Game Day AFLW R3: Crows v Dogs @ Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Actually ;) in Australia, no, you do not have Freedom of Speech. We don't have it. We don't have a Bill of Rights. We have a constitution that does not implicitly allow it nor do we have a Bill of Rights aligned with our Constitution. We do have ability of freedom of expression in respect to an implied freedom of political speech that the High Court has stated is implied in our Constitution. This general idea of Freedom of Speech is easily disproved in Australia as we have laws that already curtail it in respect to hate speech, sex discrimination, defamation, and laws against threatening people etc. Anyone claiming it lacks a basic understanding of our rights as Australian citizens.

Also the picture of the flags was not a "joke", it was a horrible display of bigotry and the poster has doubled down on the 'it's just a joke, get over it' numerous times.
Honestly, I never liked political discussions because it's just not my field. I much prefer talking about foot injuries or other football stuff other than political agendas. I just think it's a shame the girls had a bloody good win, and the past few pages we're talking about the rights of LBGTQ. which is an entirely separate issue to the main thread theme (ie. talking about the game itself).

I don't really want to comment on the specifics of this saga, and I think it should be offloaded to another thread.
However, I'd like to appeal for more gentle discussions, which seem to have been carried on here only by the Colonel!

My particular academic beef is the use of the word "bigot" (in a pejorative sense). This means " a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions", i.e., most of us here on BF. It's particularly ironic that SJW side of the "debate" throws this word around willy-nilly, while simultaneously demonstrating that it applies to them, e.g., in one case labelling the enemy as old white men, simultaneously ageist and sexist! Let's face it: we're all bigots, and there's nothing wrong with that, it just means holding a fixed opinion, impervious to the views of the other side.

Here we go here we go here we ******* go!

Come on mate, context is obviously important here. You wrote about the left "browbeating" people immediately following posters commenting on somebody else's post, and the sole content of that post was a picture equating non-heterosexual people to horse******s. What did you think people would take out of your post?

‘C’mon mate’ I’ve been triggered by you saying that people have the right to think whatever they want to think. I know I’ve taken you out of context so I can get on my soapbox and let everyone know how dam ‘progressive’ I am. C’mon mate I know you didn’t make any comments about horses and gays and all you did was state that people don’t have to agree with the views of the ‘left’ but C’mon mate.

If context is important then the context of the posts made about me in this thread are that I’m a bully and a bigot even though I’m just defending people’s right to have a different opinion than yours! As I said, hilarious. I supported gay marriage but I didn’t get triggered by door knockers and protesters who didn’t. I don’t label people who don’t subscribe to my worldview. People have a right to their viewpoint. Get over it.

By the way, I didn’t even read anything about horse sex etc (I imagine the mods deleted that pretty quick?) I simply reacted to people trying to shove their views down everyone’s throat and jumping on me for pointing out that we’re all allowed an opinion.

Again, where have i said anything against gay people? 'We won't have a bar of it?' who is we? you speak for the board do you? Your outrage is hilarious and everything thats wrong with the left. I say that everyone has the right to an opinion (tolerance) and you TRY AND BROWBEAT ME AND INSULT ME into falling into line with your point of view (intolerance). It amazes me that those who call for 'tolerance' are the most intolerant of all. I haven't disagreed with equality, or diagreed with gay people and I supported gay marriage. BUT, I don't believe that people who wanted to preserve marriage for just a man and a woman should be forced to accept gay marriage. It's their choice to think and feel as they wish.

Who are you kidding?

I nailed your behaviour in my previous post, and there's nothing on show that would demonstrate I miscalculated even slightly.

If you were truly concerned with intolerance you would speak against the absurdly derogatory slur thrown in this thread. If you were concerned with intolerance you would stand with the rainbow crows.

You're not doing those things of course. You're concerned purely with the confected 'intolerance' of having persons told that it's not alright to throw those sorts of slurs around. The horrible oppression of being told that you can no longer bully with impunity.

For what it's worth: I will not be tolerant of vilification: I won't be tolerant when it occurs directly and I won't be tolerant of the persons who attempt to enable it through a mealy mouthed defence of 'the right' to conduct it. There is no such right.

Who are you kidding?

I nailed your behaviour in my previous post, and there's nothing on show that would demonstrate I miscalculated even slightly.

If you were truly concerned with intolerance you would speak against the absurdly derogatory slur thrown in this thread. If you were concerned with intolerance you would stand with the rainbow crows.

You're not doing those things of course. You're concerned purely with the confected 'intolerance' of having persons told that it's not alright to throw those sorts of slurs around. The horrible oppression of being told that you can no longer bully with impunity.

For what it's worth: I will not be tolerant of vilification: I won't be tolerant when it occurs directly and I won't be tolerant of the persons who attempt to enable it through a mealy mouthed defence of 'the right' to conduct it. There is no such right.

Sorry I triggered you. Where have I vilified anyone?

If you’d read my last post you’d know that I didn’t read any slur. But you’re too triggered to read or comprehend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LGBTIQ......it keeps growing.....soon they’ll end up using every letter of the alphabet.

Personally I identify as a sexually fluid gender neutral tea set with an occasional bias to additional silverware. Don’t judge me.

And for what it's worth: the claim that you've merely defended the right to speech is an outright lie. You were attempting nothing but vilification with this post. A mockery of the 'them' that have dared to identify as different to you.

You're the worst kind of bully: the kind that won't even be honest about what they're doing.

People asking questions about LGBTQI causes doesn't make them an ignorant bigot. I consider myself socially progressive and non-judgemental, yet I had to ask a question as to why a rainbow flag and safe space existed. Questioning is how people learn. If someone expresses an opinion or asks a question that doesn't fit your line of thinking, shutting them down hurts and divides the cause.

Anyway, play on!

Yeah, if you ignore the context thats innocuous.

If you chose to lend your voice to the 'why is there a need' (read: why is this allowed) camp in the immediate aftermath of someone comparing same sex relationships to 'horse *******', less so.

And for what it's worth: the claim that you've merely defended the right to speech is an outright lie. You were attempting nothing but vilification with this post. A mockery of the 'them' that have dared to identify as different to you.

You're the worst kind of bully: the kind that won't even be honest about what they're doing.

Yeah cause clearly I was being serious. If that’s your idea of a slur then go find a safe space for a cry.

Sorry I triggered you. Where have I vilified anyone?

If you’d read my last post you’d know that I didn’t read any slur. But you’re too triggered to read or comprehend.

Ahh here we go. Let's go to the cliche handbook. 'Triggered', now being code for 'you're embarassing me, but I want to act like I don't even care'.

Ahh here we go. Let's go to the cliche handbook. 'Triggered', now being code for 'you're embarassing me, but I want to act like I don't even care'.

You aren’t embarrassing me, I’m embarrassed for people like you who get so wound up over every little word or joke or difference of opinion that you go into a frenzy of how dare you not believe what I believe.

You aren’t embarrassing me, I’m embarrassed for people like you who get so wound up over every little word or joke or difference of opinion that you go into a frenzy of ‘how dare you’ not believe what I believe.

Certainly I don't claim to be embarrassing you more effectively than you embarrass yourself.

There's a fun admission in here, were you smart enough to realise it. You keep running this line about 'not believing what we believe', but what precisely is that belief? The only belief being 'forced' upon you here is that it's unacceptable to vilify persons based upon their sexuality or gender.

You don't believe that? Of course you don't.

I strongly disagree with so many of your posts In this thread Sanders and you're being very offensive and aggressive in many of your posts.

Is that the first objection to offensive content that you've made in this thread?

If so, why should you be taken seriously?

Certainly I don't claim to be embarrassing you more effectively than you embarrass yourself.

There's a fun admission in here, were you smart enough to realise it. You keep running this line about 'not believing what we believe', but what precisely is that belief? The only belief being 'forced' upon you here is that it's unacceptable to vilify persons based upon their sexuality or gender.

You don't believe that? Of course you don't.

Ha. If you’d actually taken the time to read all my posts you’d see that I continually state that I’m against what the left stands for. I’m not even necessarily against their views as such but what I’m really against is how they browbeat and insult anyone who doesn’t agree with them on whatever their issue of the day is. But keep up your ranting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back