EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't last, coaches payments will be included in salary cap soon.

Sooner the better if u ask me.
Same as the player payment/mercenaries argument it ain’t the targets fault it’s the club who offer or say yes to a figure that has contributed to whatever it is local footy has become.

Pay what you feel your business needs to do or can afford but the whole gamut must be packaged as a collective “capped figure” for the great of good long term otherwise where the hell does it end

Sooner the better if u ask me.
Same as the player payment/mercenaries argument it ain’t the targets fault it’s the club who offer or say yes to a figure that has contributed to whatever it is local footy has become.

Pay what you feel your business needs to do or can afford but the whole gamut must be packaged as a collective “capped figure” for the great of good long term otherwise where the hell does it end

I’ve posted a few times it the EDFL’s fault lower the cap and the points, or the top 4 won’t change EVER!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

K$150 & 40 points

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
. There in lies the problem with football statewide. AFL Vic are trying to introduce a system thats goal is to even up competitions. Problem not all clubs and leagues are equal. Next we will want capping of numbers per club. We need to reduce the $ spend on football departments, how it is done and more important how it is policed is the challenge.

Is 65k on the mark for an ex AFL coach in Premier division?

I guess it depends on what he is actually going to be involved in. If his going to deal with recruiting and possibly stage a couple of luncheons etc then that’s about right I reckon. He surely has good contacts still playing as well as some off field. Some packages allow him to pay an assistant, runner etc out of this. McGuane rumoured to be on 75-80k some years ago. Think it’s now below that but still high.
Personally think if the club can afford it and the coach is putting back and getting success then it probably is somewhat reimbursed.
Luncheons and sportsman nights can raise funds which is managed by these types of coaches plus getting them around club sponsors. McGuane also coaches a junior side as well.
But it’s only the right price for certain coaches like McGuane, Laidley, Eade etc. Not sure what McDonald was on but not sure his into coaching as much as these 3 but more of a director type imo.

Saw this on another thread - EDFL - CONSIDER - U/19's

Maybe one way the league/s could provide incentive for clubs and players alike could be that for the Under 19’s suspend or even remove their annual player registration fees for both the EDFL & AFLGF, plus remove the portion of affiliation fees for clubs to field their thirds sides, and maybe as a show of good faith reduce the costs on a clubs annual fees to the value associated with their annual players uniforms?

With these financial barriers removed this would have the immediate impact of reducing a clubs total annual fees and most importantly provide ALL clubs with a real incentive and real ability to recruit the much needed players without the financial impost on them, and IMO create a far more equal and competitive even competition where all clubs will have the ability to field an Under 19’s team.

Well done on getting this correct. EDS missed out on Waite some weeks ago as did Strathmore now.

Hearing any word on the street Turbs who will coach SM? Will Hardingham take any PV players with him? Foster maybe? APW throwing money around to ensure they are competitive in Premier. No official signings as yet but stay tuned.

Well done on getting this correct. EDS missed out on Waite some weeks ago as did Strathmore now.

Can’t speak for SM but EDS never spoke to Waite once nor did he approach the club. You need some new sources or you completely just make it up as you go, more likely the latter.
He was close at North Heidelberg with them offering a decent job but chose St.Kevs and the free education at a private school for the kids future.
EDS close to retaining all of the current list and been speaking to plenty of potential recruits but haven’t heard of them landing one yet.
Jeremy Barnard the whisper for SM coach, and would be a great get.

Can’t speak for SM but EDS never spoke to Waite once nor did he approach the club. You need some new sources or you completely just make it up as you go, more likely the latter.
He was close at North Heidelberg with them offering a decent job but chose St.Kevs and the free education at a private school for the kids future.
EDS close to retaining all of the current list and been speaking to plenty of potential recruits but haven’t heard of them landing one yet.
Jeremy Barnard the whisper for SM coach, and would be a great get.

Can’t be bothered arguing other than to say EDS definitely had some initial contact with Waite weeks ago. I will leave it at that... Maybe your source isn’t telling you everything or his not that close. Anyway let’s move on as who cares now you got Hardy as coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t be bothered arguing other than to say EDS definitely had some initial contact with Waite weeks ago. I will leave it at that... Maybe your source isn’t telling you everything or his not that close. Anyway let’s move on as who cares now you got Hardy as coach.

I can assure you they had zero contact with him. Whoever told you is wrong, if in fact anyone actually told you anything. EDS not targeting big money players and already knocked back a few that Hardingham wanted to bring with him. The strategy is about building slowly.
I can move on!
“We got” Hardy as coach due to pure lack of interest. Jury certainly out whether he was a great choice. Playing coaches divide opinions

I can assure you they had zero contact with him. Whoever told you is wrong, if in fact anyone actually told you anything. EDS not targeting big money players and already knocked back a few that Hardingham wanted to bring with him. The strategy is about building slowly.
I can move on!
“We got” Hardy as coach due to pure lack of interest. Jury certainly out whether he was a great choice. Playing coaches divide opinions
Good honesty Gremlin - I like it

I can move on!

Good luck with it all. Unfortunately though you will need some top end talent and that’s going to come at a cost whether you like it or not.

It won't last, coaches payments will be included in salary cap soon.
If that is on the cards, you will see a lot of player coaches. There should be a separate operations cap if they want to control how much coaches get paid. They really want to stuff up the comp.

Saw this on another thread - EDFL - CONSIDER - U/19's

Maybe one way the league/s could provide incentive for clubs and players alike could be that for the Under 19’s suspend or even remove their annual player registration fees for both the EDFL & AFLGF, plus remove the portion of affiliation fees for clubs to field their thirds sides, and maybe as a show of good faith reduce the costs on a clubs annual fees to the value associated with their annual players uniforms?

With these financial barriers removed this would have the immediate impact of reducing a clubs total annual fees and most importantly provide ALL clubs with a real incentive and real ability to recruit the much needed players without the financial impost on them, and IMO create a far more equal and competitive even competition where all clubs will have the ability to field an Under 19’s team.
It is an idea, but the EDFL need to pay the umpires so how do they do that except for taking player payments. Yes they could reduce the fees, that would help the boys afford being able to play.
I am not sure what you mean regarding player uniforms.

I can move on!
Does "building slowly" even mean going back to Div 1? Not sure why you knock back some strong players to fill a few gaps. As I have said EDS need to target a few boys that are now in the 19 to 22 age group that Geoff Maddern coached to 3 grand finals in 3 years with 2 premierships. You would have a shed load of good one point players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back