• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He bailed on the chance to play in the NEAFL grand final. After that he was gone no matter the price we recieved. I saw it as a betrayal of the club and so did management. Watching him play live he has a pea heart. Doesnt want body contact at all. Ballenden will be twice the player...

On SM-T530 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thank you sir. Like I said over on the Brisbane board he's never gone near a pack.

Dud pick and a bust. Good luck Dogs you'll need it.

I'm not acknowledging anything. A 'godfather' offer might make Brisbane consider a trade is all I'm saying. Get Richmond to make one. Make it very good. Too good to refuse.
As others have said a minimum Top Ten pick. And that is pure speculation on my part sure.

Howeever I do know for a fact that the Brisbane coaching staff rate Schache very highly. Offering a late round pick plus a fringe player is fanciful.
You wanted a godfather offer and a top ten pick?

Richmond: "Just putting in a call about Josh Schache. We're interested and we'd like to offer Pick 16 for you to trade him to us.
Brisbane: "No thanks. He's contracted for two more years. You'll have to do better than that."
Richmond: "We'll get back to you."
You always talk like this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wanted a godfather offer and a top ten pick?

No, I thought it was clear. Do you have trouble with basic comprehension in normal life?

"A 'godfather' offer might make Brisbane consider a trade." A 'godfather' offer would be a top ten pick. I also said a late round pick and a fringe player was fanciful. Did that happen?

It doesn't matter one iota what media pundits Healy, Brown, Dunstall and King or indeed Richmond supporters think is "fair". What matters is how the Brisbane Lions list management team (esentially Noble and Dom Ambrogio) and coaching staff (Fagan etc.) value Schache. They've already made it clear that they value him very highly.
They didn't value him a top 15 first round pick in return.

At least Pick 6 means the Lions could pick elite youngsters at #1, #6 and possibly #12 and still pay for Ballenden by using Pick 18 or later picks. What's the point of trading Schache for Pick 15 if the Lions have to use it to pay for Ballenden (an Academy player they will get anyway with later picks)?

The earlier statement made by a Richmond supporter that "Pick 15 is as good as pick 9 in this draft" is plainly ridiculous. On a number of counts.
Yep that's a hard bargin to pull off

What's Schache is worth compared to a mature AFL star is irrelevant. Schache is worth whatever the market says he's worth.

Brisbane will assign a trade value to a contracted, 2nd year, 20 year old KPF taken at No. 2 in the 2015 draft and if Victorian clubs want to try and prise him out of Brisbane by offering a trade equal or better than Brisbane's assigned value then they are welcome to approach Brisbane and give it their best shot. IF it's accepted then that's what Schache is worth.
Your word's not mine but only worth a second and third round pick. 25/40

No, but I don't expect a club to come out and deny it completely if it happened - I'd expect them to weasel around it or simply not say anything. Richmond was "adamant Schache didn't cry in the interview" so either they are lying or it didn't happen. They didn't leave any wiggle room.
Maybe he didn’t cry and just sobbed a little?

Back