Analysis Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Better than

Ashley McIntosh Michael Brennan David Hart
Guy McKenna Glen Jakovich John Worsfold

I think not

I’m a little young to remember those guys enough to really compare. We have a pretty damn good defensive system right now with genuine stars. It was the best defense in the league last year. I think if we keep this group together for a while it would give that title a big shake.

That defensive 6 is all time great, across all teams in any era. I believe 1991 was the tightest defence in decades.

Our current side has quality - but about the only change I'd make to that back 6 would be brennan out for Gov.

That defensive 6 is all time great, across all teams in any era. I believe 1991 was the tightest defence in decades.

Our current side has quality - but about the only change I'd make to that back 6 would be brennan out for Gov.

Agreed, though Hurn 'might' be able to press Hart, but I'd still lean towards Hart for now.

Got home last night and booked flights to Melbourne for Grand Final weekend, that's how excited I am about this year. Long way to go I know but even if we don't make it it would be great to be in Melbourne for a GF.
My Dad's got terminal prostate cancer and it's looking like this will be the last season he sees.

Needless to say I've already looked at GF packages. Not sure when I'll have to book them by but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I had tears welling up yesterday when I started to think about it early in the 4th quarter.

To watch the Eagles in a Grand Final with him before he dies would be monumentally cathartic.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

My Dad's got terminal prostate cancer and it's looking like this will be the last season he sees.

Needless to say I've already looked at GF packages. Not sure when I'll have to book them by but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I had tears welling up yesterday when I started to think about it early in the 4th quarter.

To watch the Eagles in a Grand Final with him before he dies would be monumentally cathartic.

*, that’s heavy. Hope they do it for you (and me!).

I'd say book the package now. Grand Finals are usually epic regardless of who's playing would be a great lasting memory.

Hope you all the best/.

*! Thats s**t. Go Eagles!!

Sorry to hear that mate. I've been to a few and I'd recommend booking soon so you have the best choice of options. The packages also sell out before september when a big vic club is up and about (ie richmond). The eagles packages look like pretty good value this year - just look on the club's website.

That 1991-1995 defensive team was possibly the best ever, as good as ours is now that backline was ludicrous.

Least points conceded in a H&A season 1991-1995
West Coast 1991 1532 (least points in a 22 games season from 1970-2005)
West Coast 1994 1572
West Coast 1993 1651
West Coast 1995 1692
Carlton 1995 1711
West Coast 1992 1752

Points conceded total 1991-1995
West Coast 8199
Carlton 9669
Footscray 9856
Hawthorn 9991
Collingwood 10132
Melbourne 10186
Geelong 10272
Essendon 10440
Adelaide 10751
St Kilda 10935
North Melbourne 11239
Richmond 11978
Fitzroy 12416
Brisbane 12490
Sydney 13217

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That 1991-1995 defensive team was possibly the best ever, as good as ours is now that backline was ludicrous.

Least points conceded in a H&A season 1991-1995
West Coast 1991 1532 (least points in a 22 games season from 1970-2005)
West Coast 1994 1572
West Coast 1993 1651
West Coast 1995 1692
Carlton 1995 1711
West Coast 1992 1752

Points conceded total 1991-1995
West Coast 8199
Carlton 9669
Footscray 9856
Hawthorn 9991
Collingwood 10132
Melbourne 10186
Geelong 10272
Essendon 10440
Adelaide 10751
St Kilda 10935
North Melbourne 11239
Richmond 11978
Fitzroy 12416
Brisbane 12490
Sydney 13217
Great stat!!

True but that was on the back of their ageing senior players giving it once last crack and had a similar 22 each week and by mid year they looked tired.

Early days but i feel we have better depth at the moment and it will be interesting to see how we go in the next 3 games with no Shuey. If we win all 3 or even 2 of the next 3 i feel we are a better team than 2015. We still have Venables, Ryan, Jetta & Shuey to come back into the squad plus some depth players in Schofield, Parto, Ah Chee, Vardy ( when he is back from Injury) , Emac ( Ditto) & Karpany who could all play a role if needed. On top of that we have Ainsworth, M Allen ,Brander, Watson and Rotham doing well in the WAFL that they are a chance to debut on top of the other 5 we have given a go.
And also North beat teams that were below them on the ladder, once they played the top teams they got smacked

Our bottom 6 or so in 2015 were pretty bog average and we would have replaced the lot of them if we could. It doesn't feel like that this year. In fact, we're going to struggle with who to drop when a few players are fit.

Our bottom 6 or so in 2015 were pretty bog average and we would have replaced the lot of them if we could. It doesn't feel like that this year. In fact, we're going to struggle with who to drop when a few players are fit.

We also have a more dynamic forward line with a more experienced back line. The mids are sharing the load like they did in 2015 but I feel we are just tougher across the board. If we can get a few B-graders like Archie to lift in the 2nd half of the year we will be hard to beat.

The side is better now

We have more depth in the midfield and we are quicker also

Rioli and Ryan add an X factor we didn’t have before

Lycett is better now and darling has improved

Back