Unofficial Preview Port V West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast by 35.
Dont think so man we are up against it. We can deal with no Nic nat as Lycett is actually a decent ruckman. Kennedy will come back for the last two games and finals. But we have Jack Darling. The one that is the killer blow is Gaff, our midfield is pretty average without him

We can and must beat beat WCE this weekend. No ifs or buts! If we can't, then what's the point of even aiming for the finals ... Just to make the numbers!

We will beat them, and beat them well.

I despise this mob. At least im not copping much here in WA thanks to Gaff, but it will come.
Please beat this mob, Ports
Feelings are mutual

Port is right up near top of list of teams I take most pleasure in beating, seeing we beat Freo and hopefully port next, would be a quinella

But if these was ever a time for Port to stand up and beat us, this should be it

Must admit I watched the elimination final last night, so I'm still grinning like shuey!!

Best of luck

Last edited:
Feelings are mutual (port is right up near top of list of teams I take most pleasure in beating, seeing we beat Freo and next port, would be a quinella)
But if these ever a time for Port to stand up a beat us, this should be it (Must admit I watched the elimination final last night, so I'm still grinning like shuey)
Best of luck

Last year we were lucky enough to watch the tigers beat the crows in a grandfinal.

This year, if we're not there (highly likely), and you guys do make it to the big one (likely), it will be fun watching the tigers smash the 'crows of the west'.

Feelings are mutual (port is right up near top of list of teams I take most pleasure in beating, seeing we beat Freo and next port, would be a quinella)
But if these ever a time for Port to stand up and beat us, this should be it (Must admit I watched the elimination final last night, so I'm still grinning like shuey)
Best of luck

*Gives a standing ovation*

Last year we were lucky enough to watch the tigers beat the crows in a grandfinal.

This year, if we're not there (highly likely), and you guys do make it to the big one (likely), it will be fun watching the tigers smash the 'crows of the west'.
I'm not that confident we will make it, but if we do, your probably right about Richmond smashing us , in fact they would rather play us then Geelong or GWS at moment, whom I see as their biggest threat

Not sure if my port mate is trolling or not but he reckon Eagles are after a Port star. He doesn't know who it is>
Any of you guys know it is?

I don't think its a star but i reckon it might be Frampton.

It will be pleasing not to see Gaff running around in acres of space picking up 40 disposals this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if my port mate is trolling or not but he reckon Eagles are after a Port star. He doesn't know who it is>

Besides Polec, none of our "stars" are uncontracted and free to move. Could be Frampton, but then he is just a "flickering candle" atm!

Maybe they are chasing him because they know they are losing Lycett to us! :p

Ahh the wa version of the tingles.
They’ve had a pretty rough week, let’s keep sticking the boot in.
* them.
Gotta win this Prots!

Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with Lycett, traded out Frampton and put all our eggs in one basket like we've done with Ryder.

I thought the same, but without NN, Kennedy and Shuey a couple of weeks ago they were a trash blaze only capable of kicking 6 goals against North.
Yes, we got smashed! Awful game.
A freezing cold day, travel to Hobart, skinny oval, the Roos have the wood on us a bit like us at AO..
No rational answer but we don't do well down there?
After the Gaff distraction, we're not sure which Eagles will rock up at AO -
a vulnerable outfit or a galvanised one...?
Gaff is a big loss (JK not so much-we've gained crumbers) but Sheed, AhChee and Ainsworth may
come in to replace him.
It does seem an opportune time to knock us off..depending on which team turns up?
Expecting a close game in wet conditions, always exciting contest between two good sides!

Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with Lycett, traded out Frampton and put all our eggs in one basket like we've done with Ryder.
If we trade out Frampton then we probs would have to keep Ladhams around for another year and have Lycett, Ryder, Hayes and Ladhams as our ruck pecking order.

If we trade out Frampton then we probs would have to keep Ladhams around for another year and have Lycett, Ryder, Hayes and Ladhams as our ruck pecking order.

Do you see Ladhams as having an impact in the future?

Yes, we got smashed! Awful game.
A freezing cold day, travel to Hobart, skinny oval, the Roos have the wood on us a bit like us at AO..
No rational answer but we don't do well down there?
After the Gaff distraction, we're not sure which Eagles will rock up at AO -
a vulnerable outfit or a galvanised one...?
Gaff is a big loss (JK not so much-we've gained crumbers) but Sheed, AhChee and Ainsworth may
come in to replace him.
It does seem an opportune time to knock us off..depending on which team turns up?
Expecting a close game in wet conditions, always exciting contest between two good sides!

A huge part of it was Cunnington, Higgins and Goldstein going full thermonuclear conflagration all at once, which rarely happens (all three are part of my perennially-hosed UF team, so like that lass in the motion picture Hostel, I keep an eye out).

To the point, there's no reason why we couldn't expect the same level of simultaneous dominance from say, Ryder-Wines-Wingard, but as with every other time you've visited us, there's every chance that it won't translate to the scoreboard.

I reckon something to counteract the low TOG percentage times for the guys in the middle is to throw them around the ground more rather than sticking them on the bench for long periods.

When these guys are not in the middle.
Swapping Boak and Powell-Pepper at half forward to the middle.
Rockliff in the joe the goose forward role.
Swapping Wingard and Robbie Gray from small forward to middle.
Ebert down back and at half forward.
Ryder up forward.
As for Wines, he can just stay in the middle until he feels he needs a rest and then go to the bench.
They are slow. Thats the problem and why we need Polec.

Why would anyone want Frampton? He is rated a worse ruck than Westhoff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back