Game Day AFLW R3: Crows v Dogs @ Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds a bit weird. You normally hear of Achilles injury, ankle sprains/tears or fracture. Tex recently with plantar fasciitis. Don't normally hear ankle dislocation. If that was the case, one would likely get sprains/tears or fracture as well, for an ankle to be dislocated.

My initial reaction was an achilles injury

I genuinely think the last touch rule has hamstrung us awfully. Our play style last year was to just mob the contest, then move the ball forward. We were more than happy for it to go out of bounds and then mob the next contest. If anything, we were deliberately playing with the assumption that the skills in the league would be poor and marks would be dropped/kicks shanked, so we just played for distance. Can't do it anymore.

Now we have to actually hit targets, and our footskills haven't been up to snuff.

That and, obviously, no Erin in the first two rounds, not to mention no Cramey.
I really like this thought of yours. Our gameplan certainly needs more tinkering than be reliant on the usual suspects. Either that, or our skills need to improve by 150% over the next few weeks.

My initial reaction was an achilles injury
Yes, it looked like a bad sprain or a probable tear of some tendon/ligament. I feel bad for Brennan, just as much as I feel joy out of the win. She is one of the few natural footballers that is help making the AFLW a better standard.

Like seriously? Hate speeches?
Do you see how this kind of hyperbole does more damage, and maintains the division more than nothing said at all?

I havent heard so much as a "NTTAWWT" remark in at least the past 15 years of attending AFL games.
That's nice for you. Though hardly surprising that someone who isn't listening doesn't hear stuff.

Oh no people are doing things and existing in society and being happy, I don't like it waaaah.

Where have I said anything against gay people? I just don’t agree with lefties beating their opinion into other people and demanding that others conform to their views. It doesn’t affect me in any way but I’ll defend the right of people to have a different opinion to others.

You’ve actually proven my point by jumping at shadows and having a crack at me even though all I’ve done is mocked the leftist view that anyone who doesn’t agree with them deserves to be insulted.

Last edited:
That's nice for you. Though hardly surprising that someone who isn't listening doesn't hear stuff.

Deep.

Hear plenty of casually racist/sexist remarks still yet Im neither female nor non-Caucasian.

Must just have different outrage triggers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deep.

Hear plenty of casually racist/sexist remarks still yet Im neither female nor non-Caucasian.

Must just have different outrage triggers.

Damn right, you're too tough to be upset by systemic inequality that you benefit from.

So much macho.

Damn right, you're too tough to be upset by systemic inequality that you benefit from.

So much macho.

Yeah well done. You just exemplified everything Roo is talking about above.

Sytemic inequality? Wtf? We are talking about comments, or rather "Hate speeches" made or not made in public at footy games. Well done for reading into that what you have.

Yeah well done. You just exemplified everything Roo is talking about above.

Sytemic inequality? Wtf? We are talking about comments, or rather "Hate speeches" made or not made in public at footy games. Well done for reading into that what you have.

Oh spare us your mealy mouthed attempt to reverse justify. You're not a bully because you're being criticised, you're being criticised because you're a bully.

Let me just remind you guys that there is questioning of an agenda but with tolerance, and then there's questioning of an agenda without tolerance. Sure, there are a few lame remarks in this thread, but I don't really see any obvious intolerances, just opinions regarding whether the presence of a certain flag is needed.
Right now, the answer seems to be an overwhelming "yes". If in the future fans on the grounds are all accepting of everyone's sexual identity, then the answer might then be a "no".

Where have I said anything against gay people? I just don’t agree with lefties beating their opinion into other people and demanding that others conform to their views. It doesn’t affect me in any way but I’ll defend the right of people to have a different opinion to others.

You’ve actually proven my point by jumping at shadows and having a crack at me even though all I’ve done is mocked the leftist view that anyone who doesn’t agree with them deserves to be insulted.

Pathetically dishonest.

Rather than 'it doesnt effect me at all, so I side with the homophobes because free speech', why not the real version: 'I don't want to live in the world where I can't bully based upon sexuality'.

There's no credible alternative to that being your purpose here.

Let's have a run sheet of events so far:

1. Long history of homophobic culture in football.

2. Rainbow crows attend games together with flags in order to create visibility, aimed at letting others in their position know that they do have a place in football culture, that it's safe to attend games, and that they can do so together.

3. Posters on bigfooty decide to attack that in vile terms, comparing them to 'horse *ers'. They claim that they shouldnt be allowed to identify as a different sexuality or gender at the football (ban their flag), and then post a whole range of bizarre attempts to deny the experience of others by claiming that vilification never occurs at the football, a view so absurdly disingenuous that no one could take it seriously.

4. Other posters criticise that view.

5. Our brave freedom of speech warriors supposedly decide that the need to battle oppression places them on the side of the persons who want LGBTI persons to feel less safe, less included. We're to believe though that this is a purely academic exercise, and that this has nothing to do with their desire to perpetrate that ongoing feeling of insecurity and exclusion.

Bollocks. Your agenda is as obvious as could be. And we won't have a bar of it.

Let me just remind you guys that there is questioning of an agenda but with tolerance, and then there's questioning of an agenda without tolerance. Sure, there are a few lame remarks in this thread, but I don't really see any obvious intolerances, just opinions regarding whether the presence of a certain flag is needed.
Right now, the answer seems to be an overwhelming "yes". If in the future fans on the grounds are all accepting of everyone's sexual identity, then the answer might then be a "no".

Yes, thanks for that brilliant contribution.

MORE TOLERANCE FOR THE INTOLERANT!

* the marginalised though.

This is pretty disingenuous.

"All you've done" is say that people should feel free to continue to discriminate against other people on account of their sexuality and gender identity without anyone saying anything about it. And hell, while we're at it, I guess people should be able to discriminate against or exclude other minority or disadvantaged groups without having to worry about "the left" speaking out against it, too!

Can't you see the twofold problem here? First, if nobody speaks up against it, it's left to the very groups who have already been marginalised to speak up against a much larger and more established group. And second, the very thing you're complaining about, that leftist groups are being mean and overbearing, only causes a tiny fraction of the discomfort and confrontation that these disadvantaged groups face on a regular basis.

There is a very apt analogy of someone complaining that they can't water their lawn today because the fire department has used their hose to put out a fire in someone else's house. If you find it a bit of a nuisance that you can't freely ignore the suffering and systemic discrimination of a whole group of people anymore, then bad luck. People are literally committing suicide or winding up on the streets because they are made to feel unwelcome at home, at work, at school, and yes, at public events such as football matches. If you can't see that the merit of publicly stating that there is an inclusive space at a football match outweighs the impediment on other people having their own bigotry affronted, and the even smaller impediment on other people simply having to see that such a thing exists, then you're not trying hard enough.

Last edited:
DWWmY0GVwAEwi-F.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back