Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond were clearly the better team, and lost because the lads couldn't convert relatively simply chances. The main culprit was George who got 5 points from 8 shots at goal. Is pointing this out somehow wrong?
He also had 8 assists, what if you took those out of the equation?

This bloke is flattered on paper by the fact that so many of his shots miss altogether be it on the full, drop short or complete shank. I bet if it was possible to watch vision of all his goals in last 2 years would see most are Joe the gooses cos fair dinkum any further than 20 metres out my 8 year old has him covered. Think shai was unlucky to not get 2 or 3 games on the trot. Stengel deserves to come in for castagne. Trade him to Carlton asap

This bloke is flattered on paper by the fact that so many of his shots miss altogether be it on the full, drop short or complete shank. I bet if it was possible to watch vision of all his goals in last 2 years would see most are Joe the gooses cos fair dinkum any further than 20 metres out my 8 year old has him covered. Think shai was unlucky to not get 2 or 3 games on the trot. Stengel deserves to come in for castagne. Trade him to Carlton asap
Geez my boy you are going to cop it from every angle now even though you are right in what you have said. How on earth they play someone like that after the season he has put up is beyond belief. Towno was doing more than what this imposter is doing and cant get a look in:( Bolton gets one game and gone? Steggle looks promising and in form cant get a look in:( Higgins even though he isn't kicking goals does more things than what george does and his in his first year.
Anyway what do we know came out of heart surgery again yesterday and whilst laying there and trying to watch i must have been seen things and he was a super star.

Geez my boy you are going to cop it from every angle now even though you are right in what you have said. How on earth they play someone like that after the season he has put up is beyond belief. Towno was doing more than what this imposter is doing and cant get a look in:( Bolton gets one game and gone? Steggle looks promising and in form cant get a look in:( Higgins even though he isn't kicking goals does more things than what george does and his in his first year.
Anyway what do we know came out of heart surgery again yesterday and whilst laying there and trying to watch i must have been seen things and he was a super star.
Georgie is up there with the best, I would rather have Richo kicking for Goal if my life was depending on it

He'll get way more leeway for his yips than other players because he works harder than most and creates opportunities even when he doesn't have the ball. Very important part of our set up and really hoping he gets through this current slump.

Only a matter of time before George gets replaced in our forward line. We are going great guns so can afford to carry him for the moment, but his lack of intelligence, composure and cleanness are a liability. His position is up for grabs for the first ressies player who grabs his chance with both hands.

Only a matter of time before George gets replaced in our forward line. We are going great guns so can afford to carry him for the moment, but his lack of intelligence, composure and cleanness are a liability. His position is up for grabs for the first ressies player who grabs his chance with both hands.

Castanga has been very competitive and gets into great position however he can’t finish off his or his team mates good work.
This has been a consistent trait through out his career.
Whilst it’s not a issue as we are going along very well - MARK MY WORDS IT WILL COST US !!!!

Same criticism for his whole career, he lacks the killer instinct and polish of the best forwards. Love his intensity but he panics too much and always seems to lack composure with the ball in hand.

It gets overlooked while we are winning, but come finals when the goals need to be kicked, Castagna is quite simply a momentum killer.

George plays better with Butler in the team, much the same as Lambo plays better with Prestia in the side. His kicking has been sh1thouse lately but he's still getting in the right positions and getting opportunities at kicking goals. He should come good and if he doesn't....well then Baker and Stengle are chomping at the bit to get a sniff at seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same criticism for his whole career, he lacks the killer instinct and polish of the best forwards. Love his intensity but he panics too much and always seems to lack composure with the ball in hand.

It gets overlooked while we are winning, but come finals when the goals need to be kicked, Castagna is quite simply a momentum killer.
He had a great prelim final and decent GF, I doubt Dimma or team mates would be concerned with him in the finals sides

He had a great prelim final and decent GF, I doubt Dimma or team mates would be concerned with him in the finals sides
Yeh all well and good when the side is dominating, not so much when his kicking basically costs us a game like last week.

In a tight final, his lack of composure with fumbling, poor field kicking and poor finishing could be a liability.

Straight swap for Stengel. Re-watched the game again was putrid again. His kick into the forward line seconds before the 3/4 siren was worse than anything I've seen at auskick all year no pressure no wind no dew and no skills. Pisses me off the favouritism Hardwick still shows. Miles comes in plays well in his only game straight out next week. Bolton out after 1 game. Castagna is gonna kill our momentum in a crucial stage I guarantee. He can take his mate Callum Moore with him too and menadue better bloody lift. I don't care how skinny naish is I bet he'd offer more

His kick into the forward line seconds before the 3/4 siren was worse than anything I've seen at auskick all year no pressure no wind no dew and no skills.
That was intentional, he knew that Moore couldn't take a mark all night so he kicked it to him on the ground and Moore swooped it up easily

Straight swap for Stengel. Re-watched the game again was putrid again. His kick into the forward line seconds before the 3/4 siren was worse than anything I've seen at auskick all year no pressure no wind no dew and no skills. Pisses me off the favouritism Hardwick still shows. Miles comes in plays well in his only game straight out next week. Bolton out after 1 game. Castagna is gonna kill our momentum in a crucial stage I guarantee. He can take his mate Callum Moore with him too and menadue better bloody lift. I don't care how skinny naish is I bet he'd offer more
All your posts on George hilite his putridness, its caled conformation bias.

Despite kicking 5 behinds last week against GWS George played well (well apart from conversion) last night had a shocker but that’s life as a small forward.
If Stengle gets his chance and nails it George might be in a bit of trouble long term because Butts and Rioli are locks and Higgins,Lambert and Sheds despite primarily being mids are also very capable small forwards

Castanga has been very competitive and gets into great position however he can’t finish off his or his team mates good work.
This has been a consistent trait through out his career.
Whilst it’s not a issue as we are going along very well - MARK MY WORDS IT WILL COST US !!!!

I agree, we can’t get complacent here or it will cost us. GEORGE needs some time in the twos to find some form, make him earn his place back for the finals if he is up for it. Had we had Lloyd instead vs gws we would’ve clocked up a win.

Back