Preview R16 2018 Sydney v. Geelong Thursday 7:20pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what do we think have been the issues with the cats defence? And do we think that Dangerfield sill play a high centre half forward role similar to Buddy, or will he play in the mids? If he plays a Buddy type role, will Rampe go with him or pick up in F50?

Should Hewett play on Selwood?

So, what do we think have been the issues with the cats defence? And do we think that Dangerfield sill play a high centre half forward role similar to Buddy, or will he play in the mids? If he plays a Buddy type role, will Rampe go with him or pick up in F50?

Yeah Danger fwd, destroyed us last year. Hewett to Selwood. Our team isn't good enough to exploit any defence by foot.

You should ask for employment during census time :p

You should ask for employment during census time :p
I've been wondering why there is no discussion about the game itself and the strategies that could be employed. No talk about the possible match ups, whose game to watch, strengths and weaknesses... just dumping on players that we don't want in the team.

Generally, the best way to start a discussion is to ask a few open ended questions... it appears BF might be the exception lol:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been wondering why there is no discussion about the game itself and the strategies that could be employed. No talk about the possible match ups, whose game to watch, strengths and weaknesses... just dumping on players that we don't want in the team.

Generally, the best way to start a discussion is to ask a few open ended questions... it appears BF might be the exception lol:oops:
Well I can’t help. At best I never know more than a handful of opposition players so matchups are a mystery to me. Garry Hocking still playing for the Cats?

Rich coming from Captain McHack over here.
Well done, you have a memory (of sorts). It’s a pity you won’t point out any retractions, apologies or even appraisal that I’ve ever made and what were they...2 years ago? But hey, you saw a comment or two...you’re right with your judgement!

At least they have gone like for like. Robinson for Rose. No impact and Very little impact. Lack of depth on this list will keep on seeing blokes who are not AFL Standard Players being called upon. Robinson is hard as a cats head but comes in tackles his arse off with no impact on the opposition at all because he has Rohanitis. He can't ******* get the ball !!!!!!!!!! Towers has been bagged from pillar to post for his inadequacies but FFS he has given his all to this point in any role he has been asked including a midget ******* ruckman and is more than capable yet he can't get in over Robinson ? Not to mention he can hit the ******* scoreboard. Just GTFO !!!!!!!!!!!

Well I can’t help. At best I never know more than a handful of opposition players so matchups are a mystery to me. Garry Hocking still playing for the Cats?
No me neither. I thought all the experts might know, and then I could look for it in the game and see if I can pick up what they are talking about. I can sometimes do it in the reserves, because they are much more detailed in what they expect to happen with the players coming in... (sometimes).

Oh well, back to the same old, same old...

At least they have gone like for like. Robinson for Rose. No impact and Very little impact. Lack of depth on this list will keep on seeing blokes who are not AFL Standard Players being called upon. Robinson is hard as a cats head but comes in tackles his arse off with no impact on the opposition at all because he has Rohanitis. He can't ******* get the ball !!!!!!!!!! Towers has been bagged from pillar to post for his inadequacies but FFS he has given his all to this point in any role he has been asked including a midget ******* ruckman and is more than capable yet he can't get in over Robinson ? Not to mention he can hit the ******* scoreboard. Just GTFO !!!!!!!!!!!

Towers is in the team...?

Likely Harry Taylor will be on Lance, though Harry did play forward last week (oops a reminder about that goal Harry) (and just back from injury) so that is a win for Lance. Or perhaps Tom Stewart will the 2nd player on Lance's back.
The Geelong defence of Taylor (when in form) and Tom Stewart (perhaps on McCartin as our other tall) and Touhy are their best defenders.
Lance has played 22 games against Geelong for average of 2.4 goals http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1526&SeasonID=ALL#ind) , but did kick 4 in his only game against Geelong @ SCG in 2014 when we did win by 110 points.
I'm excited by Ronke and Haywood in our forward line, crumbing off Lance and McCartin. McCartin (if he does not try *too* hard to impress his Geelong mates) will be very awkward for Geelong defence as they will be the usual Buddy-centric.
The crunch will be in the middle - Hewett will be on J. Selwood, JPK and Parker will be on top of S. Selwood and Ablett. Kelly is a danger. Perhaps Florent on the wing will give us the upper hand.
Geelong will have Dangerfield playing forward at times (with Rampe on him when forward), Heath Grundy will be on Hawkins and Aliir will float across the back line. Jones
Blicavs has been in a moon boot early in the week and as the game is Thursday then I'm sure Sinclair will have his measure. Sinclair with his 50th Swans game will be putting his all into the game.

Boring Bloods by 26 points :p

Last edited:
I like towers in but not a fan of Rohan out, he’s too valuable even if that is only with a few possessions and especially with Heeney out aswell. It becomes too much of a grind when one dimensional average players like robbo, Cunningham, marsh, fox etc are in the team. Because of that I don’t think we will win, if we do it will be one of them unpleasant grinds that we’ve seen a few times already when we didn’t have a fully fit squad to pick from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back