Analysis AFC finances - Rich Club, Poor Club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Major sponsor though? Which is what they are with us. They are a community sponsor with the Eagles.

They have been Wests Coasts major community sponsor since 2007 - this is a fairly decent sponsorship in its own right, supporting their youth, education and football programs across the state. Its worth noting that three year partnership with Adelaide is for similar programs.

The community-focused partnership will also see BHP work collaboratively with the Crows to support the Club’s ability to provide grassroots and pathway development programs for young women and Indigenous people in regional areas.

They were also a match ball sponsor of west coast from 2012.

Just listened to Pykey talk at the AGM. Clear and confident and articulate. Compare that to Hinkley’s rambling. We’re so far ahead of them it’s not funny.

I wonder how involved Pyke gets with the business side of things, and if he has any input given his business success in the past?

I know he's hired to do one job, and one job only, which is coacht he team to a flag, and that's a massive burden as it is, but the thought does cross mind, especially as you pointed out, the way he spoke at the AGM.

They have been Wests Coasts major community sponsor since 2007 - this is a fairly decent sponsorship in its own right, supporting their youth, education and football programs across the state. Its worth noting that three year partnership with Adelaide is for similar programs.

They were also a match ball sponsor of west coast from 2012.
I believe BHP will only sponsor community programs/partnerships, not sports teams or other ventures in general.

There was an article in the herald Sun I think yesterday that had all the Vic teams revenue from Pokies. It was huge. Also got an email from my SANFL club trying to convince me to vote for a party in the election that won't change the pokie rules. Its really sad our local footy relies on pokies which result in so much harm in the community including domestic violence.
I agree regarding SANFL clubs, unfortunately there’s very few revenue streams open to them anymore. F*** all money from developing AFL players, f*** all money from the AFL, f*** all money from sponsors and memberships. All this while having to compete against two teams with no salary cap and full time players.
But apparently they “just have to get better”, biggest load of s**t I’ve ever heard.

I wondered how long it would take for one of you salties to come over.
Same one who started this exact same debate about rent in the Kornes thread. When asked how much Port paid he dodged the question, multiple times, adding nothing else to the discussion. He's only here to troll so I recommend ignoring him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey did any of you guys attend the AGM?
Was there much info around the esports thing?

I'm keen to see how it's treated from a financial reporting point of view.

Port lolololololololololololololololololololol

If anyone ever needed evidence that Port are a club of nothing but spin.....

They go to China and do millions of dollars in deals and ‘sell out’ a barely, maybe half filled stadium, they supposedly are being deluged with people buying memberships blah blah blah and they post the kind of profit we could all scrounge together. What a joke of a football club.

Just listened to Pykey talk at the AGM. Clear and confident and articulate. Compare that to Hinkley’s rambling. We’re so far ahead of them it’s not funny.

Which technically was a Gold Coast home game too :D

Decent financial result but it's pretty s**t that Chapman has hosed down the possibility of a city-base for supporters to go to.

This is one of those things that goes beyond finances - supporters want a place they can congregate and celebrate their football club and even mix with the players on the odd occasion. Chapman appears to only look at the numbers sadly and not what the average fan might want.

There is an eSports thread on the board. Answers to everything are in there for you

Andrew Fagan said next year they would get a clear financial result on the return there putting into the e sports movement. Fagan eluded to that traditional revenue streams are being maxed out, there no large room to move with the stadium and its capacity and ability to sell more memberships, sponsorship is at its highest for us so e sports is an area that if the club gets right it will provide a new strong revenue stream along with our traditional revenue areas (membership, stadium, merchandise, sponsorship)

I believe BHP will only sponsor community programs/partnerships, not sports teams or other ventures in general.

Yet they are across the back of our guernsey in a big way. And are listed as our Co-Major Corporate Partner with Workskill. Basically in normal terms they are one of our Major Sponsors. Interesting that they are called partners and not sponsors on the club website - http://www.afc.com.au/women/aflw-corporate-partners

Decent financial result but it's pretty s**t that Chapman has hosed down the possibility of a city-base for supporters to go to.

This is one of those things that goes beyond finances - supporters want a place they can congregate and celebrate their football club and even mix with the players on the odd occasion. Chapman appears to only look at the numbers sadly and not what the average fan might want.

The club has polled supporters about this before and the fact is that while a small vocal amount talk about wanting a base in the city, the vast majority are not interested. Most people who go to the game leave straight afterwards and go home. Even with an option of somewhere to go, they expressed no interest in doing so. You have to make it profitable throughout the whole year and the cost of staffing, liquor licence et al make it a huge financial drain.

The club has polled supporters about this before and the fact is that while a small vocal amount talk about wanting a base in the city, the vast majority are not interested. Most people who go to the game leave straight afterwards and go home. Even with an option of somewhere to go, they expressed no interest in doing so. You have to make it profitable throughout the whole year and the cost of staffing, liquor licence et al make it a huge financial drain.

If only we had someone experienced with hotels on our board....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back