culture with underachievement relative to list talent and crapping themselves on the big stage.

Bloods culture = JPK type player
Bondi culture = Luke Parker

Longmire was a large part of that club changing resulting in having too many Luke Parker types and not enough JPK's.

People saying Hardwick have a right to, but let me ask you this.

If Hardwick was appointed coach of Geelong in 2011, would Geelong still have won the flag? Probably yes.

If Chris Scott was appointed coach of Richmond in 2017, would we have won the flag? Answer would be a resounding no.

Yes, any rookie coach could come in and somehow vault a team from third into first AFTER losing a two time Brownlow medalist.

Surprised we even needed a coach at all to be honest. Every team should be doing it. Adelaide should spear Pyke and get in Caracalla or someone. They’ll be certainties.

Yes, any rookie coach could come in and somehow vault a team from third into first AFTER losing a two time Brownlow medalist.

Surprised we even needed a coach at all to be honest. Every team should be doing it. Adelaide should spear Pyke and get in Caracalla or someone. They’ll be certainties.
People like to conveniently forget that Collingwood smashed Geelong in 2010 and that we lost the best player in the game as well.

Then explain Mark Thompson admitting he barely coached the side between 2008-2010 because the team practically coaches themselves?

Geelong has now lost 18 players from the 2011 GF winning side and 19 from the 2010 PF losing side.

We've gone from a team where we were guaranteed to drop off after 2010, our "days of domination are over" in 2011 to a team who still consistently finishes top 4 and making prelims with a 2011 GF win added in.

Chris Scott has kept our list rejuvenated, even after losing the best players to ever play for this team.

He also has a 71% W/L record.

Anyone who thinks he's the worst coach on that list is deluded.

Lol at CS getting 50% of votes whilst the faithful point in every direction but their own.

Best thing the Cats could do is plead for Bomber to return with Gaz.

Come on Cat fans admit it, if Bomber wanted to return you'd drop CS in a heartbeat.

Back