Universal Love The Kelly Gang

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on a forum we can’t discuss/ make criticisms of a publically made comment/behaviour

s**t better shut down Bigfooty

I know I sound like I’m on a high horse here. But respectful discussion or constructive criticism is fine...even irrational umpiring bashing is ok (which I am definitely guilty of sometimes). I really don’t like personal attacks on people’s character, especially on a mother who may or may not be suffering mental health issues.

Yeah I feel sympathy for the situation no doubt, I've got 2 kids and my family are a couple of hours away by car, the other halfs in Adelaide so it can be tough with no real support or help close, and I would earn about a quarter of what he did this year... I lose sympathy for them a fair bit when they shut down the option to get to one of the other sides back home and his moron manager basically admitted it is because West Coast are a good side and Freo aren't... Staying in Geelong can't be the big bad wolf you make it out to be when you shut down a viable option to go home like that.
Also fwiw as in anything in life you get out what you put in.. If you don't want to give something a chance you will never like it, seems she was never going to give Geelong a chance so she was never going to enjoy it.

This is called hitting the head of the nail.

Life does demand that you be open to all new experiences if you want to make the most of it. Like you, we have had very young kids (4) interstate without any wider family for years. We thought it would be hard and for a bit it was but we were amazed at how quickly we made good friends and soon had any help we asked for.

I would be amazed if Ms Miller was not offered all sorts of help by the club and by the players partners but you have to be ready to accept it.

It's going to be difficult from here, but I still hold out hope that Caitlin will click with someone (or two) and settle enough to allow Tim to continue to hone his skills.

If he doesn't agree with either of them he should grow the cahuna's to speak out and a) say they're incorrect, and b) put his true feelings forward.

He knows exactly what they're saying, and that they're painting his public face. He needs to tell both of them to shut up.... Unless he agrees with them
He doesn't have to do or say anything. Maybe you should grow some and tell him in person?

I know I sound like I’m on a high horse here. But respectful discussion or constructive criticism is fine...even irrational umpiring bashing is ok (which I am definitely guilty of sometimes). I really don’t like personal attacks on people’s character, especially on a mother who may or may not be suffering mental health issues .

So she should be free to make public statements with no recourse because she’s

A) a mother
B) could have mental health issues

If you put yourself out there to the public you will always recieve a backlash ...no matter if you’re right or wrong

Again she is being painted as a victim, how about she just accepts the consequences of her actions?

So she should be free to make public statements with no recourse because she’s

A) a mother
B) could have mental health issues

If you put yourself out there to the public you will always recieve a backlash ...no matter if you’re right or wrong

Again she is being painted as a victim, how about she just accepts the consequences of her actions?

Perhaps the tabloid has chased her for a story or she got some poor pr advice. We don’t know, so we should be careful on how we respond.

What I really hope is that the gfc and the Kelly gang discuss the issues and resolve their differences constructively. Who knows, perhaps they may then decide to stay on after 2019, if everything settles down. That may be totally naive of me, but hey, I’m an optimist.

The one piece of advice I would give them is to set their social media accounts to private. There are so many creepy lunatics out there.

Really? Has she come on here telling you to stop talking publicly about stuff?
Haha fair enough although pretty sure I have been quite respectful towards her throughout this saga. The scenario of talking about the club to a media outlet is not a helpful move and am quite happy to advise her on this, if she’d like!

Last edited:
I don't think Kelly had to sign a 2-year deal under terms of the CBA - and if he had a manager who understood the rules better, he may have ensured that Kelly signed a 1-year deal which would have forced a trade if Kelly's intent was to always return to WA after one year; that Kelly signed a two year deal, I think his intention was to stick it out for two years but there was pressure to return home which is why a trade was requested:

Kelly met the age requirement for an exemption to entering into a standard playing contract
Clause 9(f) flatly says non-rookie draftees must enter a 2-year (so-called) "contract".

22.3(a) conflicts with 9(f) and does not seem to make any sense unless you read 22.3(a) down by reference to 22.3(b), so that the exemption in (a) only applies to mature-age players (or rookies) who can prove - before the draft - that they are reasonably unlikely to be drafted if clubs have to commit to them for 2 years.

Which Kelly clearly would not have been able to do, with 3 - or more - clubs dwelling on drafting him.

PS, I suspect a case of the bete noire of legal draftsmen when amending/updating existing documents, known in Latin as "forgetting to catch and bung in the cross-references".

Last edited:
Clearly Tim should dump her, forget about the kids (they're half her anyway, so half-useless) and focus on himself, so he can keep playing for the football team I support without having to worry about outside concerns like family or fatherhood. I know everything about the situation because I've read a couple articles so I feel completely correct and within my rights to offer up this advice on a public forum. Let's hope his stupid sick children and frowny missus don't affect his footy output next year, amirite fellas?!

Clearly Tim should dump her, forget about the kids (they're half her anyway, so half-useless) and focus on himself, so he can keep playing for the football team I support without having to worry about outside concerns like family or fatherhood. I know everything about the situation because I've read a couple articles so I feel completely correct and within my rights to offer up this advice on a public forum. Let's hope his stupid sick children and frowny missus don't affect his footy output next year, amirite fellas?!
Finally a sane and clear voice has risen above the din.
To quote Partridge :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got kids and a wife? Missed that.

Nice melt

Nice melt

Haha, relax, I'm just poking fun. Christ, between you calling me a "white knight" and then reverting to "nice melt" I'm worried you've spent too much time online. Find your own words and stop regurgitating memes, mate. If I'm gonna be potted by strangers I'd appreciate they at least show some originality or verve. :p

Haha, relax, I'm just poking fun. Christ, between you calling me a "white knight" and then reverting to "nice melt" I'm worried you've spent too much time online. Find your own words and stop regurgitating memes, mate. If I'm gonna be potted by strangers I'd appreciate they at least show some originality or verve. :p
Calm your victim complex

Calm your victim complex

Says the dude who's claiming to know the ins-and-outs of a stranger's relationship because he thinks it might affect the results of his footy team. I'm not a victim, I'm just mocking people I think are taking this all a bit too personally.

Well you can see why marriages have a 50% chance of ending in divorce, who wants to put up with that kind of drama in their lives.

Says the dude who's claiming to know the ins-and-outs of a stranger's relationship because he thinks it might affect the results of his footy team. I'm not a victim, I'm just mocking people I think are taking this all a bit too personally.
I’m not picking a fight but it’s ironic that you fail to find the sarcasm in the quote after stating that you were being sarcastic in your post.

I’m not picking a fight but it’s ironic that you fail to find the sarcasm in the quote after stating that you were being sarcastic in your post.

Sarcasm can be hard to read in online forums - especially in the midst of a robust debate. Anyway, I'll leave this topic now. It's clear I've got my view (we shouldn't bag out Kelly's missus en masse because we don't know the intimate details of the situation) and others have theirs (she's made it public so she can wear the criticism.)

I hope everybody involved in the situation finds a healthy and happy resolution and that Tim plays good footy for us next year. I'd just prefer the conversation surround him as opposed to his loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back