Preview Rd19 2018 Richmond v Collingwood - The End of Days, Infinite Regression & the Protestant Reformation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clever but no cigar. This constant Richmond response to our annoying but fact based insistence that we have been absolute hammered by injuries is out of control. You can hit your calculator button and quote the theory of relativity and the facts remain the same. Let me explain why your analysis is so misleading. Players like Simon Prestigiacomo never won a Copeland and I think he may have failed to win more than a handful of Brownlow votes in his career. He got one vote in 2009 when we played in a preliminary final and he was our best and most important defender usually taking on Nick Reiwoldt and Tom Hawkins. Losing him completely upset our team structure and chances of winning against sides with big key forwards. How many Copelands did he win? Zero. How many top ten finishes? In the year we won the flag Presti came 23rd in our Copeland trophy, yet it was only injury that prevented him from being a premiership player with a crucial role in our flag. Going by your logic you would claim Presti was not best 22 and an insignificant loss given his raw stats in voting competitions.

Dunn, Reid, Goldsack and Moore have all missed a significant amount of footy this year-much of the time three and sometimes four of them have been missing at the same time. When this is raised you get the ignorant rubbish about them being spuds and duds or not best 22. Each of these players was absolutely best 22 at the start of this season. The fact that lesser lights have stood up in no way invalidates the fact that we have been devastated by injury to key position players. Opposition fans often underestimate all but the most prominent in other teams. Goldy had a sensational season in 2018, yet is routinely dismissed as a hack by many outside of Collingwood.

You then throw in the likes of Varcoe, Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Wells, Aish, DeGoey , Broomhead and Elliott and understand that all of these players have missed huge chunks of the year (Adams only three I think) and you can see what an impact this has on your midfield. Elliott 18 weeks, Varcoe 8 weeks, Treloar 10 weeks at least, Aish over ten weeks, Wells the season, Greenwood over ten weeks, Broomhead the season, DeGoey a minimum of six weeks-again many missing at the same time, you can begin to see the havoc such an accumulation of injuries has upon a team.
With all due respect, instead of whinging and bitching and pissing and moaning about your injuries how about you petition your club to bloody well do something about your second rate medical and conditioning department! Just an idea.

Just bloody well be happy that you have the depth to make it to third with an injury ravaged side, more than anyone can say about teams like GWS, Gold Coast and Adelaide.

Good day and enjoy the game tomorrow.

Clever but no cigar. This constant Richmond response to our annoying but fact based insistence that we have been absolute hammered by injuries is out of control. You can hit your calculator button and quote the theory of relativity and the facts remain the same. Let me explain why your analysis is so misleading. Players like Simon Prestigiacomo never won a Copeland and I think he may have failed to win more than a handful of Brownlow votes in his career. He got one vote in 2009 when we played in a preliminary final and he was our best and most important defender usually taking on Nick Reiwoldt and Tom Hawkins. Losing him completely upset our team structure and chances of winning against sides with big key forwards. How many Copelands did he win? Zero. How many top ten finishes? In the year we won the flag Presti came 23rd in our Copeland trophy, yet it was only injury that prevented him from being a premiership player with a crucial role in our flag. Going by your logic you would claim Presti was not best 22 and an insignificant loss given his raw stats in voting competitions.

Dunn, Reid, Goldsack and Moore have all missed a significant amount of footy this year-much of the time three and sometimes four of them have been missing at the same time. When this is raised you get the ignorant rubbish about them being spuds and duds or not best 22. Each of these players was absolutely best 22 at the start of this season. The fact that lesser lights have stood up in no way invalidates the fact that we have been devastated by injury to key position players. Opposition fans often underestimate all but the most prominent in other teams. Goldy had a sensational season in 2017, yet is routinely dismissed as a hack by many outside of Collingwood.

You then throw in the likes of Varcoe, Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Wells, Aish, DeGoey , Broomhead and Elliott and understand that all of these players have missed huge chunks of the year (Adams only three I think) and you can see what an impact this has on your midfield. Elliott 18 weeks, Varcoe 8 weeks, Treloar 10 weeks at least, Aish over ten weeks, Wells the season, Greenwood over ten weeks, Broomhead the season, DeGoey a minimum of six weeks-again many missing at the same time, you can begin to see the havoc such an accumulation of injuries has upon a team.

So what you are saying is that regardless of the result tomorrow , it will be a moral victory for the magpies ?

And that you have injuries

With all due respect, instead of whinging and bitching and pissing and moaning about your injuries how about you petition your club to bloody well do something about your second rate medical and conditioning department! Just an idea.

Just bloody well be happy that you have the depth to make it to third with an injury ravaged side, more than anyone can say about teams like GWS, Gold Coast and Adelaide.

Good day and enjoy the game tomorrow.

Sitting 3rd due to a cushy draw make no mistake of that

Sitting 3rd due to a cushy draw make no mistake of that
Maybe so but even with a cushy draw they wouldn’t have gotten as far as they have without depth.

I’m just sick of hearing about their injuries, sounds like they’re already making excuses.

Maybe so but even with a cushy draw they wouldn’t have gotten as far as they have without depth.

I’m just sick of hearing about their injuries, sounds like they’re already making excuses.

Plus they count Blair as amongst their injured who wouldnt get a game in our Vfl side:drunk:

Dunn, Reid, Goldsack and Moore have all missed a significant amount of footy this year-much of the time three and sometimes four of them have been missing at the same time. When this is raised you get the ignorant rubbish about them being spuds and duds or not best 22. Each of these players was absolutely best 22 at the start of this season. The fact that lesser lights have stood up in no way invalidates the fact that we have been devastated by injury to key position players. Opposition fans often underestimate all but the most prominent in other teams. Goldy had a sensational season in 2017, yet is routinely dismissed as a hack by many outside of Collingwood.

Your post was just going around in circles, nothing new there, and DeGooey hasnt missed a "big chunk" of the season only the first three games, and remind me again why he missed them? What was the injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries, fixturing and draws... uncontrollables and not worth talking about.
All I know is that it’s two huge clubs in good form and having good seasons shaping up to play the biggest game of the season in front of near on 100,000 on a Saturday afternoon.Glorious
Yet others who’s teams can’t keep up discuss changing the game all week to bring teams like this back to the field.
A game like this and numbers like this once meant the game is in great shape, television and the muppets on it though own the game now.

Noises coming from the club and the feeling leading up to it remind me of the Essendon game.

Caddy said after the Dreamtime game they really set themselves to make a statement in that match. The game was over by quarter time and we pulled their pants down to the tune of 71 points - with us coasting through the final quarter.

I recall Jack talking about the Collingwood game a couple of weeks ago how the club had that match ‘circled in the calendar’ before quickly checking himself and reverting back to the usual ‘but we don’t take it more than one week at a time’.

Make no mistake, we’ve placed a marker on Collingwood’s back - we’re coming for them tomorrow.

Knock knock

Who's there?

Interrupting cow

Interru...
PIES HAVE INJURIES

Noises coming from the club and the feeling leading up to it remind me of the Essendon game.

Caddy said after the Dreamtime game they really set themselves to make a statement in that match. The game was over by quarter time and we pulled their pants down to the tune of 71 points - with us coasting through the final quarter.

I recall Jack talking about the Collingwood game a couple of weeks ago how the club had that match ‘circled in the calendar’ before quickly checking himself and reverting back to the usual ‘but we don’t take it more than one week at a time’.

Make no mistake, we’ve placed a marker on Collingwood’s back - we’re coming for them tomorrow.
You could tell last week the focus was already on this game. That game was done by qtr time an then we powered down to 40% and cruised home

Wouldnt be surprised if DeGooey isnt even injured, Bucks is just protecting him from Grimes and doesnt want him sussing him out before a possible finals match up . Bucks didnt sound to convincing when announcing he was out.

Na a loss tomorrow can send them into a downward spiral so no chance they’d risk that

What's the joke about knowing if someone is a vegan? With the response, don't worry they'll tell you.

It's basically that with Pies have injuries.

They're a joke. Their strength and conditioning is bad but they wear it like a badge of honour. No mate, your club is a s**t truck. If you weren't a s**t truck you might actually have done something the past 5 years. Be happy with where you are now but don't forgive your s**t truck of a club for mismanaging your players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back