List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said it's a sensitive situation. It just makes you look like a fckwit when you trash a guy that's played for your team for 8 years as he leaves.
Lot of Tiger supporters that don't seem to like much about the Tigers.

Well if it’s not a sensitive situation, why are you and one other dude so sensitive about it?

Deledio played for 11 years, actually achieved s**t and everyone was laughing at him when we won the preliminary final against his mob.

I’m sure you were on of those people.

Christ guys, I don’t check this thread for one night and it’s 15 pages longer.

I will miss Cuddles.
I will admit, did shed a tear.

I’ll miss Reece.

Hopefully Freo treat him well.

And at least Freo will no longer have Mundy, Fyfe and Neale doing all the heavy lifting, Reece is no superstar but he always gives his all.

Nope. That's how FA works, nothing to complain avout. We're getting Lynch for nothing and you still want more???

Couldn’t be happier that we are likely getting Lynch for Conca.

But just like pretty much everything else in the AFL the system is flawed. There really shouldn’t even be compensation as it penalises 16 other clubs who had no involvement in the transaction.

This mid-season rookie draft thing will be the next farce. An easy way for clubs down the bottom of the ladder to get an extra draft pick because there are almost always players picked in the ND that nominated the year before... Ben Brown comes to mind.

Well if it’s not a sensitive situation, why are you and one other dude so sensitive about it?

Deledio played for 11 years, actually achieved s**t and everyone was laughing at him when we won the preliminary final against his mob.

I’m sure you were on of those people.
Rubbish mate Deledio stayed loyal for years and is a Richmond champion.He didn't want to leave, he was forced out at the time.

Stengle nominates Adelaide , we need at least a early third round pick for him I reckon.

Rubbish mate Deledio stayed loyal for years and is a Richmond champion.He didn't want to leave, he was forced out at the time.
What, he wanted to leave, he was actively looking at other clubs and in the end was a mutual decision.

No one said it's a sensitive situation. It just makes you look like a fckwit when you trash a guy that's played for your team for 8 years as he leaves.
Lot of Tiger supporters that don't seem to like much about the Tigers.
There was no major trash talk. Gotta stop looking at the comment as a negative, it's just facts or an opinion. Go back to all of the threads over the years and there would be alot worse said about Conca. Very sensitive souls out today. I'm gobsmacked how the comment was taken the wrong way.

Not sure if he was forced out. It was a mutual decision. Lids wanted success, didn't think Richmond were close and his loyalty over a decade was why we agreed to let him do what he wanted. Both parties respected the trade. Jeez, that was a sad day, still hurts watching him play for Giants.

Only time I really actively bad mouth players that have left us is when we are playing against them. Every time lids got even near the ball in the 2017 final I was booing like the rest of us

But apart from that I have nothing but good will for our past players and wish them all the best

Yeah nah.... Lids wanted out, it was widely reported he was 'looking'.....
Nah yeah, it suited us at the time to clear salary cap space.If we had showed any willingness for him to stay at the time, he would have stsyed.Everyone in football was saying he should be traded at the time, what choice did he have? He's a multople best and fairest winner mate show some respecto!

Couldn’t be happier that we are likely getting Lynch for Conca.

But just like pretty much everything else in the AFL the system is flawed. There really shouldn’t even be compensation as it penalises 16 other clubs who had no involvement in the transaction.

This mid-season rookie draft thing will be the next farce. An easy way for clubs down the bottom of the ladder to get an extra draft pick because there are almost always players picked in the ND that nominated the year before... Ben Brown comes to mind.

Agree! The cap relief is the compo, it lets you target another FA/front load contracts etc... in a salary capped league this isn’t appreciated enough, Norf and us this year with our signings have shown how cap space can be used by smart clubs.

As you said Hawks got Buddy compo and were able to target Frawley the following season.

There was no major trash talk. Gotta stop looking at the comment as a negative, it's just facts or an opinion. Go back to all of the threads over the years and there would be alot worse said about Conca. Very sensitive souls out today. I'm gobsmacked how the comment was taken the wrong way.
Not even particular about Conca, just how some Richmond 'fans' treat players when they leave. For example the s**t said about Lids. Very pathetic.

Nah yeah, it suited us at the time to clear salary cap space.If we had showed any willingness for him to stay at the time, he would have stsyed.Everyone in football was saying he should be traded at the time, what choice did he have? He's a multople best and fairest winner mate show some respecto!
Whats fact and respect got to do with each other mate? Fully respected Lids as a player.

Do some research, he was shopping himself, remember Geelong being first interested?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back