2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I think my team is done after about 30 attempts. LOL!

Depending on how Nank goes I may upgrade him to Ryder once he has had his bye.

Not sure whether to go Walters or Mclean and Smith or Petracca for F3 and F4.

Really happy with my team though.

Team.JPG

Dangerless team.

View attachment 469268

DEF: much the same. Brought Savage in as I think he may step up without Montagna in team. I think DEF rookies are gold this year.
MID: no danger. Downgraded him to Brodie (yuck) to bring in more muscle in FWD line. Top 4 confident can all average 110+. Conigs is undervalued and rookies seem solid.
RUCK: risking Ryders bye; think he will challenge Gawn for #1 ruck mantle this year.
FWD: rookies are horrible in this line. JS aside, I think most will score poorly. Have loaded up here with option to swing Sicily back after upgrades.

Sidenote: 2 spots left in $100 cash league for easy money. PM for more info.
Very, very similar to my team, couple premos different here and there, structure good. I think this will be a cookie cutter side, but I like it. Cash left?

Ok I think my team is done after about 30 attempts. LOL!

Depending on how Nank goes I may upgrade him to Ryder once he has had his bye.

Not sure whether to go Walters or Mclean and Smith or Petracca for F3 and F4.

Really happy with my team though.

View attachment 469318

Looks good! Bell and Brayshaw are obvious risks but could pay off.

The loophole question is interesting when thinking about Cameron. Does a non DP ruck who will punch out 30s add more to the team than a non-player who gives 2 cracks at a skipper, especially without Danger. Prob only matters for the first few rounds then holes appear anyway but I certainly wouldnt feel confident playing Cameron as cover and can't see him generating enough cash to trade.

What is his actual purpose

The loophole question is interesting when thinking about Cameron. Does a non DP ruck who will punch out 30s add more to the team than a non-player who gives 2 cracks at a skipper, especially without Danger. Prob only matters for the first few rounds then holes appear anyway but I certainly wouldnt feel confident playing Cameron as cover and can't see him generating enough cash to trade.

What is his actual purpose

Pruess was pretty handy last year...

So was Witts.

Cameron is neither
Only got Cameron because I have Ryder.

Hopefully Ryder goes bananas 110 avg first 9 rounds, putting me ahead of the pack as he is quite PODish at 8-9% (last time I checked)

Ill pick a donut I expect to play later in the year elsewhere

I’m just about sold on this now
Obviously sir Robbie an issue but think I’m going to run him from the start

Attachments

• 5B3E78FF-3F4F-4FF6-AE71-A4BBA853B169.png
    5B3E78FF-3F4F-4FF6-AE71-A4BBA853B169.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 19
  • AA83DDAA-F9D3-4C9C-8B45-51311B2FD35C.png
    AA83DDAA-F9D3-4C9C-8B45-51311B2FD35C.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 15
If he generates 100k it's 100k you won't have

Yeah, but unless you have another player with ruck DPP, you've gotta trade him to another ruck, and then use a second trade to use that 100k gained.
A worth more than 100k imo.

This is my 6th version, (for today).

With 8 players named for the Sunday games we will all be scrambling on the Sunday for playing rookies.

234k cash to allow Joel to Danger at any time plus 45 to swap around. Defence is weak and forwards speculative. Hall usually starts the year on fire so hoping he will make up the other shortfall, and like Whitfield with the change of role. Will see much more of the action.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180313-201226.jpg
    Screenshot_20180313-201226.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 18
View attachment 469347

Think you're the one on the right but I'm sure this is what you were going for.
Going for purely cash in the first 6 rounds. I've made a list of who I would like to trade in when I have the money and have kept 500k aside for glaring cash cows. I think most of my selections have a positive side, even the 500k selections. Avoiding injury once my trades are nearly gone will be the hard part.

Going for purely cash in the first 6 rounds. I've made a list of who I would like to trade in when I have the money and have kept 500k aside for glaring cash cows. I think most of my selections have a positive side, even the 500k selections. Avoiding injury once my trades are nearly gone will be the hard part.
obvious troll is obvious.

i'll give you a 2/10 cause you got a few serious responses but overall its a pretty poor effort.

Ok. Assuming you are legit there are some flaws in your thinking.

You have a lot of midpricers who you see as having upside but if that upside doesn't eventuate then you are left with a 300k player who is scoring crap and is going to cost you around 300k to upgrade to a player on your wishlist. Given most rookies are only going to generate 150k before you move them on it's going to burn through your trades very quickly.

To achieve a team of guns i would conservatively suggest you would need to upgrade 15 of your starting 22 players. Most of us would be hoping to only have to upgrade around 10. Yes you might have 500k more in the bank than most of us but it is going to cost you 5 trades to use that cash just to catch up which you just cant afford.

Aside from that, cash in the bank as opposed to being invested into your best 22 on field is just dead money. It needs to be invested at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back