2018 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I really dont like the fact that half the prizes are AFLW. Me personally, do not like the womens comp or pay much attention. So if I was to win (I know I wont), and I got an AFLW prize I really wouldnt care that I had won and would tell the club to give the prize to someone who actually cares. I think they should stop combining both teams. Only make AFLW prizes for people who bought AFLW memberships. I also think they should have seperate websites and social media accounts.Just my opinion

So they are giving away free prizes and your complaining.

So they are giving away free prizes and your complaining.
Im not complaining about free prizes. Im saying I dont fancy any of the womens prizes because quite frankly I dont give a s***!! If I won something from the mens team I would be over the moon and I commend the club for creating this giveaway. Just need to stop combining both teams in my opinion especially with the website and social media

Im not complaining about free prizes. Im saying I dont fancy any of the womens prizes because quite frankly I dont give a s***!! If I won something from the mens team I would be over the moon and I commend the club for creating this giveaway. Just need to stop combining both teams in my opinion especially with the website and social media

3 Teams
1 Club

I’ll be travelling a bit next year so won’t be getting a full season membership.

Would anyone be interested in taking our seats for the year? Otherwise we lose them. It’s aisle 35 level 1 pretty much smack bang in the middle of the wing. Great seats, can also look up and see the monitor with the TV feed so you know how long is left.
I was down in Row C. I'll probably be keeping it for next year. I sat up toward the top of 33 for one game and didn't like having the TV screen tempting me to check the time left.

I really dont like the fact that half the prizes are AFLW. Me personally, do not like the womens comp or pay much attention. So if I was to win (I know I wont), and I got an AFLW prize I really wouldnt care that I had won and would tell the club to give the prize to someone who actually cares. I think they should stop combining both teams. Only make AFLW prizes for people who bought AFLW memberships. I also think they should have seperate websites and social media accounts.Just my opinion

Said this last year and got called sexist

Again I don’t care what people think the AFLW is rubbish quality I have zero interest on watching and am sick of being told it will get better and blah blah. It won’t get better at al they will actually dilute the very limited quality in the next few years by adding more teams.

But the reality is they have to carry it in the men’s page because the interest in a woman’s only page will be so minimal hardly no one will see it.

As I’ve said earlier I wish the girls all the best and hope they can make decent money one day but that doesn’t make it good or make me want to attend.

I met two couples that moved to the western suburbs. One couple are Hawthorn, one couple is Carlton/StKilda. None of them are current members of their AFL teams but last year bought AFLW Dogs memberships.
Regardless of the standard of the competition, having a women's team is strategically important and potentially could be a back door way of growing the men's membership.
We were first which helps. Interesting that other Victorian teams have sniffed the breeze and are desperate to join sooner rather than later.

Have just received my membership renewal in the post and if the pictures of the members' caps and beanies are accurate I think I will donate them back to the club. Surely these are only sample sketches. If not, last year's will do me fine. :thumbsdown:

Received a call from membership and some L2 Gold seat spots have opened up (maybe just singles but not sure). I guess theyre going through the gold waitlist earlier than dec renewal deadline. I was on silver with waitlist on gold and sc as backup.

Miles down on last years figures already unfortunately

Think a few will need to apologise when the reality of 2017 and losing Stringer hits our membership figures HARD.

I met a diehard dog fan the other day that said he has cancelled his memberships because of the Stringer affair. I was literally stunned this man bleeds red white and blue. I’m sure he will chcangw his mind but that shows you the level of emotion involved

Think a few will need to apologise when the reality of 2017 and losing Stringer hits our membership figures HARD.

I met a diehard dog fan the other day that said he has cancelled his memberships because of the Stringer affair. I was literally stunned this man bleeds red white and blue. I’m sure he will chcangw his mind but that shows you the level of emotion involved
I agree that we will probably be well down on last year's numbers.

I was saying as much even before the Stringer affair so it's going to be hard to say what caused it. Those who are disgusted with the club will say it was because of the way Stringer was handled (and no doubt that will be at least a part of the reason). Others will say it was the spectacular premiership hangover and missing the finals (and that will be at least a part of the reason too).

Ultimately they are related events and arguing over who was right about the reasons for it won't fix it. The fix is to get back to playing attractive, winning football and to make the top 4.

Go Dogs! ( and get your memberships in folks )

I agree that we will probably be well down on last year's numbers.

I was saying as much even before the Stringer affair so it's going to be hard to say what caused it. Those who are disgusted with the club will say it was because of the way Stringer was handled (and no doubt that will be at least a part of the reason). Others will say it was the spectacular premiership hangover and missing the finals (and that will be at least a part of the reason too).

Ultimately they are related events and arguing over who was right about the reasons for it won't fix it. The fix is to get back to playing attractive, winning football and to make the top 4.

Go Dogs! ( and get your memberships in folks )

People in here couldn’t accept we had so many bandwagoners jump on that were nerer members and may never be again

Our level is around the 40k mark and if we make that next year I think we have done well.

Post season 2016 will end up being one of the worst periods in our clubs history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People in here couldn’t accept we had so many bandwagoners jump on that were nerer members and may never be again

Our level is around the 40k mark and if we make that next year I think we have done well.

Post season 2016 will end up being one of the worst periods in our clubs history
Certainly a very disappointing let-down from the highs of 2016.

Hope it doesn't match post season 1954 though.
Between then and 1974 we only made the finals twice (56 and 61). In fact from 1963 to 1974 we never even finished in the top half of the 12-team ladder.

To anyone that doesn't renew because Stringer has left the club they can **** off and good riddance.

It’s called passion mate and people have a right to make choices so pull your head in

I reckon we can still get 45k members this year. A bit will depend on our early season form.

It’s called passion mate and people have a right to make choices so pull your head in
Passion to me is buying a membership, if you have the financial means to do so, regardless of the scoreboard,ladder position and playing list. Every year whether you win the flag or finish bottom 4.
And I didn't say people don't have the right to choose, I am just saying **** off and good riddance.
Now that is passion mate.

Err, you being ironic, MD?

No I’m not

Why is it that someone that disagrees or makes a choice others don’t like is suddenly “not a true fan” or they can &@&@ off?

I’ve said many many things but never told someone they aren’t a true fan coz they say something.

The amount of our members that are extremely p!ssed of with the way the club dealt with Jake is alot bigger than some think and it will cause backlash and hurt our membership numbers I have no doubt.

Passion to me is buying a membership, if you have the financial means to do so, regardless of the scoreboard,ladder position and playing list. Every year whether you win the flag or finish bottom 4.
And I didn't say people don't have the right to choose, I am just saying **** off and good riddance.
Now that is passion mate.

So basically handing your money over and following the head even if you disagree with the way it’s headed?

I think you will find that’s called a cult mate, or the Essendon football club

Source?

This is made up.

Source?

This is made up.

Is actually isn’t his name starts with CS

He has a wife, 2 young boys, a daughter and himself. 5 memberships cancelled. I did also say o think he will hanged his mind but it shows some of the opinions out there that people like you just pretend don’t exist

He Lives in Wezza and even has a bulldog premiership tattoo so think what you want I truly don’t care.

You are pathetic. You were offered a seven wager and went p!ss poor soft on it so don’t even talk to me anymore. You add nothing and I suggest thats a evey day experience for you

Oh no wanna bet $5 on it? Hahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back