List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find the "a couple of clubs" part interesting? Doesn't sound like it is only Hawthorn in the race by that quote, so we could still be well in the race for Scully.
Very, we are definitely in this conversation I would think..... I think trade radio even mentioned something about us and that Pick 17 would make it interesting....

Question is, for what could be available at Pick 17 1) ready for AFL in 2019? (Doubt) 2) better than what Scully could bring? (unsure/unproven obv..)

Very, we are definitely in this conversation I would think..... I think trade radio even mentioned something about us and that Pick 17 would make it interesting....

Question is, for what could be available at Pick 17 1) ready for AFL in 2019? (Doubt) 2) better than what Scully could bring? (unsure/unproven obv..)
We are in our windows now. Scully would be a perfect fit for us.

Might also mean Scully is interested in us, but we might not be able to match what Hawthorn are offering.
Maybe we have increased our offer?

Does anyone else find the "a couple of clubs" part interesting? Doesn't sound like it is only Hawthorn in the race by that quote, so we could still be well in the race for Scully.
The way I read it is...

- Scully wants to come home, GWS need cap space.
- Hawks are offering a better deal
- Tigers swoop only if Hawks can't get it done as we have #17 ready to hand over

All this bravado of "second fiddle" is nonsense. GWS have every right to play this by Tom's rule as he joined them when it impacted his reputation greatly.

If he can get to Hawks on a better deal (money & contract) then good for him. We'll be ready to swoop in if need be.

Just my take.

Good on Scully if he is choosing to go to a club for more money. If he can get it then why wouldn't he.

His football life is limited, set oneself up whilst you can I reckon.
I agree...I have total respect for those who don't choose the money, but no shame at all in getting yourself set up for life after footy.

Last edited:
Might also mean Scully is interested in us, but we might not be able to match what Hawthorn are offering.

yeah i reckon this is where it is at.

based on the info Grockadoc had a couple of weeks ago, Scully was definitely fond of us.

The way I read it is...

- Tigers swoop only if Hawks can't get it done as we have #17 ready to hand over

All this bravado of "second fiddle" is nonsense. GWS have every right to play this by Tom's rule as he joined them when it impacted his reputation greatly.

If he can get to Hawks on a better deal (money & contract) then good for him. We'll be ready to swoop in if need be.

Just my take.
Odds on Lynch to win the Coleman will drop off a cliff if we got Scully. Martin, Scully, Short, Houli, Edwards and Cotchin delivering the ball to him on a silver platter

We are in the race to get him. trust me

If one was getting Scully do a Franklin type deal with a quite a few years out not on same money of course and backload it heavy.

If we got Scully surely someone like Ellis would have to be moved on.

Still think our number one get should be Scrimshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I read it is...

Just my take.
I’m tipping if we get Scully it won’t be until about 7pm Wednesday if Hawthorn have given up on getting the deal done.

If one was getting Scully do a Franklin type deal with a quite a few years out not on same money of course and backload it heavy.

If we got Scully surely someone like Ellis would have to be moved on.

Still think our number one get should be Scrimshaw
Thing is we've backloaded Lynch's salary. We'd be bursting at the seams cap wise and would definately need to move someone like Ellis on, even then Hawks offer would trump ours I'm guessing.

Andy Maher on SEN saying Hawthorn have a track record of getting players they want.

Umm.. does he forget about Lynch, Sloane, Shiel, Fyfe and May? That's off the top of my head from the last 2 years alone.
What he means is, once a player nominates them, they get it done even when it appears difficult.

This is true.

Thing is we've backloaded Lynch's salary. We'd be bursting at the seams cap wise and would definately need to move someone like Ellis on, even then Hawks offer would trump ours I'm guessing.

That maybe the case but in the years ahead a number of our players will move on.

Scully is 27 so a 7 year deal is possible to 34. They are talking about his ankle injury on trade radio is interesting. Dislocation as well as a break.

Body makes Scully a risk though now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back