Preview Changes for R22 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep im happy to bring someone in for Venables.. i see people on the Allen and Waterman boat..

Well how about Brayshaw in to play on Brayshaw.

I would be loath to drop Vennables.He gave us some serious grunt against Freo.Quiet last week but we are at home and we need pace.Melbourne have performed very well over here last two years and will have a point to prove.We are coming off a very big high and need to be wary of an emotional letdown.

Hogan out for Demons with Hibberd and Melksham likely ins.

Their line up will be something like:-
upload_2018-8-14_14-7-23.png

For us, some questions.
1. Does Jack need another permanent target up front - if so, do we add an Allen, Brander or Waterman
2. Do we add some grunt in midfield - then Ainsworth
3. Do we need speed - then Petrucelle

4. Di we need to mess up with Angus and his emotions - then .......
upload_2018-8-14_14-11-22.png

Yep im happy to bring someone in for Venables.. i see people on the Allen and Waterman boat..

Well how about Brayshaw in to play on Brayshaw.

What if our Brayshaw punched hi brother Brayshaw in the face and broke his jaw?
Is it a family fued or would we be still be accused of having a bad culture? :think:

As much as i'd like to, i don't think we can carry Venables any longer. Think this week was probably it for me.

Save the tears Thorne, he hasn't been inconsistent at all, in fact he's been fairly consistent actually and therein lies the problem. He hasn't really built.

It looks like he's got a bright future ahead of him, and i like exposing kids (herp derp) to AFL level more than most on here but that doesn't mean they get a permanent free pass with their output. Doesn't set a very good example for other young players in the WAFL.

1 goal in the past 6 weeks. 9 touches, 3 marks and 2 tackles a game. You can't carry that consistent output from a player into a finals series IMO

That being said ^ unfortunately i don't think there's even a clear replacement for him (JK aside) if he was to be dropped. He's been part of our line up for the majority of the season playing that role, it would be an odd thing to do, leaving him out and changing up our forward mix at this stage of the year

Maybe we do just need to keep carrying him? :shrug:
Replace him with Waterman. If not, load up the midfield.

Venables was playing as the deepest forward at times on Saturday and had a key defender on him for much of the match.

If that's the role he's going to be expected to play, I think there's much better guys suited to it. Waterman and both Allens are top of the list.

Venables was playing as the deepest forward at times on Saturday and had a key defender on him for much of the match.

If that's the role he's going to be expected to play, I think there's much better guys suited to it. Waterman and both Allens are top of the list.
My thoughts exactly. The kid looks lost as a lead up forward target. His defensive pressure has dropped off too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually worried alot knowing top 2 on the line

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

21de1d00181a4db946a5e0a4e6f37906.gif

Hogan out for Demons with Hibberd and Melksham likely ins.

Their line up will be something like:-
View attachment 543109

For us, some questions.
1. Does Jack need another permanent target up front - if so, do we add an Allen, Brander or Waterman
2. Do we add some grunt in midfield - then Ainsworth
3. Do we need speed - then Petrucelle

4. Di we need to mess up with Angus and his emotions - then .......
View attachment 543112

2 good ins for them. I would like to see Oscar in up forward for some more flexibility as he can play anywhere to fill needs - him or Mallen. The latter can give midfield grunt as well if the coaches think we need it. The dees have a strong unit of a midfield.

They dont have Viney who is one player in their team that can lift them...

WC players will know that if they win this week they can dial it back a bit the following week knowing top 2 is sown up. Trust me the team will have belief after last week!
That’s dangerous thinking though. Should be looking to win both no matter what happens this week. Last time we knew there was a week off coming we cruised nearly gave up a 40 point lead and went on our worst run of the season after the bye. Rest a few of our stars for sure but not the majority of the 22. The pre finals bye should be plenty, I see two weeks as to much break and we might lose our touch. We struggle after long breaks as it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back