Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know what we’re paying Lynch and what other clubs are paying their recruits so I can’t give you a straight answer. It would depend on a lot of things but I would’ve prioritised a midfielder.

In my opinion, Beams, although unrealistic, would improve us more than Lynch would and Lynch would improve Collingwood more than Beams would. Their midfield is stacked without Beams and our forward line was highly functionable without Lynch.

No.2 in the comp for inside 50’s per game (59 a game no.3 was 54) yet only scored above 120 twice, 121 v blues and 125 v Suns.

GWS did it 3 times all above 130
Pies did it 4 times and 3 times above 130
Cats did it 4 times and 2 above 140
Eagles did it 5 times and 3 times above 130
Dees did it 5 times and 4 above 140

The reality is our forwardline functions okay but isn’t anywhere near as high powered as the rest of the top 6. We need Lynch to capitilise on our territory and i50 dominance.

We kept teams at teasing distance too often cos we were unable to apply the knock out punch with just Jack, Caddy and dwarves.

Meanwhile Lynch also lets us move Caddy further up the field into more of a midfield role. Sure he is a bit and miss in there but his best as a mid is as good as any and with more continuity in that position hopefully he can find more consistency.

I'm torn on AFLX now - I was dead against the whole concept - wanted to vomit all over it.

Then Jack buys in and becomes one of the Captains - I feel I need to support Jack!
but heaven forbid he gets injured - I will dead set go postal...

Jack getting paid a fair bit to buy in.

Correct, however I reckon Reece was perhaps between 22nd and 25th on our list to be picked.
If all reports about the positive look of Maverick are true then sounds like we would want to play him earlier.
Conca May have been 22-25 in our eyes however he was picked every week when fit , there’s a starting 18 gap from the get go

What is the plan for Day 2? Having a rest from the heat yesterday?
No. We've just finished a skills development session at CBus Stadium, followed by Strength and Richmond Man.

Now having lunch followed by team activities this afternoon. My team is Me, Graham, Weller, Astbury, Bolton, Callum-Jones, McQualter and Dodd.

Haere Ra

No. We've just finished a skills development session at CBus Stadium, followed by Strength and Richmond Man.

Now having lunch followed by team activities this afternoon. My team is Me, Graham, Weller, Astbury, Bolton, Callum-Jones, McQualter and Dodd.

Haere Ra
What's for lunch KiwiTiger? Who is the top 3 in banter (outside of yourself of course)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haere Ra

be interested on your take on Graham, Weller , Bolton & CCJ at the end of all this

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back