Preview Rd19 2018 Richmond v Collingwood - The End of Days, Infinite Regression & the Protestant Reformation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the entry point for mcg parking? Only says gate 5 and 6 etc wheres that?
Both Punt Rd gates open at 10.30. If you can get there early and watch the VFL at 10.45 and you'll get a park
Make sure you have car insurance.We are playing the Pies.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion. Reckon us Pie fans are rapt with how the season has turned out so far but we are a mile off your team. Tomorrow will be exciting with two local traditional sides and a massive crowd but lets no kid ourselves about the class difference. I would say one average to good side v one really good side is the truth of it.

Any objective look at this would say its the current best side v a side who should be ranked around 6-10. We have had a great draw and maximised that. Cant see a win tomorrow but if we want to round out this season we need to beat Syd or PA in the weeks ahead.

As it stands we have had 11 matches against the bottom 9 sides for 11 wins but only 6 matches against the top 9 sides for 1 win. Our ladder position currently flatters us. We clearly did better against the top 9 sides in 2017 than we have this year so that leaves a question mark about how much of the apparent improvement is real.

Agree with the idea this game is mainly hype. The difference between the sides is big. Pies could surprise but realistically that's long odds.
In all seriousness you guys are tracking well.Very simular despite the messages from Buckley early on.Your game is exactly built in the same fashion as ours.Pressure.

In all seriousness you guys are tracking well.Very simular despite the messages from Buckley early on.Your game is exactly built in the same fashion as ours.Pressure.
Not sure about that. Our draw is so out of balance and we have maxed out against the bottom sides that we are getting sold we are better.

People forget about the draw. I look to 2017 and think our best games there were clearly better than our best this year and our worst games this year are worse than our worst games of 2017. Hard to know if we are really much improved

Not sure about that. Our draw is so out of balance and we have maxed out against the bottom sides that we are getting sold we are better.

People forget about the draw. I look to 2017 and think our best games there were clearly better than our best this year and our worst games this year are worse than our worst games of 2017. Hard to know if we are really much improved

We can help you with your assessment in less than 24 hours. Most teams try not to look at 4th quarters too much. It scares them.

Good luck tomorrow!

Top 8 Sides Colonwood has beaten = Melbourne and GWS (when their whole list was injured).
Top 8 Sides that have beaten colonwood - WCE, Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond. Three more to play in 5 games.
Most of Lollingwoods wins = Carl (twice), Suns, St Kilda, Freo, Crows..

Colonwood will be playing Us, Sydney and Port. More than likely, all three games will be losses. Saturday's result will only be the start of wiping that smirk off their face.

Incorrect, this never happened. They have only beaten 1 side in the top 8 which is Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a real feeling we are going to wipe the floor with them. Very rare for me to feel that way too.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion. Reckon us Pie fans are rapt with how the season has turned out so far but we are a mile off your team. Tomorrow will be exciting with two local traditional sides and a massive crowd but lets no kid ourselves about the class difference. I would say one average to good side v one really good side is the truth of it.

Any objective look at this would say its the current best side v a side who should be ranked around 6-10. We have had a great draw and maximised that. Cant see a win tomorrow but if we want to round out this season we need to beat Syd or PA in the weeks ahead.

As it stands we have had 11 matches against the bottom 9 sides for 11 wins but only 6 matches against the top 9 sides for 1 win. Our ladder position currently flatters us. We clearly did better against the top 9 sides in 2017 than we have this year so that leaves a question mark about how much of the apparent improvement is real.

Agree with the idea this game is mainly hype. The difference between the sides is big. Pies could surprise but realistically that's long odds.
I’m trying not to get sucked in to your Ali v Foreman rope a dope thing as things can change very quickly. We all know, especially us Tigers that this time last year we would have given our left nut for one final win let alone the whole box and dice. If your thereabouts, your a chance. May the best side win tomorrow and here’s to more fun when the whips are cracking.

I've got a feeling towner is gonna do the same thing as last year. 4 goals tomorrow and he will stay in the side for the rest of the year

Had a look at last years top 10 B&F for both sides and those players who have missed this year through injury.

Jamie Elliot finished 9th and hasn't played a game so i left him out, so if i divide the remaining pie players and games by 9 they average 15.4 games with 4 playing every game. Tiges top 10 average 14.7 games and only 3 have played every game.
Pies do have a bigger injury list but they are botom tier or injury prone players (like Wells)
(Rioli was 12th and wasnt included)

Clever but no cigar. This constant Richmond response to our annoying but fact based insistence that we have been absolute hammered by injuries is out of control. You can hit your calculator button and quote the theory of relativity and the facts remain the same. Let me explain why your analysis is so misleading. Players like Simon Prestigiacomo never won a Copeland and I think he may have failed to win more than a handful of Brownlow votes in his career. He got one vote in 2009 when we played in a preliminary final and he was our best and most important defender usually taking on Nick Reiwoldt and Tom Hawkins. Losing him completely upset our team structure and chances of winning against sides with big key forwards. How many Copelands did he win? Zero. How many top ten finishes? In the year we won the flag Presti came 23rd in our Copeland trophy, yet it was only injury that prevented him from being a premiership player with a crucial role in our flag. Going by your logic you would claim Presti was not best 22 and an insignificant loss given his raw stats in voting competitions.

Dunn, Reid, Goldsack and Moore have all missed a significant amount of footy this year-much of the time three and sometimes four of them have been missing at the same time. When this is raised you get the ignorant rubbish about them being spuds and duds or not best 22. Each of these players was absolutely best 22 at the start of this season. The fact that lesser lights have stood up in no way invalidates the fact that we have been devastated by injury to key position players. Opposition fans often underestimate all but the most prominent in other teams. Goldy had a sensational season in 2017, yet is routinely dismissed as a hack by many outside of Collingwood.

You then throw in the likes of Varcoe, Treloar, Adams, Greenwood, Wells, Aish, DeGoey , Broomhead and Elliott and understand that all of these players have missed huge chunks of the year (Adams only three I think) and you can see what an impact this has on your midfield. Elliott 18 weeks, Varcoe 8 weeks, Treloar 10 weeks at least, Aish over ten weeks, Wells the season, Greenwood over ten weeks, Broomhead the season, DeGoey a minimum of six weeks-again many missing at the same time, you can begin to see the havoc such an accumulation of injuries has upon a team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back