• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers did the trade with the Lions, but completely agree, they basically upgraded one of our pick 50s into a second round pick for free while we downgraded our pick 15 to pick 20.
Picks mean different things to different clubs in different situations.

The Tigers just won the flag, an extra second rounder is great for them. We just won the spoon, we want a few high selections (which we have: 1, 15, 18)

Must say I wish Schache all the best, there is clearly some serious issues at hand given the lack of interest and the pittance paid for him at the trade table.

Just an absolute car crash of a thread with old mate trying to back peddle, spin and deflect at all costs after trying to posture and laugh off trades that eventually were far greater than what was received in actuality. IMO the trade week has not gone much better for Brisbane than this thread has. Got way unders for their pick 2 from two years ago and paid overs for a small fwd/mid who is no star. Still think they are going to be a good team in the future, but they couldn't afford too many more trade periods like this one.

To be honest looking at Schache play, and looking how he has carried himself, I am willing to bet he has not put in anywhere near close to his best effort when playing for Brisbane. He has been sulking for 2 years, and hasn't really tried because of it.
Errr... nah, he had a really good first year actually.

Just an absolute car crash of a thread with old mate trying to back peddle, spin and deflect at all costs after trying to posture and laugh off trades that eventually were far greater than what was received in actuality.

Brisbane got what they wanted with the trading of Schache. They have an extra first round draft pick to add to their existing two, AND satisfied the Crows' first round demand for a contracted Charlie Cameron to fill a urgent need for short forwards / midfield depth in the right age bracket on top of that. AND secured the necessary points for their 1-2 Academy players AND are guaranteed of drafting possibly two extra youngsters either with 15, 18 and/or 40 depending where a bid for Ballenden AND / OR drafting 1-2 free agents with their two third round picks.

Of course that's balanced by the loss of a former number two pick and a couple of second rounders. However that's the nature of trading. A price is paid for what you bring in. And of course I never stated that Schache would not be traded.

So in the end, it's a win for Brisbane (three first round picks, the ability to get Ballenden, the ability to draft a couple of youngster/DFAs with at the very least two third rounders and Charlie Cameron) / a win for the Crows (Pick 12) and a win for Josh Schache, as he gets his wish to return to Victoria. (And good luck to him).

Trading Schache or not trading Schache was always Brisbane's call to be played anyway they wanted, as was my main point. And the Lions did that for what they wanted for what they considered in their best interests. If that didn't work out for the Lions, Schache stayed in Brisbane. However it did.

As such, I don't have much reason to retract any point I made about Brisbane's trading position in relation to Schache. Certainly happy with the overalll position Brisbane find themselves in after the trading period and now the Lions would be looking to the draft and ranking their best eighteen U/18 players to possibly take at least two and (maybe Ballenden as well) in late November. If they get three youngsters at #1, #15 and #18 and pay for Ballenden with Pick #40, #44, #52 that would be an excellent result. And if it happens Josh Schache's trading will have been in part responnsible for that.

It might even be the Lions pay for Ballenden with Pick 15 (for a bid earlier than #14), draft a youngster at #18 and two more youngsters or DFAs at #40/44 or even take another Academy player.

Brisbane got what they wanted with the trading of Schache. They have an extra first round draft pick to add to their existing two, AND satisfied the Crows' first round demand for a contracted Charlie Cameron to fill a urgent need for short forwards / midfield depth in the right age bracket on top of that. AND secured the necessary points for their 1-2 Academy players AND are guaranteed of drafting possibly two extra youngsters either with 15, 18 and/or 40 depending where a bid for Ballenden AND / OR drafting 1-2 free agents with their two third round picks.

Of course that's balanced by the loss of a former number two pick and a couple of second rounders. However that's the nature of trading. A price is paid for what you bring in. And of course I never stated that Schache would not be traded.

So in the end, it's a win for Brisbane (three first round picks, the ability to get Ballenden, the ability to draft a couple of youngster/DFAs with at the very least two third rounders and Charlie Cameron) / a win for the Crows (Pick 12) and a win for Josh Schache, as he gets his wish to return to Victoria. (And good luck to him).

Trading Schache or not trading Schache was always Brisbane's call to be played anyway they wanted, as was my main point. And the Lions did that for what they wanted for what they considered in their best interests. If that didn't work out for the Lions, Schache stayed in Brisbane. However it did.

As such, I don't have much reason to retract any point I made about Brisbane's trading position in relation to Schache. Certainly happy with the overalll position Brisbane find themselves in after the trading period and now the Lions would be looking to the draft and ranking their best eighteen U/18 players to possibly take at least two and (maybe Ballenden as well) in late November. If they get three youngsters at #1, #15 and #18 and pay for Ballenden with Pick #40, #44, #52 that would be an excellent result. And if it happens Josh Schache's trading will have been in part responnsible for that.

It might even be the Lions pay for Ballenden with Pick 15 (for a bid earlier than #14), draft a youngster at #18 and two more youngsters or DFAs at #40/44 or even take another Academy player.

You can spin it anyway you like, it's my opinion that you've had a torrid trade period. Given your posting history, you're never going to see it any other way, but...

Pumping up how you've got three first round draft picks as 'a win for Brisbane' is fanciful. One pick was secured from being the worst team in the league which you had regardless and has no bearing in this trade, one was from losing one of your best players that you didn't want to leave and one was cobbled together with another pick (at an obvious loss to you IMO) after taking unders for a former pick 2. Again, Schache was a pick 2 only two drafts ago. You've received a pittance in return and given up more in what's considered a weaker draft to get to a middle of the road first rounder. That's not good...

You've also overpaid for a flashy small fwd/mid who is no star IMO. We'll see how Cameron goes, but he's certainly not a type i'd want my team trading a first round pick for regardless of any glaring needs or correct age profile.

You refuse to acknowledge that you've postured and subsequently been made to look a fool in this thread, are now back peddling and furiously trying to spin some positives for Brisbane (with poor results) and no amount of babbling and long posts explaining 'Brisbane's net result' or their 'call to be played anyway they wanted' is convincing anyone otherwise.

Sorry mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can spin it anyway you like, it's my opinion that you've had a torrid trade period. Given your posting history, you're never going to see it any other way, but...

Pumping up how you've got three first round draft picks as 'a win for Brisbane' is fanciful.

It's not taken in isolation of just three first round draft picks. There's also (as I described) the gaining of a contracted Cameron, the ability to match a bid for tall forward Ballenden easily if it comes earlier than expected and still pick up another youngster at the very least. Yeah sure we could have picked up two good youngsters with 1 and 12, but there woud have been no Cameron and Pick 18/20 woud have been largely soaked up with matching a possible Ballenden bid.

One pick was secured from being the worst team in the league which you had regardless and has no bearing in this trade,

Yep. Never claimed it did.

one was from losing one of your best players that you didn't want to leave

Restricted free agent. Offered a contract. Wasn't accepted. Lions were compensated. Fairly or unfairly is a matter of opinion. Probably about right.

and one was cobbled together with another pick (at an obvious loss to you IMO)

There are only so many list spots. You can't take more picks into the draft that you have available list spots and the picks needed to match for Ballenden could be done with Picks 40, 44 and 52 if needed. Why not bundle 20 and 25 for 15 and get a better youngster and also cover for an early pick on Ballenden (if it comes)? The next question is where does 25 come from?

after taking unders for a former pick 2. Again, Schache was a pick 2 only two drafts ago. You've received a pittance in return and given up more in what's considered a weaker draft to get to a middle of the road first rounder. That's not good...

See above.

You've also overpaid for a flashy small fwd/mid who is no star IMO.

But fills a obvious hole in the type of player the Lions desire (small forward) and was a Grand Final and unfortunately for the Lions a contracted player. Naturally Brisabne would have much preferred to give up 18/20, but the Lions paid a 12 pick and got a Pick 15 back via a trade of second rounders, gained through the trade of a KPF who wished to return home.

We'll see how Cameron goes, but he's certainly not a type i'd want my team trading a first round pick for regardless of any glaring needs or correct age profile.

Well obviously Brisbane were prepared to do that. Rightly or wrongly. And hence they traded in another first round pick to cover that particular trade.

You refuse to acknowledge that you've postured and subsequently been made to look a fool in this thread,

And so what did I actually say in my 'posturing'? Give me the main points.

Last edited:
We'll take him for pick 22 or possibly 19 if that's ok?

When he becomes a free agent, yeah sure. Until then....

AA140416GI0025-e1472523536881-760x438.jpg

Hey Roylion.

You confidently assumed Pick 19 wasn't "FAIR AND EQUAL".

Boom.

Now stop your spin.

Brisbane done well here TBH, I don't see him turning it around. Could be a Mitch Clark all over again. I hope for the kid that he gets his head on straight, maybe bring at home will help. Time will tell.

Morr chance than that flog stringer..
I question schache competitiveness, not willing to play in that grand final and yes I know it was in the second league still a grandfinal nonetheless. Hopefully being back with his parents will help him mentally and get himself right.

I question schache competitiveness, not willing to play in that grand final and yes I know it was in the second league still a grandfinal nonetheless. Hopefully being back with his parents will help him mentally and get himself right.

I question Stringer's character.. the fact the injectors were the only ones into him says alot about their culture. Shocking organisation.

Hope you get a women's team.. that will go well

I question Stringer's character.. the fact the injectors were the only ones into him says alot about their culture. Shocking organisation.

Hope you get a women's team.. that will go well
This is the schache thread. I just hope for schache sake that he dosnt get treated like Boyd, from what I've been told dahlhaus and libba did a number on Boyd. I hope Boyd gets back playing/enjoying footy and I want schache to feel comfortable and mentally ready for AFL. Being with his parents should help with that, hope the kid gets back to his best.

This is the schache thread. I just hope for schache sake that he dosnt get treated like Boyd, from what I've been told dahlhaus and libba did a number on Boyd. I hope Boyd gets back playing/enjoying footy and I want schache to feel comfortable and mentally ready for AFL. Being with his parents should help with that, hope the kid gets back to his best.

Nice continued subtle trolling.. you've been doing it constantly on our board for weeks.

You're as pathetic as the "club" you follow

Nice continued subtle trolling.. you've been doing it constantly on our board for weeks.

You're as pathetic as the "club" you follow
All I want is best for schache. You don't wanna see highly rated youngsters have their careers derailed. Hopefully he fulfil his potential and becomes great, very highly rated still by Essendon champion matthew lloyd. Just hope he puts it all together and stay away from the rat pack.

All I want is best for schache. You don't wanna see highly rated youngsters have their careers derailed. Hopefully he fulfil his potential and becomes great, very highly rated still by Essendon champion matthew lloyd. Just hope he puts it all together and stay away from the rat pack.

You couldn't be any more transparent. Your avatar shows what kind of person you are

Back