Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 3!

What do you think the Crows should do with their Picks?

• Don't vote for that one above either (or this one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Way ahead of you. I stopped watching after I saw a team completely disinterested against Collingwood. Only 3 games from a pathetic GF performance and they couldn't be bothered to break out of a jog. Doing that on the day the VFL gave us all the finger and extended the MCG contract by another 20 years - yeah that was the final straw.

They don't have the fight needed to win a flag as a non-vic side. Adelaide is a Carlton, a Fremantle, a Port Adelaide, a Gold Coast - going nowhere and doing nothing about it.

If you don't like losing talented players now, wait a couple of years when they bring in the mid-season trades they want and players are walking out the door in June.

Giving it away has been great, no more weekends ruined by being in a shitty mood from a poor loss, I've been able to accept invites that clashed with Crows games. I've turned in 2 memberships, that money will do me more good in my pocket.

Now I just enjoy watching people who actually think that anything is going to change.

Maybe the VFL will hand them a pity flag in another 20 years or so, maybe.
Might I suggest as you have abandoned the Club, that you also do so in the forum. No real point in being here, is there?

Can everyone stop worrying about what Port are doing and who they'll get. We all know they are poor at development. Let's focus on us and our brilliant draft hand and select the 4 best avaliable players at 8, 13, 16 and 21. We can worry about the SA boys in 2 or 3 years time and get them for a late 1st or early 2nd rounder instead of shelling out 2 or 3 first round picks.... my god some of you are crazy.
It's the SA talent in the draft
Like a Aldi Camping sale if they ever came to Darwin

Even if we had picks 1 2 & 3 it's unlikely all the top SA players would be first selected. There's other talent in this draft

Yeah that's it. :rolleyes: Actually I reckon you (and your mates) need a LONG break. Try to get some joy into your life... it's clearly not happening with anything remotely to do with the footy club seeing as they are so s**t (according to you). You'd be so much better off if you didn't have so much angst in your life or be anywhere near the scores of folk like me who actually support the club. Just think!

Got to laugh at this.

You're quite demonstrably the least happy poster out.

If you had even the slightest self satisfaction you wouldnt feel the need to debase yourself by trying to achieve status through being the most servile, and you damn sure wouldnt take constant vicarious slight at the merest suggestion that the people that you're desperate to be servile to are flawed.

Great point. Wonder if Greenwood could play McGovern's role next year... Doubt Fog is ready for it aerobically
Someone said Fog’s ultra serious about his offseason workouts to build his tank the other day. Refused to go home because he wanted to stay near the clubs facilities.

I know it’s a BF rumour and grain of salt and all that, but if there is any truth too it then the kids certainly listened in his exit interview this year. And seems to have the right attitude.

Great point. Wonder if Greenwood could play McGovern's role next year... Doubt Fog is ready for it aerobically

The best option is to scrap that role entirely and play Lynch as a proper third tall.

Let Greenwood stay as an inside midfielder and float him forward when he needs a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To get pick #2 to draft Kelly, GWS had to trade Tyson (himself a pick #3) and #9 (+ #53) for Melb's #2 (+ #20 & #72)
Thanks - but that is still not 3x 1st rounders...

No one has ever traded 3x 1st rounders for a player.

On a 1 year deal i would take him in a heartbeat! Averages over 2 goals a game in the last 2 years.

There is a good reason that Menzel is in this situation despite that, and it's because he is utterly useless defensively (1.4 tackles, 1.1 1%, 0.8 intercepts). Small forwards survive on their defense.

There is a good reason that Menzel is in this situation despite that, and it's because he is utterly useless defensively (1.4 tackles, 1.1 1%, 0.8 intercepts). Small forwards survive on their defense.
I understand that. For the record 2 guys on our list have averaged 2 goals a game in their careers and neither are small forwards...

I don't think he is the difference but if he is available on a 1 year deal and fits in the cap then I say take him

Back