Who wins the Coleman Medal - Ben, Jack or Buddy?

The 2018 Coleman Medallist is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If brown attacked the ball rather than try to milk it it might have been paid. He’s soft.

You're understanding of football could fit comfortably on the head of a pin and still leave room for the Encyclopedia Britannica

You're understanding of football could fit comfortably on the head of a pin and still leave room for the Encyclopedia Britannica

He plays soft. Just really accepted the defender was making contact and hoped the umpire would help rather than just attack the ball. Look at the clip, he wasn’t being impeded that much, he wanted it to look worse than it was.

He plays soft. Just really accepted the defender was making contact and hoped the umpire would help rather than just attack the ball. Look at the clip, he wasn’t being impeded that much, he wanted it to look worse than it was.

I'm resigned to the fact that you're never going to get over the torching SLF gave you, and you will go on posting dumb North related stuff until you fall off the perch.

Leading goal kicker (1920-), lowest goal average per game, 1 round to go:

2.86 - Jack Riewoldt (2018, so far)
2.96 - Jack Riewoldt (2012)
3.00 - Horrie Clover (1922), Tom Carroll (1961)
3.05 - Leigh Matthews (1975), Lance Franklin (2014)
3.09 - Jarryd Roughead (2013)
3.11 - Bill Young (1956), John Peck (1965)
3.14 - Lance Franklin (2017)

Jack Riewoldt on target for 62.9 goals; lowest tallies for a Coleman Medal winner:
62 (1962) - Doug Wade
65 (2012) - Jack Riewoldt

Jack Riewoldt - worst multiple coleman winner ever?

Josh Kennedy to remain the people's champion on average goals per game, a stat he leads for the 4th year in a row.

He's not currently leading average goals per game. Will he play at the weekend in a chance to make a dash for the title?

Or he could sit back at home and hope Franklin kicks fewer than three.

Last edited:
Could, yes, but they'll also be wanting to get form and structures right for finals, which I imagine will take priority.
Dimma's made this quite clear with two comments. Last week he said that "you won't win many games of football with one bloke kicking 10" and this week he said that they won't be resting anyone in the last week because of the break. They need the same team that will play in the finals to get them ready. There's no hope in Hades that they'll be playing silly buggers with the Coleman.

Well at least this year it will be deserved Coleman unlike the crap we got last season in rnd 23 when buddy was gifted 10 goals in the last match because Carlton wad completely letting them do what they wanted for the tank to get a lower position and better draft pick. They where like training hats being played out of position the Blues in that game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm resigned to the fact that you're never going to get over the torching SLF gave you, and you will go on posting dumb North related stuff until you fall off the perch.
FMD, isn't this the same as your obsession with posting dumb anti Swans stuff on every possible thread? Your life will be consumed by the Blakey decision and you've still got Scott turning you down to come later! At least the AFL has gifted you Tarryn Thomas.

Ben Brown has become a serial stager, not quite Matthew Lloyd like but getting there.

Hawkins in the box seat I reckon. Especially if Port win on Friday, they'll be fired up to secure 8th spot.

the other three teams don't have anything to play for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well at least this year it will be deserved Coleman unlike the crap we got last season in rnd 23 when buddy was gifted 10 goals in the last match because Carlton wad completely letting them do what they wanted for the tank to get a lower position and better draft pick. They where like training hats being played out of position the Blues in that game.
Cheers for trying to justify that performance.

In reality, we were just really crap and Buddy was in one of those moods.

Sydney don’t have anything to play for?

If a team is inclined to try to get its spearhead to win the Coleman, not having anything to play for is a benefit.
I forgot about Sydney, but I also think they have more avenues than Geelong to goal, so that probably doesn't help Buddy.

As much as I'd love Tommy to win it, Jack has kicked multiple goals every week for the last 10 weeks and 3+ in six of those weeks. So Tommy would probably need 6 or 7 to have a chance of even a joint win.

Also Richmond are likely to be just playing with the Bulldogs by the end of the game, so I'm sure they'll hit Jack up with a few to make sure of it.

Lol at Snake's argument about Brown having missed out on 30 goals due to frees not being paid.

So how many goals have Buddy, Jack and Tom missed out on, considering their free count is roughly half of Brown's? Not sure about Riewoldt but the sheer physical size of Franklin and Hawkins means they're getting impinged on every second time they're in a contest. What's the take on them? Would they have kicked another 150 goals each using such a scientifically accurate measure

Back