List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so in the event the Hawks cannot get a deal done and Scully nominates us, you would still be a no? I strongly doubt it.....
If the Hawks cant get the deal done and we can satisfy GWS then yes on one condition we revise the initial contracted offer and offer less $$$ like we did with Martin when he was being shopped around by his agent to GWS.
That way he takes unders to come to the club, im not going to be okay with a bloke who chooses a team for $$$ and then goes well if i cant go there then Richmond it is.... But clearly you are okay playing second fiddle to the Hawks im certainly not!

What is holding up the Lloyd trade?

And the Stengle trade too. I thought the Stengle one especially would have been quite straight forward.

Games people play. Maybe we are trying to inject ourselves into other's trades to get a better pick/player. Or maybe other clubs have higher priority trades that require the pick we'd get. Either way, if we are patient and careful we might land something nice and tasty.

Will be victorian club. Rule out return to melbourne. Bombers just got shiel so no. Pies hunting beams so no. Leaves us and hawks. Maybe north with the money they have but have no currency after gaing polec ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Or some of the players in the VFL will step up and become that depth, ever thought of that as a possibility.
It is a possibility but not a guarantee. It is a risk going into the 2019 season without improving the midfield/ruck through trading in. We could be saved by landing an immediate impact in the draft or by a VFL listed player making a left-field improvement to lift our midfield/ruck. It is not a guarantee though.

Trading in just one solid best-22 player into the midfield or ruck would be fine IMO, it doesn't have to be both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be victorian club. Rule out return to melbourne. Bombers just got shiel so no. Pies hunting beams so no. Leaves us and hawks. Maybe north with the money they have but have no currency after gaing polec ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
did you just mention lolnorff and close to premiership in the same sentence?

If the Hawks cant get the deal done and we can satisfy GWS then yes on one condition we revise the initial contracted offer and offer less $$$ like we did with Martin when he was being shopped around by his agent to GWS.
That way he takes unders to come to the club, im not going to be okay with a bloke who chooses a team for $$$ and then goes well if i cant go there then Richmond it is.... But clearly you are okay playing second fiddle to the Hawks im certainly not!
Who gives a toss about being second fiddle? He has short listed clubs 'close to winning a premiership'. We certainly fit that.
We were up against Hawks and Pies for Lynch, and won.
Got to be in it to win it, you do not pass up talent that Scully brings..... big yes from me.

We get Scully, and we become a lethal football team, much moreso than this year.

the assumption that anyone who chooses a club over us is doing it for money is nuts

There are plenty of reasons to play for clubs

Hawks - success, huge crowds, Clarkson
Richmond - recent success, good list, huge crowds
Pies - Anzac day, huge crowds, finals this year

I hate that whenever anyone chooses another club they are instantly money hungry scum bags!

Games people play. Maybe we are trying to inject ourselves into other's trades to get a better pick/player. Or maybe other clubs have higher priority trades that require the pick we'd get. Either way, if we are patient and careful we might land something nice and tasty.
Posturing becomes such the in-word during the trade period.....

Imagine Balme posturing over the plate of Monte Carlos.... "I've had 6.... do I risk a 7th one before afternoon tea?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back